Weird Rail Problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

I sent out some copies of Boomerang to testers and they reported the same problem that I was seeing.  On occasion a ball would hit the top of one of the outlane wire guides and just sit there balanced on the end until you nudge the table.

Untitled

I took a look more closely at the wire ramp and although the ramp is rendered as being round on its end, in the editor it actually has a fairly wide flat end to it.  I assume that this is the reason for the ability of the wire to “capture” a ball on its end?

I added tiny invisible triangular walls to the ends of the wires and now using ball control I can’t get a ball to balance on the end.  Bord said he has seen this on another project table, has anyone else had this issue and is there a better solution?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

On a rubber it’s usually the hit height. Maybe make sure height is correct on object? Assuming you have a wall there?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

No wall, just letting the ramp do its thing. I eventually swapped them all out for walls on my project.

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

How did you do wire guides with walls?

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

I used physical invisible walls and just built new non-collidable meshes for the wire guides. I finally figured out how to build nice looking wire guides in Blender from scratch so that helps.

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

Like bord, I do mine with invisible walls for the physics, and make sure to put a round end on that top part so the ball won’t balance there, I have a little round wall that I put there just for that purpose if you zoom in on any of my recent tables.

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Or add some more points and extend the ramp below the playfield so the flat part is below.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?