Wanted: FS tips on getting your table to fit just right

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    IronMan8Bit
    Participant
      @ironman8bit

Currently I have a 43″ TCL 3840 x 2160 resolution TV as my playfield. Is there anything I’m missing to get my table to fit FS just right?

I will post a few pics of what my current tables look like and they always seem a little bit short on the Y axis.

The majority of my tables use: Inclination – 20, FoV – 22, Layback – 35 for the overhead view and then I will fit it on it’s X axis using the Z Offset.

This always leaves a tiny bit left over on the Y axis where I would have to scale it up to 1.10/1.20 to get it to at least start filling out the entire screen.

Some look great some start to look distorted is this just normal should I just move on? or am I missing something very important?

VPinballX_2019-08-01_21-47-02VPinballX_2019-08-01_21-49-33VPinballX_2019-08-01_21-50-08

Last one is stretching the Y Scale until it fits… doesn’t look great.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t think we’re ever going to find perfect values that everyone is pleased with. I see that I start off with quite different values from you and that also means I end up with something different in the end. The general way of tuning it though souds very similar to what I do. Inc 3-6 depending if it is EM og modern with ramps. 20 and 50 fov and layback and from then use more or less the procedure as you. I must admit though. Some tables are released where I don’t mind the way the author have set them, so, I ain’t anal about it. I just make sure that I never scale Y more than 1.2. Anything above it and things that should be round becomes too oval for my taste. I don’t mind having black, unused areas on both sides of the pf as long as the scale looks ok.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        gtxjoe
        Participant
          @gtxjoe

To me, the first two don’t look good because there is so much gap on the side that it bothers me

The last one looks better because it fills the screen

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Remember that any scale above 1 on x,y, or z is zooming in to your rendered image much like using digital zoom on a camera. So whatever scaling ratio you use, see if you can do it with numbers lower than 1 and then use z offset to correct for it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            IronMan8Bit
            Participant
              @ironman8bit

Thanks for all the answers was just making sure I wasn’t missing that one option that could fix things.

And luckily I read a post about how scale zooms and offset moves the camera so I at least changed how I was doing things initially cause I would just use everything to fit it, haha.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?