VR ROOM Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=178187

VR version of the incredible Frankenstein.

This is one awesome table in VR! The depth is great and you really see the complexity of the ramps and how deep this table really is in a cabinet. I used my new basement VR environment and couldn’t resist to put Baywatch next to Frankie :). Enjoy this beauy in VR and don’t forget to check out the VR table settings in the script if you like to enable/disable some VR objects.

Keep a close eye out for more releases, VR is going to be the future of visual pinball :).

Credits go to:

– Schreibi34 and Herweh for their excellent table (v1.1)

– Caligula for bringing us VPX VR via VPVR!

Special thanks to (copied from the original table release):

– Dark: We all know what he did! Frank is just jawdropping!! – Dids666: For starting all of this and his awesome meshes. Thanks for letting us finish this!! – Sheltemke: For stitching together the PF image and playtesting – Mlager8: For PS help on the sling plastics – RothbauerW: For his awesome physics’ guide at vpinball.com and some more help on the physics – Mark70, Bord, Thalamus: For beta testing and some good hints – Batch: For the DT background image.

9 users thanked author for this post.
      Ben Logan2
      Participant
        @benlogan2

Thanks, senseless!

Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

Great stuff!

If you think the sidewall reflections look shitty in VR, there is an option to use only the gi-off ones in the script!

Thanks senseless!

freetz
          Participant
            @freetz

i appreciate ALL your work thank you for doing a lot in VR for the community

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

I love the sidewall reflections on Frankenstein! Have you seen them in action?

Rajo Joey
              Participant
                @joey2001

Thanks. A really fantastic looking table in VR. :yahoo: :heart:

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Hey got a chance to try this VR version, looked great!  I did find the DMD a little dim, is there a way I can adjust the script to spruce it up?

BTW I re-enabled the LUT settings (via the magna saves) it’s very cool as it affects the room “brightness” not just the table and it works really well.  On my PC I had to turn off the cabs and other assets to get the perfect smooth frame rate I wanted but yeah it works really well.

As mentioned in the Baywatch VR room thread, if I turn off the scratches I get a greyish filter on the glass so I have to leave the scratches on, I personally use number 3 I think (not many scratches) to have the clarity back.

Terrific job with this and of course with the original authors who did such a kick ass job on this table, I never seem to tire playing it. In VR you really get to appreciate the Frank head and all the ramps, etc.

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

You can change the coloring of the dmd by selecting the flasher object. In the object settings you can play around with the opacity and modulation to meet your preference.

I will check out the LUT settings. I personally like the current settings and lighting experience is also per VR goggle a bit different (e.g. difference in panels lcd vs oled etc.).

For the scratches I also like to have only a very few! That’s why I added the setting for everyone to choose their own preference. Will check out what happens on my side when I select no scratches. Haven’t seen the greyish effect.

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Yes it is excellent to have options, the more the merrier. That’s a very good point about different brightness can look different in each of the various headsets!  I will check out the DMD options, thanks for the hint!

edit:  Yep, easy enough to change the DMD options, many thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?