VRROOM Attack from Mars Battle Edition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Unclewilly
    Participant
      @unclewilly

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=202715

A minimal vr room with jp salas’s afm v3 wip table.

walter and i developed it.  it is based on the roaches from cartoons.

Basically your normal AFM game with a mini game happening at the same time.  makes AFM a little more difficult.  ok so basic description.  a small saucer hovers out from the drain area and moves around the playfield randomly trying to distract and block your shots.  object just to hit the ship as many times as you can.  your score is displayed above the ship when it is hit and the high score is saved between plays.  high score is displayed  on the lockdown bar and updates as it is beaten.

since its a rom controled game changing from player to player is manual.  i know its vr so who plays a 2 player game,  but the functionality is there.  basically on a players ball just press the magnasave until the appropriate amount of saucers appear on the apron.  player 1 = 1 ship, player 2 = 2 ships,  etc

the other thing to take note of.  at the end of a game,  you must wait until the gi goes out and attract mode starts before starting the next game to insure the minigame scores are reset.

if you just want to play afm without the minigame you can set that at the top of the script.

just wanted to see if i could add a mini game to a rom table.

please note….. its beta.  i know it works, but due to the nature of vp,  im sure there will be bugs.

hope you like it.

Rajo Joey
      Participant
        @joey2001

A nice idea. I’m happy to see, how it works.

Unclewilly
        Participant
          @unclewilly

Hope you like it.  Was a fun project.  Itreally has made the table much more enjoyable for me as i always thought afm was one of the easier tables.

Rajo Joey
          Participant
            @joey2001

Yesterday I’ve played a few games. And it’s great to play and shoot those little saucers. What a nice idea. :good:

But in two games I’ve noticed, that the score for the hidden saucers reset in the game. I don’t know, which mode I played, when this happened. I see it too late. But will try it again the next days.

And another thing: When the little saucer comes up, sometimes it’s under the right flipper and you can’t do anything against it. So you have to wait, till the saucer fly away and free the right flipper and you can lost the ball.

Great game. :yahoo:

Unclewilly
            Participant
              @unclewilly

Thanks man.

The score reseting is done by the gameon solenoid.  So i guess one of the modes cuts that solenoid.  I can just make it manual like changing players.

I’ve never had the flipper issue.  Maybe if i change the direction of the kickout i can have it release between the flippers rather then running under and up theough the outlane

Appreciate the feedback.

I’ll work on some fixes.

Glad you enjoy it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?