What inspired your online profile name?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Coindropper
    Participant
      @coindropper

Just wanted to have a little fun and get to know a bit more about why all of you are “you”.

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>I chose coindropper, well, because it explains my childhood to a T. I’m a child of the 80’s and one of the things my old man did with me and my brother was arcades. It was my goal (besides a career of course) when I graduated from college, to have my own arcade in my garage. It really took me back to the good ol’ days and before my new bride (at the time) basically made me sell it all off and build a mame cab, I would always look back and just try to think of how much coin I dropped into machines as a kid. I can only imagine how much of my pops’ money I spent back then. Hence the name… dropped a shit ton of quarters in my day. My brother and I would also walk to the local 7-eleven when we were around 5-6 years old and blow a quick $20 on Rastan. The good ol’ days… funny, my son is 5 and I barely let him go in the front yard! Play along if you’d like, booze is talking, but had me thinking. </span>

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

I have used mine for years… it came from a Woody Allen movie I was watching while I was trying to think up a screen name for a game (Quake maybe?).  If anyone can guess the movie you get a gold mega-star.

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

First used BorgDog around ’96 or ’97 as a yahoo login name. Was a mashup of Dogbert of Dilbert comics and the Borg of star trek fame. It was shortly after First Contact came out, and I was working tech support for a good sized company and each of us tech’s adopted a Dilbert character. Our supervisor was of course the pointy haired boss, and as I had a reputation for getting away with stuff and often heard ”you dog ” I adopted Dogbert. We had a Phil (ruler of heck), an Alice (the only woman in our group), we even had a short balding guy that was Wally. I even had a crude little graphic of an assimilated Dogbert with Borg grafts.

@drybonz
          Was that blazing saddles?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Mine is related to cars…

R&RAcronym for Remove and Replace. Refers to a part removed from the customer’s damaged vehicle that cannot be acceptably repaired. It is replaced with a new part.

which happens to also be the name The company I work for also named for same reason.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

@drybonz Was that blazing saddles?

Nope… Woody Allen movie.  Blazing Saddles is a classic though.   :)

Coindropper
              Participant
                @coindropper

Randr, not trying to pry, but what do you do for a living? When I first got out of college, I was an adjuster for usaa insurance (auto obviously). We used R&I but it was remove and install. Mainly for labor cost (R&I a bumper, headlight, etc for repairs or replace). Figured you were a car guy from mopar on your vp table vids…

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

HauntFreaks
                  in 1999 my wife and i went to Disney world and Universal for the first time together
                  Universal does a halloween event called “Halloween Horror Nights” we had a great time, she had brought a camera
                  she took tons of photos (non-digital) when we got home she scanned them , shes very articulate, love to read and write… so she decided to do a little trip report on our vaca, and posted it online,.. maybe myspace??… i dont remember… so after it was posted people started contacting us about how it was such a great story ,…. blah blah blah
                  then something odd happened we were contacted by a semi-local  haunted attraction, that invited us out to see their place, compt us to get in and in return right a review on how we liked it, no matter if we did or didnt… its was a great place (not the budget of universal, but good) she writes her review… and within day contacted but another local place… she had just gone to night school for HTML so we decided to buy the domain “HauntFreaks.com” (defunt now I lost the server space last year after having a heart attack) anyway… that’s it, we did it for about 4-5 years (16+ places in the month of Oct, thats a place every other day, and never was paid a cent, we paid for the gas hotels, air fair..we just got compt into the events) were invited all over the US to review haunted attractions (most people thought it was a real business, even people asking to come work for us…lol) but it was two idiots working out of a bedroom… I’ve used and keep the name since….

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Bumping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

I grew up 4 hours from Jasper National Park in Canada, and spent many summers/winters as i could afford in my youth. Basically hiking/skiing/biking.  You meet so many people from around the world and start exchanging emails addresses to keep in touch.  So I needed a Hotmail account and Jasperpark was already taken, and for some drunkin reason my buddies and I already called Jasper, Jesper.  So Jesperpark was not a taken Hotmail account, i use that name for most every forum i join so i can actual remember my username for a change.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

@drybonz Was that blazing saddles?

Nope… Woody Allen movie. Blazing Saddles is a classic though. :)

doh, how did I get a Mel Brooks pop into my head thinking its a woody allen.  :wacko:

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

because Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are 2 of the best movies ever made….

I also seen Young Frankenstein on broadway, and that was awesome as well</span>

RustyCardores
                            @rustycardores
                            MemberModerator

I’ve had mine for 30+ years.  It was given to me by a mate when I was doing up one of my cars and replacing rusted door panels.

I was always Rusty (my name is Russell) so he called me “Rusty Car Doors” at the time.  I turned that into Rusty Cardores to make it look more like a real name, but keep the play on words on going.

Blashyrk
                            Participant
                              @blashyrk

Mine is taken from a Immortal song named Blashyrkh mighty ravendark.

At the time I was playing Shadowbane (mmorpg) and one of the playable races was Nephilim (demon like)

So I wanted a name that sounded demon’ish, I was listening to Immortal (battles in the north) when creating the character and boom Blashyrkh mighty ravendark started playing, then I knew that I had to name him Blashyrk

ninuzzu
                              Participant
                                @ninuzzu
                                vipMember

I’m not so original, my nick is my name in sicilian :D

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I’m not so original, my nick is my name in sicilian :D

Funny if I translate it to English its the same! I don’t get it  :scratch:

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

********************************************************

ninuzzu
                                  Participant
                                    @ninuzzu
                                    vipMember

You can’t translate from sicilian, it’s not italian. The translation should be “little Nino”.

Tom Tower
                                    Spectator
                                      @tomtower
                                      vip

Tom like “Wonderboy” boy Tom Tom

Tower because my friends call me “di torre” as nickname

robertms
                                      Participant
                                        @mophead

were invited all over the US to review haunted attractions (most people thought it was a real business, even people asking to come work for us…lol) but it was two idiots working out of a bedroom…

TommasoDiTorre would have a nice ring to it too…

robertms
                                        Participant
                                          @mophead

I’m bald BTW, so obviously mophead was fitting…

freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

Punch it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?