Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rawd
    Participant
    @rawd

Update! 1.0.4.  I made an educational toybox for new VPVR authors who would like to learn some simple scripting, lighting and animation techniques. This room features items from different authors and contributors. There is some interesting stuff, and I hope to add more in the future. All of the different objects are on their own layers for easy drag and drop into your own project, and I've detailed the script so that it is easy to understand. If you study this room in the editor, you will learn how to animate objects with timers, and with keypresses (on coordinates and rotating on their axis).... How to swap textures, and materials on the fly.... How to make a shadowmap layer, and animate shadows. Lighting techniques (by swapping images). There is a plunger and plunger button provided with coding for both analog plungers and buttons. If you don't feel like learning to code, I have still made it easy to grab each of the toys separately, and I separated all of the code so that you can grab just the parts you need. There are both an analog and a digital clock (Digital clock made by DJRobX and Walter Whitmer), Rascals working bubble machine leveler, 3rdAxis Fireplace and Donkey Kong machine, a little moving spider, a moving tire toy, Steely's Lavalamp, and more. I tried to annotate the script in a way that people can understand. I am not a coder, so it is all VERY basic stuff, but hopefully it is enough to get you started. Once you learn a couple of these easy scripting and animation techniques, your imagination is the limit. All of the items in this room were provided by myself, 3rdAxis, Rascal, Steely, DJRObX, Walter Whitmer, Senseless, and others.. Along with a couple of models I got from Turbosquid. Thanks to all of you guys.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

@rawd nice youtube video :good:

Glad someone is tryin/testing that option and actually is nice to see video right from downloads page. very cool thanks.

I know scale of video is not perfect but have had ZERO time for site last couple weeks

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Rawd
    Participant
    @rawd

Updated to 1.0.2  Lots of models added and more scripting examples.  Cleaned up the materials a bit.

senseless
    Participant
    @senseless

Awesome Rawd! A really nice selection of VR toys to play around with and enrich the VR environment.

Time to play :)! Thanks for all your hard work.

Rawd
    Participant
    @rawd

Thanks Senseless.  I’m hoping that people can take the simple script ideas and implement them into their own creative stuff.

Rawd
    Participant
    @rawd

Pretty big update to 1.0.3! Gear323 provided some nice pictures of a couple of his plungers, and you add a talented modeller (not me), and BAM! Beautiful VR plungers! Rascal coded a cool Bobblehead toy that you can copy from and make your own (just need a 2 part model). I added a few more scripting examples and a couple of more models as well. I’m hoping people can use these tools and script examples to come up with some cool stuff. Be sure to check out this video of those plungers!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    senseless
    Participant
    @senseless

Thanks for the great update ;)!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW