This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  knightrider 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
     dexje 
    Participant

Hey,

since MBPC is down – i can hopefully address this here:

I´ve noticed that my 1.2 version of wcs seems to have a huge gameplay problem. The physical ball lock on the ramp only works once per vpx start.

The ball gets properly diverted by the magnet and is locked by the pin below it on the ramp.

At any other given time, same game or new credit, the ball gets diverted but not locked by the pin. The game does not register it aswell since the lock stays lit.

I have tried the usual stuff: tried it with both vpx 10.5 and latest beta 10.6, different versions of vpinmame (now running latest sambuild 3.2) and deleting nvram of the rom. I can reproduce it all the time.

I have read that this seems to be known – but nobody has pointed out a solution.

Can anyone help? :scratch:

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  dexje.
     Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

I have to verify what you’re saying. But, knowing that one of the absolute best authors is on to make this table I’m just taking it cool for now enjoying the hundreds of other tables.

knightrider 
    Participant

funny you said that..i’ve been playing this table alot the past 2 months and an hour ago that happened to me too and it’s the first time i noticed it..

i thought maybe it was the shaker motor rattling the ball and messing something up.  I am excited to see what the new version will be like. I think this one plays and sounds great already but there’s room for visual improvements.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  knightrider.
     Bladeof 
    Participant

Try this script change:

Change in version 1.2 (line script 865):

Sub SolLockRelease(enabled)
    If enabled then
    PernoLock.TransY= -29
    Playsound “DiverterLock”
    ‘lockrelease.isdropped = true
    vlLock.SolExit enabled
    LockReleaseTimer.Enabled = True
    End If
    End Sub

Sub LockReleaseTimer_Timer() ‘Give LockRelease more time to be down
    PernoLock.TransY= 0
    Playsound “DiverterLock”
    ‘LockRelease.IsDropped = False
    LockReleaseTimer.Enabled = False
    End Sub

With this:

Sub SolLockRelease(enabled)
    vlLock.SolExit enabled
    If enabled then
    PernoLock.TransY= -29
    Else
    PernoLock.TransY= 0
    end if
    Playsound “DiverterLock”
    End Sub

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Alessio ? :bye:

Thalamus 

Hmm. I guess that the fix has been out for a while. It is already in the github repo. You can fix it like @bladeof says. Alternative : https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts – press clone or download button. Take the zip – extract it somewhere. Take the script World_Cup_Soccer_1.2.vbs and put it in the same folder as the table. As long as the table is named exactly the same. That is all you have to do. And, you might get other fixes too this way. If you don’t want the script to be in the folder anymore, but, want the fix. Just load the table once, manually with the script in place. Press save. Now you can delete the script.

dexje 
    Participant

thanks for the help – problem fixed :)

@thalamus i did not know about your script repo. amazing work :good:

Thalamus 

@dexje : Thanks, but, it’s not my script repo – it’s ours :yes:

Find anything wrong, please contact me. A few others can add and fix to it too. Most importantly DjRobX and Arngrim I guess.

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

I’m not exactly sure what happened with this – I fixed that bug for Alessio ages ago, and he supposedly released that version.   Some people seem to have the update and others don’t.  Everyone I’ve given my version of the table to, has said it works, so I have no idea what happened.   And since MBPC is gone I can’t compare that table to mine.  It’s almost as if the file got replaced on MBPC with an older one at some point.   :unsure:

As far as I can tell the script on the repo is the correct one, so it ought to fix the problem.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  DJRobX.
     knightrider 
    Participant

yes it worked thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account