VR VPX Menu Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    b4sti
    Participant
      @b4sti

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-vpx-menu-loader/

This is a loader for VPinballX_GL.EXE. With my created menu.vpx it’s now possible to switch tables with plunger and flipper keys. Now you can stay at your cabinet playing and switching tables without the need of VR-controls.

https://vpinball.com/bb_project/vr-frontend/

Thanks: The spinners are build with wheel images of these nice people:
      eMBee, freezermeat, jarrod0987, robobet, Mean Machine, 32assassin, LoadedWeapon, onegentleman, Noslet, HauntFreaks & strangeleo72

UPDATE: New project added

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vpx-vr-launcher/

9 users thanked author for this post.
      Pattyg234
      Participant
        @pattyg

Hello thanks for this its going to make the vr playing so much better

I am having trouble trying to get it to work when press play it exits me out of vpx not to sure where i went wrong

b4sti
        Participant
          @b4sti
          This reply has been marked as private.
          b4sti
          Participant
            @b4sti

Hello thanks for this its going to make the vr playing so much better

I am having trouble trying to get it to work when press play it exits me out of vpx not to sure where i went wrong

Did you read the setup instructions?
            https://vpinball.com/bb_project/vr-frontend/

It’s the x86 version – not 64bit.

Pattyg234
            Participant
              @pattyg

I think i did everything right i put VPinballX_GL.EXE  in the vp folder  and the menu in the tables folder and the script in  the script folder not to sure what to do with (cpp_src.zip)

b4sti
              Participant
                @b4sti

I think i did everything right i put VPinballX_GL.EXE in the vp folder and the menu in the tables folder and the script in the script folder not to sure what to do with (cpp_src.zip)

all fixed since alpha 4

Pattyg234
                Participant
                  @pattyg

Thanks everything is working now this is awesome. is there a botton to exit out of the menu

b4sti
                  Participant
                    @b4sti

Thanks everything is working now this is awesome. is there a botton to exit out of the menu

I’ve fixed my newest version. I’ll upload it now.
                    If you are in menu, esc will exit menu without loading new table.

Please use only tablename.vpx without path in the array of MyTables with this and future versions.

Thanks for testing!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Pattyg234
                    Participant
                      @pattyg

Hello This last update everytime i try and open a table i get error loading c vp table diner .vpx but i dont have that game not to sure what that  is

b4sti
                      Participant
                        @b4sti

Hello This last update everytime i try and open a table i get error loading c vp table diner .vpx but i dont have that game not to sure what that is

uups, it was to late. that was my test config. is fixed in alpha 4.

Witnee
                        Participant
                          @witnee

Got it working. Now we need “spinners” for all the VR tables!

A couple of suggestions:

• Does the ball need to shoot down the table every time you switch “Spinners”?
                          • Can there be some kind of “Loading” screen? Hard to tell if loading is proceeding when you are standing in the “void”

Great start! :good:

Witnee
                          Participant
                            @witnee

I spoke too soon!

If you REPLACE any of the games and spinners in the script, it functions as you would expect.

If you ADD a game and spinner to the script it throws an error. Specifically: Line 49 Expected “)”

b4sti
                            Participant
                              @b4sti

I spoke too soon!

If you REPLACE any of the games and spinners in the script, it functions as you would expect.

If you ADD a game and spinner to the script it throws an error. Specifically: Line 49 Expected “)”

I think your Array MyTables or MyTables:preview  is not correct anymore,. Perhaps you miss a “,” at the end. Please check it.

This is just a demonstration for a menutable.
                              This has to be done by someone who can build tables.

Witnee
                              Participant
                                @witnee

You were right! I had a comma in the wrong place!

Unclewilly
                                Participant
                                  @unclewilly

This is cool.  Haven’t gotten my setup complete yet or gotten all the software set completely up yet.

Wondering if you could take a flasher object and have table playfield screenshots appear over the table as you shuffle through the wheel logos

Wondering if it

b4sti
                                  Participant
                                    @b4sti

This is cool. Haven’t gotten my setup complete yet or gotten all the software set completely up yet.

Wondering if you could take a flasher object and have table playfield screenshots appear over the table as you shuffle through the wheel logos

Wondering if it

I’ve done a menu.vpx with table screenshots in one of the VROOM placeholder primitive table. It dosen’t look nice. Pseudo 3D looks ugly in real 3D.
                                    The menu.vpx has to build by someone with table-creation skills. At the moment i don’t have them.

b4sti
                                    Participant
                                      @b4sti

New Menu.vpx released in alpha 5.

The array structure didn’t change, so you can paste your customizations in the new one.
                                      If you want to edit and test your own Menu.vpx in 2D (much easier), you can set

MenuFunctions = False

To make it work in my version of VPX_GL, you have to set this to True again.

When i planed this menu, i want only a menu without the table stuff. I want the spinning spinners without balls, but you can’t do this. So i used the example table to build it. Now i removed everything and hide the balls and sounds, so it looks like a real menu.

I hope you’ll enjoy it as I do.

bullbourg
                                      Participant
                                        @bullbourg

RYSr (Rich)
                                        Participant
                                          @rysr

@b4sti

Thanks, I Tried your new autoloader last night. I like the concept, but I have a CAB and I keep my VR tables in a subfolder below Visual Pinball/Tables/VRTables. Is there any way to have your new exe also check subfolders? OR give a popup option to select one?

Rich

b4sti
                                          Participant
                                            @b4sti

@b4sti

Thanks, I Tried your new autoloader last night. I like the concept, but I have a CAB and I keep my VR tables in a subfolder below Visual Pinball/Tables/VRTables. Is there any way to have your new exe also check subfolders? OR give a popup option to select one?

Rich

Hi Rich, i will make a an update with a possibility to change the table-path the next days.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?