Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
    @topper-2k

That’s correct. The typical SSF configurations do not use the center channel.

Rockme
    Participant
    @rockme

Hi, I need help! I had SSF surround 7.1 working in VPX, but when I tried installing PEACE and EQapo it has stopped working right. Now the sound from my front speakers (backglass) can only be heard through the SUB speaker (with just bass no treble, of course). This happened after I tried to get a percentage of my satellite speakers sent to the SUB channel (to be able to share the SUB for my satellite speakers also). How can I reset this?? I have tried uninstalling PEACE and EQapo, but the problem persists.

topper-2k
    Participant
    @topper-2k

If you’ve uninstalled EQAPO I don’t see how either it or Peace could be the culprit. To be 100% sure you’ve fully removed them, I guess you could delete the EQAPO and Peace folders after uninstall.

When you reinstall, follow these steps to share your sub.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44470

Rockme
    Participant
    @rockme

Thanks for the reply!

UPDATE: I have now followed the instructions exactly to share the SUB, but no luck. It´s still the same problem – the backglass sounds/music are sent 100% to the SUB.  I also hear nothing from my satellite speakers (table sounds) in the SUB. So I guess there´s no sharing going on..

Do you have any other suggestions I could try, please? Is there something I should do in PEACE after entering the commands, except SAVE?

( The strange thing is that my 7.1 surround works fine in Windows 10 when I run the test of all the speakers. But when I load a table in VPX it doesn´t work right.)

topper-2k
    Participant
    @topper-2k

Have you selected 7.1 surround in your VPX settings?

Rockme
    Participant
    @rockme

Yes, I have. Everything was working fine until I installed EQapo+PEACE… I have

now tried to uninstall them, and also clean the registry from all entries connected to them,

but still the same problem. I also tried to uninstall/reinstall windows audio driver, with no luck.

Also did a system restore to a few days ago, but no luck.

UPDATE: The problem seems to be within vpinmame, cause when I run just the rom in test mode, the same

problem occurs – no sound in my main left/right speakers, all the sound goes to my sub bass.

It´s really strange!! Any more suggestions, please?

UPDATE: Problem solved!

I reinstalled EQapo and then it worked again!! But I didn´t install PEACE this time, I think that is what

screwed things up.

garnel
    Participant
    @garnel

I’ve had SSF working with VPX using a StarTeck 7.1 usb audio card in 5.1 mode – and it works great. There are 4 impactors, plus two bass shakers driven by two Lvpin 2.1 amps. However, I’ve not been able to make it work in 7.1 mode. When I set it to work in 7.1 mode, click on a speaker to test it – an error message says another device is using the application. Set it back to 5.1 mode and it works immediately. If I disable Realtek HD Audio speaker output, 5.1 still works but 7.1 no longer displays the “other device” error – but still no sound out of any speaker when in 7.1 mode. Can anyone help? I deleted the Realtek drivers and reloaded them – it shows up in stereo 2 speaker mode and can’t be changed – same thing after reloading.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW