Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gear323
    Participant
    @gear323

VR ROOM Funhouse

This another awesome pinball table. wrd1972 along with others others did an outstanding job recreating it for VPX. In my opinion, in VR it's even better to play and it looks really great!

This VR port just takes their great work and sets it in a room so you can play it with a VR headset. The table itself is not modded other than some slight modifications to make it fit in the cabinet and a little lighting for the room.

Gameplay Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PutGgY50bZs&feature=youtu.be

Credits go to:

- wrd1972 - For his awesome version 2.0c VPX table that you can also download here on this site.

Below credits taken from his release page:

***The very talented FH development team.***

Original VP10 beta by "Shoopity" and completed by "wrd1972"

Original content borrowed from "JPsalas"

VP9 table Additional scripting by "cyberpez", "rothbauerw", "32assassin"

Plastics prims by "cyberpez"

Playfield toy, marble ball and faceless Rudy mods by"Cyberpez"

Creepy Rudy artwork by "Rothbauerw"

Clear ramps by "dark"

Wire ramps by "ninuzzu"

Subway by "ninuzzu"

Rudy face prims by "vanlion"

Mystery mirror by "cyberpez"

PF lighting by "wrd1972"

Flashers and bulbs by "wrd1972"

Physics by "wrd1972"

PF image refresh by "clarkkent"

DT view scoring reels and background by "32assissin"

DOF by "arngrim"

Flasher domes by "flupper"

PF inserts prims by Schreibi34

As for the VR conversion, special thanks to:

- 3rdaxis for sharing his great VR work and the template for creating a VR Room.

- Caligula for bringing us VPX VR via VPVR!

- Blindpeser for assisting with the DMD flasher and config options.

- DJrobX for providing the flasher score option to the table as well as working out some issues with flashers on the new VR cabinet.

- And VPX and PinMame Dev Teams!

Jerware
    Participant
    @jerware

Thanks, Buck-O!!

Ben Logan2
    Participant
    @benlogan2

Grab yourself a hotdog! You and senseless are making some great rooms. Can’t wait to get them up and running. We own a Funhouse, and wrd’s is startlingly close to the real thing!

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Man VP needs better anti-aliasing, looks great but the jaggies on the wire ramp, yikes.

3dcreation

gear323
    Participant
    @gear323

Man VP needs better anti-aliasing, looks great but the jaggies on the wire ramp, yikes.

Hey Dark,

Have you tried this in VR or are you just going by the Screenshot?
    The screenshot is far back so that you can see the entire table since it is VR.  When actually playing it looks much better since you are closer to the table.

Here is a closer screenshot that shows more of what it looks like when playing in VR

View post on imgur.com

gear323
    Participant
    @gear323

Here is a super close screenshot with the VR headset sitting just under the glass. (Click the white box below if you can’t see the preview here)

View post on imgur.com

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Yeah I’m going off the screen shot as well as what I’ve observed in standard vpx.  Depending on the angle of a wireform, they often suffer the most from anti-aliasing (or lack or).  Brute-force x4 anti-aliasing in vp will fix most of that but it’s really harsh on performance.

Yeah it looks better in the screen grabs you posted but distant elements even in those screen shots don’t look very sharp.

3dcreation

yrplace18
    Participant
    @yrplace18

Having a problem with all versions of Funhouse where the backless image fills only a quarter of the screen.

Have tried diff back glasses and versions and they all look the same. Can someone tell me how  resize the glass image? I’ve looked on the forums without success . Thanks

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

Having a problem with all versions of Funhouse where the backless image fills only a quarter of the screen.

Have tried diff back glasses and versions and they all look the same. Can someone tell me how resize the glass image? I’ve looked on the forums without success . Thanks

You would have to post this in the relevant release thread. This thread is for the VR room version which doesn’t deal with a db2s

edit: have you messed with your windows scale settings by any chance?  Are all other tables backglasses working oK?

yrplace18
    Participant
    @yrplace18

all other glasses look fine…where do I find the scale settings for this glass ?

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

I am talking about windows scaling, select your backglass monitor first then see screenshot “scale and layout” this should show 100% .

windows 10 scaling

Please continue this thread in it’s own, this has nothing to do with VPVR-VR Room funhouse

Rajo Joey
    Participant
    @joey2001

Hm, a very good looking table. Just tested it, but I’ve got no DMD. :cry:

External is checked. I’m on Freezy 1.8. :scratch:

[Edit]

It was my fault. I don’t see, that I start VR in portrait mode.

Today I use the normal landscape mode and the DMD is shown.?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Rajo Joey.
    stelloboy
    Participant
    @stelloboy

This room looks great, but I have tried everything to get the DMD to display and it won’t. I’m in the process of getting VPVR up and running. This table and whitewater both won’t display DMD. I even did a complete fresh reinstall of VPX and everything and am still getting the error. DMD shows up fine on TOTAN, Mars ttacks, Scared Stiff, CFTBL, etc. I am also getting a b2s object error pop up about 30 seconds after launch, but I thought these VR rooms didn’t use b2s . . . any advice for troubleshooting would be much appreciated! :wacko:

Rawd
    Participant
    @rawd

This room looks great, but I have tried everything to get the DMD to display and it won’t. I’m in the process of getting VPVR up and running. This table and whitewater both won’t display DMD. I even did a complete fresh reinstall of VPX and everything and am still getting the error. DMD shows up fine on TOTAN, Mars ttacks, Scared Stiff, CFTBL, etc. I am also getting a b2s object error pop up about 30 seconds after launch, but I thought these VR rooms didn’t use b2s . . . any advice for troubleshooting would be much appreciated! :wacko:

You could try to Uncheck this setting in the regular video options in VP..  I think it will help both of your issues…. (Restart VP for the change to take affect)FS

• This reply was modified 5 days, 13 hours ago by Rawd.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW