Welcome to the new SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) forum.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

OK thanks

I should uninstall the gigabyte drivers?

flstclasic
      Participant
        @flstclasic

All my settings look like yours except on the vpx audio options mine are both on primary sound driver. As for uninstalling the gigabyte drivers(I’m no expert at all) I would say it’s worth a shot as long as they are easy to reinstall. I use a 7.1 usb sound card. When trying to get mine to work I read a post that someone else could not get it to work, uninstalled drivers and it worked. I followed this and mine started working. Also, on the Equalizer APO I had to turn the Pre Amplifying up to 20 db to hear the sound well. Pre Amplifying is on the top of Equalizer APO main page. If you are on the SFF Facebook page I would also search and ask their for help. This is about all I can help, as I said I just kept researching SSF Facebook page and trying everything I would read and eventually it worked and is quite awesome. Hope this will help and good luck! You will get it going.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I would really want to help you here. But, unfortunately our hardware is different. @djrobx is someone that helped a lot of different users. Maybe he sticks his head in here – knowing what the resolution might be. Crossing my fingers for you, because you will love the setup once it is working.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          outhere
            @outhere

I would really want to help you here. But, unfortunately our hardware is different. @djrobx is someone that helped a lot of different users. Maybe he sticks his head in here – knowing what the resolution might be. Crossing my fingers for you, because you will love the setup once it is working.

Thanks
            Yes I can tell even with it partially working right it is pretty cool

DJRobX
              @djrobx
              MemberModerator

Try drivers from Realtek site.  Use the specific device, not primary sound driver.  That is why the sounds are quiet.

outhere
                @outhere

Thanks @djrobx

That is one weird website, I did manage to find something

Are you referring to this? .. I’m thinking it’s not
                https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

DJRobX
                  @djrobx
                  MemberModerator

Yeah that looks like it.    On my previous motherboard I used generic Realtek drivers from there and they worked fine.

My current one is also Realtek, but the MSI drivers that came with the board seem to work so I haven’t tried others.

flstclasic
                  Participant
                    @flstclasic

@DJRobX So mine is set up wrong since my Vpx audio it set to primary sound driver? Dang, I guess I have more experimenting to do.

DJRobX
                      @djrobx
                      MemberModerator

@djrobx So mine is set up wrong since my Vpx audio it set to primary sound driver? Dang, I guess I have more experimenting to do.

If it works, it works.  But on my Realtek system doing that results in very very quiet ROM audio.

I think not a lot of people use 7.1 normally so there are a lot of driver specific bugs.  Different windows builds seem to have different behaviors too.

outhere
                        @outhere

The drivers from the Realtek site We’re no better
                        But I think I have to use the software from the gigabyte Because The motherboard provides five audio jacks on the back panel which support 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel audio.
                        The integrated HD (High Definition) audio provides jack retasking capability that allows the user to change the function for each jack through the audio driver.
                        If you install a Side Speaker, you need to retask other audio jack to be Side Speaker out.
                        I have been testing with this table —> AC-DC Pro Vault-1.0
                        If I use these settings all The sounds come out the backglass speakers Whether I test in gigabyte, nailbuster SSF test file or run the game…

With the settings Below all the sounds come out where they belong Whether I test in gigabyte or nailbuster SSF test file…
                        If i run this table –> AC-DC Pro Vault-1.0 all the sounds come out where they belong But
                        + All the sounds from the top half of the table also come out of the back glass left speaker ...
                        I have tried it with and without this installed –> Peace and Equilizer APO
                        Is there a better table I should be using?

Genesis38
                        Participant
                          @genesis38

Outhere, I am going to test that same table before I leave for work and see if I have the same issue. I think you’re chasing ghosts. Your setup is correct. Either the game sounds have to be moved around through sound manager. Again typical for Stern tables or at the very least try another game and see what it does. I don’t know if you have or not, but focusing on one game without testing others to narrow down the problem, can lead to insanity.

flstclasic
                          Participant
                            @flstclasic

Thanks DJRobX, after some tinkering I now have it set up with Vpx using my sound card and not Primary Sound. I had to turn down the volume on Equalizer APO as all my sounds are much louder now.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know. I never seem to have problems with rom related tables. It is only EM’ and Originals where I have to use the Sound Manager. And, well, that is always explainable by the fact that non ssf owners doesn’t hear the difference between table and backglass very well. I recommend using STNG surroundmod for testing. Believe it was done by Rusty a while ago and if the ball from the plunger sounds correct and the rom sound is coming from the backglass, it is very likely that the setup is correct. You should really clearly hear that plunge going from the flipper area all the way into the lock in the back.

outhere
                                @outhere

Is any one using the sound card for 7.1 Surround Sound Feedback?

HT OMEGA Fenix PCI-Express Sound Card
                                https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005R5NJCY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

flstclasic
                                Participant
                                  @flstclasic

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Adapter-External-Sound-Digital/dp/B002LM0U2S

I use this one.

outhere
                                    @outhere

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Adapter-External-Sound-Digital/dp/B002LM0U2S
                                    I use this one.

I have been using these 2 games to tested with, Everything works right except
                                    (Another words All the correct sounds come out each speaker plus I have this)
                                    I also have most of the sounds from the top half of the table coming out the back glass left speaker …
                                    Any chance you could tell me the results you get when you run these tables..

Star Trek – The Next Generation (Surround Sound MOD)
                                    https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-trek-the-next-generation-surround-sound-mod/
                                    AC-DC Pro Vault-1.0
                                    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5489-acdc/

flstclasic
                                    Participant
                                      @flstclasic

I will as soon as I get my cab back together. I am doing some renovations. Hope to have it together tomorrow night.

outhere
                                        @outhere

I ended up buying that 7.1 sound card, put that in – I had the same results…
                                        So then I used the motherboard for the main speakers and used the sound card For the other speakers and everything works perfect…

Thanks everybody for trying to help

flstclasic
                                        Participant
                                          @flstclasic

Awesome! Glad you have it all worked out. The SSF sure adds a lot to the experience.

byrneaar
                                          Participant
                                            @byrneaar

Hi All,

Just received my exciters.  I have the following amps for them and I am just wondering what size 24V power supply I should be utilizing to power the amps.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073ZDH2L2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_RP2WCbEPV6MJW

I am using a 12V 4-channel car amp for the backbox and sub.

Thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 136 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?