what FP to VPX tables should there be

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

OK I’ve given it an evening of work and think, for the most part, it’s easy to convert the script to VP. The hard part is the UltraDMD stuff. If it’s all text based scoring, the conversion is easy. You could probably write a macro to speed it up, and possibly even convert image based displays pretty easily. I wouldn’t enjoy it though.

There’s still a lot of hurdles to overcome, FP has built in “record keeping” of sorts, your scores are saved natively. A lot of other commands are handled in a way I Don’t understand so I had to dim them in VP and guessed their original value or state.

I have about 80% of the Space Cadet code ported to VP, may need input from an FP guru on what do do with the other 20%, and last is maybe talking to someone familiar with UltraDMD who can help with an easier routine, specifically for this table. The original FP table has like 4 score displays. I think I can set each value to a corner of the UltraDMD window but all I can do is send text to it.

So I started about 2pm today and spent maybe..6 or 7 hours on it, here’s where it’s at now.

Punch it!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Unreal wow the hell! Looks good and amazing to convert the script. Great job I think you should do a video on that!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Sometimes, it just takes only one person to start..and others may follow.

Good stuff.

I’m a big believer in video tutorials…they are good for answering questions, and keeps you from typing alot.

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

True but I’m not a good teacher. I have more questions than answers right now lol

Punch it!

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

your a good teacher.

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

You’re*

Punch it!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

You’re*

YOU ARE A GOOD TEACHER

I really do not like you!

for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
                    @icpjuggla
                    MembervipModerator

lol guys

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

yeah man…. it looks unreal beautiful…. this is a screenshot , not that you would play from this angle… here a good example, Asteroid Annie I did in FP a couple years ago  

I don’t think VPX is too far from that, really.  Hopefully, though, some of those nicer features from FP eventually show up in VP and we have the best of both worlds.

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

like i tell my wife….

there is one your <—your

there is one there <— there

Unclewilly
                        Participant
                          @unclewilly

I’d like to do dead hunters or 3 angels or maybe one of steves tables with the holograms.

I converted one of popottes em tables,  maybe it was kings and queens.  I can’t remember off the top of my head.  But the conversion was fairly easy.  I’m not very familiar with ultra dmd,  but if i recall i don’t think dead hunters or 3 angels have a dmd.  I may be wrong it’s been a while since i played them.

Shit,  i spent almost a year just coding bad cats from scratch with no rom in fo,  I’d be willing to do one of the larger scripted tables.

People may just have to wait a bit for me to convert all the code and bug test it

Space cadet looks great fren

ICPjuggla
                            @icpjuggla
                            MembervipModerator

It’s good to see your back Scott. :-)

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

I think it depends on the FP author of its easy to convert or not… Space Cadet was very very easy and it was the first attempt. Mad Scientist I’ve spent a lot of time helping randr with and it’s much more difficult but still not too bad. I think Space Cadet was the perfect learning table though. I am confident 3 angels could be scripted and functioning in less than a weekend by UW. You’ll spend much more time making it pretty in vpx than scripting. Ultra dmd is also easy to adapt from the native FP scoring functions so it’s perfect for this stuff.

Punch it!

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Man, alot has happened since this post…

While I know, I won’t convince those who have a hate for FP physics that they should embrace FP…..   …to those who simply wanted full cabinet toy, lighting and feedback support for some of their favorite tables…. it’s now starting to happen. We have 20+ tables so far on this site alone!

I’m personally proud of what myself, and others have pulled off in a short amount of time.  I will dare say…that you have never seen any other tables on VP that have this kind of cabinet lighting (not including addressable leds) and feedback, not to mention the excellent videos, and audio. Machine gun fire, explosions, multiple animated effects…. I even scared the shit out of poor randr while he played Avatar.  ;)

These are DOFLinx mods to FP tables that I have done, and these videos show off features of these tables that most people have never seen. A shame…

It really is worth watching them as I think these tables look (and play) amazing in a cabinet kitted with the latest in lighting and feedback. You can skip the first few mins of each video if you don’t want to hear me explaining stuff…

Tron Legacy (STERN) (Ultimate) (all new table)

Tron Legacy (Ultimate)  (SLAMT1LT, original)  , VERY cool video!

Iron Man (Ultimate)

Jaws (Ultimate)

Superman (Ultimate)

RoboCop (Ultimate)

Aliens Legacy (Ultimate)  this seems to be a big favorite for alot of people

Star Trek (STERN) (Ultimate)

I would love to hear any feedback of what you see… not of the physics, blah, blah…. but of what you see in the videos.  This is new territory for FP and any opinions would be welcome!

Also…to the original poster….   Dr Tom is working away at adding DOFLinx cabinet support to Dead Hunters…  and he really hopes to get 3 Angels done as well….so keep an eye out for that!

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Physics in fp are a issue for sure! But….

dof in future pinball does take the sting off a bit and really is very cool. One thing that is a issue currently is shaker intensity is way to strong hope that can be addressed 100% shaker is to much!

Terry you really are doing a great job physics aside still amazing creations!

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Physics in fp are a issue for sure! But…. dof in future pinball does take the sting off a bit and really is very cool. One thing that is a issue currently is shaker intensity is way to strong hope that can be addressed 100% shaker is to much! Terry you really are doing a great job physics aside still amazing creations!

I’ll have to pass that on to DDH69…he’s been a bit busy and out of site lately…so hopefully something can be added in to allow ON / Off and control of intensity options similar to DOF Config Tool.

I hope HauntFreaks, would at least want to try 3 Angels if Dr Tom ever gets it done. I know that SLAMT1LT loves what we have been doing with his tables, and it makes him want to get a cabinet now. To bad he doesn’t have room for one, considering he works for Heighway Pinball!

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

3 angels would be played im sure with dof! even without dof I have a friend that plays it all the time.

Where is haunt!? Getting worried about that guy!

for IOS and Android

Dr.Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @crile1
                                        MemberContributor

Like Terry said, in my opinion, the original intent of this thread is a moot point.  FP is so much better now and I will go a little further than Randr in saying that DOFLINX mods completely change the experience and put FP right up there with VPX.  Now, I will always preface this by saying that they are two different experiences.  Trying to make them feel the same will do nothing but frustrate you.  Enjoy and embrace each for what it is…my two cents.  And Dead Hunters is done, having uploading issues that hopefully are now resolved.  3 Angels is next.  Learned a lot from Dead hunters that I am going to apply there.  Oh, and if shaker motor intensity is an issue, then be prepared for some serious stuff when you power up Dead Hunters.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Dr. Tom I agree fp has such great original tables would be a shame not to play them! And yes dof is a great step to enhance the playability same as pbfx2 with dof it makes them great as well.

3 angels will be played! Anyone that don’t know that original should give it a look.

for IOS and Android

Daryl
                                          Participant
                                            @allknowing2012

I have been playing around with FP->VP .. script is done .. DMD is the bugger..Materials are also an issue. The ramp messes up the bumper covers. Need to get the flashers “clear”.  Converting scripts isnt too hard when there is an equivalent VP function available.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?