VR ROOM Mousin’ Around! Minimal (Bally 1989)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pgheyd
    Participant
      @pgheyd

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=206601

Added the VR conversions to this table that was done by Herweh (thanks for the permission to mod!).   Absolutely love this table, and it’s game play, and put a lot of time to make sure this one looks and plays great in VR.  Sixtoe provided a once over and did a couple additional tweaks, including some z height / flickering issues and the GI overhead light.

I spent a considerable amount time getting the backglass to be interactive, including the GI, the Alphanumeric displays, and the jackpot meter lighting up on the right.

I changed the typical minimal room slightly to have a wood floor, and a slightly different wall… which gives an appearance of lighting from the pinball machine casting on the wall.  You can change back to the original walls and floor in the options section of the script.  I also added custom side rails too.  Again, you can change it back in the script to be the generic black ones.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!  And thanks again to Herweh and Sixtoe!

Olliebommel
      Participant
        @pintris

Thanks for this great table. Looks very good in VR. I have a problem however that I don’t see the score displayed on the backglass. I do have the rom (I’m playing VR in front of my “real” vpin and I see the score on my dmd screen so that works). On the backglass in VR I do see the bonus lights (the yellow squares) blinking so the b2s seems to work, but i don’t see the scores on the panel, only the place holder. Any idea how to fix that?

pgheyd
        Participant
          @pgheyd

It might be related to the version of Freezy you have.  I use 1.8.1, and I know that he included alphanumeric support in those later versions.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Olliebommel
          Participant
            @pintris

The issue was that I had the option “use always fs backdrop setting” enabled. When disabling this the score appeared in VR. What I do notice is that the score panel is right above the “placeholder” for it, instead of spot on. I see in your screenshot that the score panel for you is on the exact spot, for me it is above it so it is on the artwork above the score panel. Is there a way for me to move the score panel down a bit so it is in the correct location on the backglass? thanks.

pgheyd
            Participant
              @pgheyd

Interesting on how you fixed it.  I’m really confused as to why the alphanumeric score is not in the right spot on the backglass.  That is hard set in table, and doesn’t move.

There are 480 flashers that were placed in the exact position on layer nine of the editor (d1-d99).  You can select those flashers and move them in the tool if they really need to be moved for you.  The easiest way to move all of them, is to go into the edit tab, select element, and then select all the d1-d99 flashers.  (Note it’ll take awhile).  Once selected, you can move them up or down.

Again, I really don’t understand how/why those would not be in the right place for you.  They are no different than any other flasher or primative on the table itself on how they are placed.  Did you by chance, when troubleshooting to get the table to work, accidentally move the backglass itself?  Or something else?  Maybe redownload the file before you start modifying and see if that works.

Paul

Olliebommel
              Participant
                @pintris

you were right. I downloaded it again and the score is in the correct location now. I probably messed something up while testing. Thanks again for this great table in VR.

studlygoorite
                Participant
                  @studlygoorite

Wow, this baby is going right into my favorites. Looks great and plays even better. Thanks for doing and sharing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?