VR Room Hurricane Minimal (Williams 1991) v1.1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    retro27
    Participant
      @retro27

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-room-hurricane-minimal-williams-1991/

Circus Time!

This is a VR Room for Hurricane (Williams 1991) base on the VPX table by Herweh.

VR Room credits:
      •Cabinet / Textures by Retro27.
      •Sixtoe worked his magic and improved performance for version 1.1

Credits: Herweh, OldSkoolGamer, ICPjuggla, JimmyFingers, Koadic

Special Feature:

Easter eggs in the table ?
      •Sometimes when you enter the lit Hurricane ramp, you can see a picture of a cow accompanied with a moo, you can also get a picture of a huge eye.
      •Sometimes the unlit Ferris Wheel will get you an inchworm or four ducks.
      •Sometimes, about every 30th game or so, when you hit the “Mystery” shot to start the spinning wheel, the voice that normally says “Thrills, Chills, Magic, Prizes” will instead be a weird voice (sounds like Qbert) that says “Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble”. If it happens the first time on a particular game, then it will make the saying again the next two or three times you hit the Mystery wheel. Then it will go back to the normal voice and normal phrase.
      •Toggle thru GI and flipper color modes with the left and right MagnaSave buttons. But remember this is just a preview. To switch permanently to a specific color mode you have to do these changes in the script options.

Wildman
      Participant
        @wildman

Not to really harp on things so trivial but I notice how all these VR Tables come out and  I see all these guys from versions long time ago, get credit for the work and all the new guys for adding a light or some cool hi rez pics, but for some funny reason i dont see no credit given for all those excellent Back glasses that you guys use.. I guess that b2s work is so easy it dont need to be mentioned cause its all free anyways and anybody can just wip them out in top notch quality in minutes… :good: B-)

and Im not talking just about me there alot of guys that are making killer BG’s lately they deserve credit too.. ;-)    Thanks for your time :-)

OHHHH by the way that a killer upgraded hurricane BG  …. LMFAO….. and the table looks ok to….

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Wildman.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Wildman.
        JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

That’s not harping.  Nor trivial.

Sixtoe
          Participant
            @kiella

Not to really harp on things so trivial but I notice how all these VR Tables come out and I see all these guys from versions long time ago, get credit for the work and all the new guys for adding a light or some cool hi rez pics, but for some funny reason i dont see no credit given for all those excellent Back glasses that you guys use.. I guess that b2s work is so easy it dont need to be mentioned cause its all free anyways and anybody can just wip them out in top notch quality in minutes… :good: B-)

and Im not talking just about me there alot of guys that are making killer BG’s lately they deserve credit too.. ;-) Thanks for your time :-)

OHHHH by the way that a killer upgraded hurricane BG …. LMFAO….. and the table looks ok to….

Hi @wildman, first of all I’d like so say what a fantastic job you do with all your backglasses, I and others always appreciate all your work (especially myself as I’m a fan of normal backglasses rather than PUP videos and stuff).

I think there might be some confusion over how the backglasses work in VR, there’s essentially 3 different way’s it’s implemented;

1. There is normallly a basic flat “backglass” primitive which displays a static image (just literally a picture of the translite), this is what you’re seeing in 99% of the VR table images “out the box” and is used as kind of a “placeholder” rather than have a blank backbox.
            2. There is an option in VPVR to “capture” the b2s’s (and pup packs, and external DMD’s), this requires the user to download and have the b2s just like you would in a normal cabinet or desktop mode, VPVR then projects these captured images (literally frame by frame) onto the backglass primitive as mentioned above. This is probably the most common usage and it displays all the work you and others have done with your backglasses inside of the VR environment.
            3. The entire backglass is rebuilt inside VPX, using flashers and all sorts of nonsense and odd code. This is a time consuming and complicated process (as b2s’s are I imagine!), but when done well can look really good and actually takes less computer resources to run than capturing the b2s.

So if an end user wishes to have a working backglass, they are required to download your backglass, or have one of the few tables where the backglass has been fully built and integrated.

If I have personally been guilty of anything it would be that I have in the past used backglass images from some of the available backglasses as a placeholder just assuming people would run the db2s, but I definitely haven’t ever packaged up your work as part of the download.

I’m happy to answer any questions you have about it, and go back and add credit for the static backglass image to my old tables if you wish?

I’m also more than  happy to discuss the work required to get vpx tables looking good in VR (especially on older tables),

Cheers, and thanks again for all the work you do for the community,

Six.

Wildman
            Participant
              @wildman

Its all good, your not personally guilty of anything LOL..  It just struck me funny thats all . I see your point I didnt know how it worked :unsure: its cool,

Like I said Im not harping or complaining just making a comment is all :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?