VR ROOM Pirates of the Caribbean

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=156288

VR version of the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean by sliderpoint.

This baby is a beauty and in VR the 3D detail of the table is awesome. The boat and the chest look just incredible. Had to do some small modifications to get the table well suited in the cab ;).

Credits go to:

– sliderpoint for his incredible table

– 3rdaxis for sharing his great VR work and the template for creating a VR Room

– Caligula for bringing us VPX VR via VPVR!

Keep a close eye out for more releases, VR is going to be the future of visual pinball :).

6 users thanked author for this post.
      STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

That Looks very nice, Question: what do i Need for “VR”, Special GPU ? would my 1050Ti enough, other Hardware ?

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

I recommend at least a 1070 or better and a decent cpu (i5/i7 last gen). You can run stuff with the 1050Ti but expect you cannot do a lot of super sampling (this helps in the overall quality of the image).

If you start with VR I would try to buy a second hand Oculus Rift, they should be affortable at the moment with all the new Quests/Rift S/Index googles out.

Kood-X
          Participant
            @kood-x

This one gives me low FPS, and doesn’t seem to be able to use more than 40% of the power of the 1080ti before capping !?

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

This table runs ok with my setup, mabye it’s cpu hungry… I run a i9900k with 2080.

Try running this without the color rom option (no external dmd) and see if this makes a difference. In addition try playing around with  lower super sampling and disable aws. Some also reported (in general) that they had a benefit running tables via the homeless method (google OculusHomeless). I cannot confirm this yet from my own experiences.

Kood-X
              Participant
                @kood-x

Thanks for this! It looks like a select few tables do NOT like RTSS running in the background for some reason. Closing the app helped a lot.

Kood-X
                Participant
                  @kood-x

I’m running a Ryzen 3700x at 4.5 and the game in VR is maxing 2 cores, so still capping the GPU. Other tables like Spiderman, the load is much less on CPU so is as room to breath. It is a bit it or miss for me it seems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?