VR ROOM Twilight Zone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=159076

VR version of the incredible Twilight Zone.

The table is initially created by Ninuzzu, coindropper, nFozzy, JPSalas, Tom Tower, Hauntfreaks, Flupper and Zany and modded by Skitso. This table deserves to be played in VR. The detail is stunning and everything looks just amazing. The shadows, lighting, high quality textures…. It plays fantastic in VR.

Needed some light tweaking to ensure no lights were shining through the cabinet. This does not influence the initial lighting made :). This is also another widebody with full VR widebody dimensions. Did some cleanup of the backglass image and thanks to good old photoshop added the original DMD apron.

The dmd color is blue, I really feel it completes the table. If you are more into the traditional orange you can easily change the color of the DMD by selecting the flasher object (Primary_DMD flasher) and select your color preference :).

Credits go to:

– Skitso for his excellent mod (v1.5) and Ninuzzu, coindropper, nFozzy, JPSalas, Tom Tower, Hauntfreaks, Flupper and Zany for this incredible table
      – 3rdaxis for sharing his great VR work and for inspiring me to start VR conversions
      – Caligula for bringing us VPX VR via VPVR!
      – wildman for his backglass art

Keep a close eye out for more releases, VR is going to be the future of visual pinball :).

10 users thanked author for this post.
      Rawd
      Participant
        @rawd

Holy WOW!   This plays excellent in VR!  Thanks very much for the conversion.

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

I only we knew which elements cause bad performance…. I just don’t get it sometimes. BTTF is playing very nice but struggles sometimes a bit. This one is blasing fast!

Rawd
          Participant
            @rawd

I have some questions and a comment….

How did you move and shape the DMD like that, just by naming it Primary_DMD flasher?   Why does this only work on certain tables?  Why is it on the VP backdrop on some tables as a textbox and, on your table it is a flasher on the playfield?

I noticed some people commenting on being able to see the old side rails sticking up on your other releases.  That was also the case for me on this table.   I’ve discovered that the reason they come back in this table, even when you check them as non-visible, is because they have been coded to be visible in Desktop mode in the script.

Script lines 1918 and 1919, you can change to false.   If you just delete the rails, you will receive an error on these lines.

I think you said this wasn’t happening to you.  Does this mean you are not running your tables in Desktop mode?  I am curious.

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

I always use a flasher object (in this case called Primary_DMD flasher). I can shape it any way I want it. I also include the folowing code to active it:

‘**************************************************************************
              ‘Add this script for DMD if DMD doesn’t load in VR. Add line before LoadVPM
              ‘**************************************************************************

Dim DesktopMode:DesktopMode = Table1.ShowDT
              Dim UseVPMColoredDMD

UseVPMColoredDMD = DesktopMode

Dim VarHidden, UseVPMDMD
              UseVPMDMD=true
              VarHidden=1

Any old code references I disable and always delete text boxes if they exist on the backglass. If an additional score display pops up, this is the first thing I check if I did’nt delete it.

I also run all my tables with the option enable to Always Use FS backdrop settings under the generic video/graphics options . If you don’t use this setting it could be the reason why sometimes people see the old rails. I try to comment out the desktop specific code lines but sometimes forget as I don’t see the rails ;).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?