VR ROOM Total Nuclear Annihilation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=156443

VR version of the incredible Total Nuclear Annihilation by gtxjoe.

What a beautiful table in VR! Lightning, super sound and awesome gfx… gtxjoe did an outstanding job with this table, the guy is a wizard :)!

The table comes with with the free song from the TNA soundtrack available here: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=19. For the full music experience, you will need to BUY the TNA Album and convert the songs from FLAC format to mp3 format. For more info see table script. Scott deserves our support, so go get that music pack!

I created a futuristic VR ROOM and custom TNA cab art. I hope you like it.

Credits go to:

– gtxjoe for his incredible table

– 3rdaxis for sharing his great VR work and the template for creating a VR Room

– Caligula for bringing us VPX VR via VPVR!

The DMD display on the table is not working in VR, not sure why but this gives some issues when you can enter a highscore. If anyone finds a way to display this please let me know and I will update the release. In addition expect an update when the PUP Pack is released by Peter Guertin in the near future!

Keep a close eye out for more releases, VR is going to be the future of visual pinball :).

5 users thanked author for this post.
      TinyBlackDog
      Participant
        @dbknightx

Thanks so much for building this VR Room.  I am having trouble getting the music to load, and get a “BASS music/sound library cannot load C:\Visual Pinball\Music\tna10.mp3” error at launch.  I’ve confirmed the file names and paths are correct, I’ve deleted all the ID3 data from the mp3 files, confirmed that my bass.dll is unlocked (it is the one that is in the 10.6 final installer).  I’ve also confirmed that my audio settings are set to Primary Audio device.  The music file plays fine in the Windows 10 media player.  I don’t have any DOF setup yet.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

CarnyPriest
        Participant
          @carnypriest

If you are using the latest SAMbuild beta then you will want to try the updated BASS library file included in the package.

TinyBlackDog
          Participant
            @dbknightx

Well, I figured it out.  Stupid hidden extensions on Windows, so my files were named tna#.mp3.mp3.  I absolutely HATE that feature, and must have forgotten to turn it off on this PC.  Oh well, several hours wasted messing around with dlls…

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

Glad you got it working :)!

Legolas24
              Participant
                @floy

Hi Sensseles to me the DMD works perfect in VR
                I just had to activate this

ultradmd

total

bb
                Participant
                  @delt31

can someone assist with the ultradmd part?  I bought the soundtrack but ultradmd error hits me.  Not sure I have that setup right.  Where do I get the ultra dmd assets from?

i dont see a TNA.ultradmd folder to grab like the other ultradmd games….

Also – as a former owner, I noticed the music isn’t set like the real one (where it’s song 01 all the time except when you get the reactor going and that changes each level.  Can you adjust the game so it works like that?

gtxjoe
                  Participant
                    @gtxjoe

In the script there is a UltraDMD option. 0 is off. 1 is UltraDMD enabled.  2 is UltraDMD for people that have non English locale issue.  There is no TNA UltraDMD folder needed since no images are used.

There is a Music setting in the script. One setting will always play Song 1 for Reactor 1. The other setting randomizes the songs including reactor 1

Does the non-VR version work for you?

bb
                    Participant
                      @delt31

Thanks.  So it seems I can turn off the UltraDMD in the script?  If so, what is the purpose of leaving it on and how would one get it to work?

The non VR does however there are posts in the outlanes preventing the ball from draining….very odd.

Great job on the table btw.  Real one plays similar no doubt.

senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

The elements used for entering the highscore are not supported in VR. To bypass the highscore entry do the following:

Search for CheckHighScore (Line 2029) and replace with EndOfBallComplete. Thanks gtxjoe for providing this simple bypass!

WindRaidor
                        Participant
                          @windraidor

Excellent job, few things I noticed that could be bugs to work out…

The first is that at the end of the game, the Daneesi locks lift so that the balls return down the chute.  Which is great, but they don’t reset back to the up position again at the start of a new game.

The second is that the behavior or the left and right orbits doesn’t match to what I’ve experienced in front of the real game.  The orbits gates should be free flowing and not stop the balls path into the reactor until after the reactor has been activated.  And then after that, the orbit first hit would in turn lock the gate on the other orbit side so that the ball then goes into the reactor upper play area.

gtxjoe
                          Participant
                            @gtxjoe

I just got VPVR setup tonight and I had to try this table :)

Looks amazing in VR.  The light show and the Danesi soundtrack with headphones is awesome!  Thanks to caligula for creating VPVR and thanks senseless and others who creating VRVP tables and assets!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

I have yet to try this in VR because I didn’t want to use the sleepy dLl to get the DMD working.  I may have to now LOL

jas722
                              Participant
                                @jas722

Hi Sensseles to me the DMD works perfect in VR

I just had to activate this

ultradmd

total

Just tried some VR tables today how do I get the PUP option you have listed? I only seem to have Capture DMD and Capture Backglass / PUI. When I select both The DMD appears to be a view from my headset.

Also any reason why the music isn’t playing I converted the FLAC files to mp3s and put them in the Music folder. I converted them with Audacity at 320kpbs maybe I’ll try a lower setting.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by jas722.
                                Attachments:
                              Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?