What are we missing for a Batman forever table

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

DJRobx is right, it’s very difficult to precisely place objects in 3D space in a 2d editor, like for example, all the heights of plastics (with thickness) and their relation to heights of posts below them and screws/nuts above them.  It’s quite common for objects to be slightly floating or even colliding with one another, usually not in a major way but when viewed in 3D these things become pretty obvious.

What I used to do when building tables in VP was start with the playfield, make a 3D object that matches the PF exactly, import it to VP, then I could copy paste that object and re-import what ever new objects from 3dsmax and they would automatically be placed for me.  While this made positioning easy since 3dsmax handled it, it was still quite tedious to import everything.

Most modern platforms like Unity,UE4….sketchfab etc…all have .fbx file format support.  FBX is a real time saving file format since it’s capable of holding such a variety of info.  So with one quick import you could have the table that you built in 3D completely built for you in Unity etc and the only thing you’d have to tweak is the material settings.  FBX can save ‘lights’ so it may even be possible to set up all the lighting in your 3D software and import that as well but I’m less confident about that working.

3dcreation

newtopinball78
      Participant
        @newtopinball78

In the meantime there are a couple conversions that were released on vpforums recently

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Yes they are a start, unfortunately missing a lot of items but I have not played bigus’ version.  Glad to see the hall is rolling though

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?