Welcome to the new SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) forum.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
      @topper-2k

That’s correct. The typical SSF configurations do not use the center channel.

Rockme
      Participant
        @rockme

Hi, I need help! I had SSF surround 7.1 working in VPX, but when I tried installing PEACE and EQapo it has stopped working right. Now the sound from my front speakers (backglass) can only be heard through the SUB speaker (with just bass no treble, of course). This happened after I tried to get a percentage of my satellite speakers sent to the SUB channel (to be able to share the SUB for my satellite speakers also). How can I reset this?? I have tried uninstalling PEACE and EQapo, but the problem persists.

topper-2k
        Participant
          @topper-2k

If you’ve uninstalled EQAPO I don’t see how either it or Peace could be the culprit. To be 100% sure you’ve fully removed them, I guess you could delete the EQAPO and Peace folders after uninstall.

When you reinstall, follow these steps to share your sub.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44470

Rockme
          Participant
            @rockme

Thanks for the reply!

UPDATE: I have now followed the instructions exactly to share the SUB, but no luck. It´s still the same problem – the backglass sounds/music are sent 100% to the SUB.  I also hear nothing from my satellite speakers (table sounds) in the SUB. So I guess there´s no sharing going on..

Do you have any other suggestions I could try, please? Is there something I should do in PEACE after entering the commands, except SAVE?

( The strange thing is that my 7.1 surround works fine in Windows 10 when I run the test of all the speakers. But when I load a table in VPX it doesn´t work right.)

topper-2k
            Participant
              @topper-2k

Have you selected 7.1 surround in your VPX settings?

Rockme
              Participant
                @rockme

Yes, I have. Everything was working fine until I installed EQapo+PEACE… I have

now tried to uninstall them, and also clean the registry from all entries connected to them,

but still the same problem. I also tried to uninstall/reinstall windows audio driver, with no luck.

Also did a system restore to a few days ago, but no luck.

UPDATE: The problem seems to be within vpinmame, cause when I run just the rom in test mode, the same

problem occurs – no sound in my main left/right speakers, all the sound goes to my sub bass.

It´s really strange!! Any more suggestions, please?

UPDATE: Problem solved!

I reinstalled EQapo and then it worked again!! But I didn´t install PEACE this time, I think that is what

screwed things up.

garnel
                Participant
                  @garnel

I’ve had SSF working with VPX using a StarTeck 7.1 usb audio card in 5.1 mode – and it works great. There are 4 impactors, plus two bass shakers driven by two Lvpin 2.1 amps. However, I’ve not been able to make it work in 7.1 mode. When I set it to work in 7.1 mode, click on a speaker to test it – an error message says another device is using the application. Set it back to 5.1 mode and it works immediately. If I disable Realtek HD Audio speaker output, 5.1 still works but 7.1 no longer displays the “other device” error – but still no sound out of any speaker when in 7.1 mode. Can anyone help? I deleted the Realtek drivers and reloaded them – it shows up in stereo 2 speaker mode and can’t be changed – same thing after reloading.

miltoney
                  Participant
                    @miltoney

I am totally confused, could someone tell me which speakers plug into where on my sound card? I am trying to use the Rob method, so I have three lines to plug in, but my sound card has four inputs:

Center/Subwoofer out

Rear Speaker out

Line in/Side speaker out

Line out/Front Speaker out

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator
                      miltoney
                      Participant
                        @miltoney

So to make sure I understand correctly, I use the rear, side, and front jacks, and nothing will be plugged into the center/subwoofer jack?

Edit: Nevermind, I discovered the cause of my confusion, one of my amps is junk.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by miltoney.
                        topper-2k
                        Participant
                          @topper-2k

So to make sure I understand correctly, I use the rear, side, and front jacks, and nothing will be plugged into the center/subwoofer jack?

Edit: Nevermind, I discovered the cause of my confusion, one of my amps is junk.

Can’t say about your amp, but you are correct. Front goes to backbox, side goes to rear of the cab (far from you), rear goes to the front of the cab (close to you).

nestorgian
                          Participant
                            @nestorgian

Hello I am about to enlarge my Cabinet from 24 to 32 inches

I plan to useDAEX58FP Flat Pack 58mm Exciter 25W 8 Ohm
                            I need to know what material and thickness is best to build the box for better ssf behavior of the exciters
                            Please share your experience
                            -Phenolic tertiary
                            – fibrofacil MDF
                            – Melamine
                            – other?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Plywood. Heavier, more sturdy, survives a pinball party :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              LynnInDenver
                              Participant
                                @lynnindenver

3/4 inch plywood is the best choice… it’s what the real machine cabinets are made out of, and will survive most regular abuses.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

topper-2k
                                Participant
                                  @topper-2k

Hey all! I could use some advice/help modifying the usual PeaceUI commands for sub sharing. I’ve currently got a pretty typical setup with a 2.1 amp for backglass. There’s a sub on that amp which is shared with table sounds using the typical recommended commands.

Now I’m adding a bass shaker, primarily to use SSF Impactor to simulate a shaker motor. I’m wondering whether I should change the commands?

The new setup will look like this (a diagram is attached):

Backglass: 2.1 w/ subwoofer
                                  Side: 2.1 w/ bass shaker
                                  Rear: stereo

It seems like the usual PeaceUI commands wouldn’t be ideal anymore. As I understand it, the commands copy the <= 150Hz frequencies of the table sounds into the backglass so they can be routed to the .1 channel and come out the sub.

Here are the commands I’m talking about.

Stage: pre-mix
                                  Copy: SUB=0.25*RL+0.25*RR+0.25*SL+0.25*SR
                                  Channel: SUB
                                  Filter 0: ON LP Fc 150 Hz

Stage: post-mix
                                  Copy: L=0.50*L+SUB
                                  Copy: R=0.50*R+SUB

In my new setup, it seems like what I’d want to do is copy the low fq from the rear channels and mix them into the side channels. Does that seem right?

If so, would the following PeaceUI commands achieve that?

Stage: pre-mix
                                  Copy: SUB=0.5*RL+0.5*RR
                                  Channel: SUB
                                  Filter 0: ON LP Fc 150 Hz

Stage: post-mix
                                  Copy: SL=0.50*SL+SUB
                                  Copy: SR=0.50*SR+SUB

Attachments:
                                  Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

I would not know. To me it has always sounded wrong to use sound as shaker motor replacement. I think it is mostly because when I crank the volume of the machine very high I can see the ball start to move. That is very bad for accuracy.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?