Watchmen (Original 2019)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    0Cool
    Participant
      @0cool

Great guys! This table has a unique feel to it. Thanks Wizball (and Scottywic). A very cool original!!!!!

Scottywic
      Participant
        @scottywic

ok @wizball i got the flasher code in and can be used easily throughout. I added it to the skillshot so you can see there.

All the code calls are at the very end of the script so you can see the quick easy call structure there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ahjq47bchgza2c/watchmen_v100-swgflash.vpx?dl=0

Scottywic
        Participant
          @scottywic

@wizball you still on this guy? Didn’t know if you have any thoughts or ideas around the callouts and flashers.

Wizball
          Participant
            @wizball

I’ve been busy this week, that’s all. I also want to wait just a little while to let feedback trickle in before making any more changes.

Wizball
            Participant
              @wizball

@scottywic Your contribution with the flashers is most welcome! This is definitely something that deserves to be added to the game, even if adding effects for the appropriate events in the game will take time for me.

Regarding the callouts, I think lighting and collecting sugar happens too often to have a callout, and should be left as a sound cue. I admit the bite sound I use currently is not the best! My background is not in media, so I had a hard time picking sound cues for things such as the sugar, activating the shot “X”, and a saucer kickout warning. I think it would be worth considering to have a unique callout for lighting each character (for example “Dr Manhattan is lit!”) since each character has a different shot to start them. I also think that there should be callouts for “black freighter increased” and “black freighter mystery”.

Mlager8
              Participant
                @mlager8

@wizball I’m really enjoying your game so far, haven’t advanced that much through modes, but the play is very fluid with the loops and ramps. Music selection is also top notch, not often you get Bob Dylan and Megadeth in the same soundtrack!

That being said, the top right of the playfield with the layers of transparency is a little confusing and hard to track the ball through. The second set of flippers get lost against the ramps. A little refinement of the lighting and some better transparent ramp textures I think would really elevate this table a ton.

Not trying to knock you, I just love the theme and would like to see visuals live up to the massive effort you’ve already put in!

Zedixair
                Participant
                  @zedixair

@Wizball: I really love this table, but I agree with @Mlager8 about “the top right of the playfield with the layers of transparency is a little confusing and hard to track the ball through. The second set of flippers get lost against the ramps. A little refinement of the lighting and some better transparent ramp textures….”

Final result could be also improved with a ball rolling sound, and adding sounds like @Scottywic has recorded.

This table really deserves to be polished, because it’s interesting to play with all these modes and multiball modes.

Very good job so far !  :good:

Wizball
                  Participant
                    @wizball

The upper playfield was a compromise between keeping the artwork and visibility of the lights, or being able to see the ball underneath. I was satisfied with it being opaque, because it was less obtrusive than Game of Thrones premium. In hindsight, Game of Thrones doing something worse was not an excuse to do something bad. It is easy to edit the upper playfield to either full transparency or full opacity, depending on your taste.

Select the “UpperPF” object in the VPX editor. For more transparency, set “top image” to “none” and “top material” to “opacity80”. For opacity, set “top material” to “plastic with an image”.

Zedixair
                    Participant
                      @zedixair

@Wizball: thank you, I will try different settings with your hints !  :good:

susoarkangel
                      Participant
                        @susoarkangel

where you could find the backblags or any compatible and that the marker appeared on the baclkglas.
                        I don’t know anything about this but for trying. I have two monitors and I really need blackglas

Badazzwi
                        Participant
                          @badazzwi

The backglass for this table requires pinup system installed and working on your system.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

susoarkangel
                          Participant
                            @susoarkangel

I have it installed in c: \ Visual Pinball \ PinUPSystem

I have some tables that fuct me with this but this does nothing to me.
                            Also when I execute the table I get a message
                            File C: \ Visual Pinball \ Tables \ watchmen_v100.vpx not found. Please rename or dowload the matching directb2s backglass files

Badazzwi
                            Participant
                              @badazzwi

First step is to get pinup system working. Maybe go back through the install guide and make sure everything is correct. Takes a little bit but it’s not too bad.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

TerryRed has some great videos you can watch as well that can help.

The error message you get can be cleared by loading a different table that has a b2s. Right click on the backglass and uncheck the box that says error message without b2s.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

susoarkangel
                              Participant
                                @susoarkangel

I existed pinball, but my blackgalss screen is 14 inches and the texts are cut off, I do not understand this the truth and I think it is a great job, but they would know how to tell me in which line of the SCRIPT I should change so that the size of the text is smaller.

Wizball
                                Participant
                                  @wizball

@susoarkangel The PuP backglass assumes that the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, and the layout does not work well with other aspect ratios. However, you can delete line 28 of the script, which says

Set oPuPlayer = CreateObject(“PinUpPlayer.PinDisplay”)

This will show a display on the playfield.

susoarkangel
                                  Participant
                                    @susoarkangel

If I delete this I don’t have backglass and I love how they did it and I need backglass, thanks but this does not change the size of texts

Wizball
                                    Participant
                                      @wizball

The fonts are defined in lines 9627 to 9632 of the script, which should read:

oPuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”Caption”,cCaptionFont, 9.3,vbBlack,0,0,1,0.83,6,1,1
                                      oPuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”Play1score”,cScoreFont, 12, vbBlack,0,2,1,36,18,1,1
                                      oPuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”Play2score”,cScoreFont, 12, vbBlack,0,2,1,36,30,1,1
                                      oPuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”Play3score”,cScoreFont, 12, vbBlack,0,2,1,36,42,1,1
                                      oPuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”Play4score”,cScoreFont, 12, vbBlack,0,2,1,36,54,1,1
                                      oPuPlayer.LabelNew pBackglass,”BallNumber”,cScoreFont, 12, vbBlack,0,0,1,1,95,1,1

The size is set in the fourth parameter, which is the one that is 9.3 for the first line and 12 for the other lines.

I do not recommend having the backglass on a display that does not have a 16:9 aspect ratio, as this will distort the comic panels.

DrEaD
                                      Participant
                                        @dread

Thanks for amazing work! Loved the game!
                                        How I get DOF work?

outhere
                                          @outhere
                                          MemberContributorvipModerator

Check the DOF config tool website and see if the table is there

Wizball
                                          Participant
                                            @wizball

DOF support will need to be modded in by someone else, as I do not have the hardware to properly build and test a DOF configuration.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?