What is wrong with me?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Excited about the spinner bonanza on Hokus Pokus!

Loserman76
      Participant
        @loserman76
        vipMemberContributor

So I think at this point the Gottlieb EM era from 67-78 is pretty much covered. There are a few EMs from the latter years that would be cool to see – Dragon, Charlie’s Angels, Eye of the Tiger – but we have the SS variants so it’s not that important. Having done all these tables, I totally understand how Gottlieb was the “king” during this time of EMs. Too bad they didn’t get on the SS bandwagon until it was too late.

I currently have Williams Touchdown and Kickoff in my build queue. After these 2, who knows? GNance has a few lined up for me so we will see what the future holds.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Hope the future holds a lot more of your contributions!  Looking forward to ciphering through ALL of these Gottlieb tables of yours.  No way to express gratitude properly for the work that you’ve put in to bring all these pieces of history to all of us.  ….I’m going way out of character here, and will use an emoji.   Thanks for all this work L-Man  :yahoo:

Loserman76
          Participant
            @loserman76
            vipMemberContributor

still got 4 tables in progress (the Dipsy Doodle family and Little Joe).

But I’ve also got a question related to the directB2S stuff – is there a complete reference document somewhere with all the commands available (you know controller.B2Sxxxxxxx ? Here’s why I ask – I am working on a backglass for another project and it has a rotating pointer but the table is an EM so there is no ROM to control the movement so I have to control the movement via script. Is there a way to manually step the image so that I can keep it in sync properly with what the table code thinks it should be at?

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

@rothbauerw’s Jive Time is the only place where I think I’ve seen that done on an EM.

Loserman76
              Participant
                @loserman76
                vipMemberContributor

Yeah, Jive Time uses multiple images to handle the “movement” – I was hoping to avoid having to use 360 images to align with the table code.

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

What about a PUP for EMs? A video overlaying on the backglass somehow

Loserman76
                  Participant
                    @loserman76
                    vipMemberContributor

Nope – not doing PUPs. sorry. Needs to be something I can move and track so the script knows where the pointer is.

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

I think I used 90 images for Jive Time and it was a nightmare. Couldn’t find a better way to do it. I also built this table as an fss. What took me a couple of hours in vp using prims took me days in b2s. I ended up having to manually edit the b2s file in a text editor to get it to work.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

I played with it trying to get a rotating half moon credit wheel for Abra I believe.  couldn’t ever figure it out either, fortunately it was only 10 images to fake that one, although it is faked poorly :-(    maybe @herweh knows how this can be done…

Loserman76
                        Participant
                          @loserman76
                          vipMemberContributor

I’m thinking it could be faked like magnets were done back in the day, but the mech stuff is all foreign to me.

zimbakin
                          Participant
                            @zimbakin

Hey man, your tables are great. Thank you!

Never take advice from me,
                            you'll end up drunk.

Loserman76
                            Participant
                              @loserman76
                              vipMemberContributor

Ok, so I’ve been quiet for a bit now. Never fear, I’m still off the wagon – lol. I’ve got at least 10 tables currently in various stages (most are nearly done). Quite a few are conversions from VP9x.

-LM

———————————————

Hi, I’m Loserman76 and I’m nuts

4 users thanked author for this post.
                              Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

Jeff. That is awesome news. Care to give more clues to what is up coming ? :rose:

JR
                                Participant
                                  @jfr1

Are there still Gottlieb’s you haven’t done?

Loserman76
                                  Participant
                                    @loserman76
                                    vipMemberContributor

Let’s see –

5 of them are conversions of some unique VP9x tables done by akiles50000

2 are Williams’ (pool themed from the 60’s and a 2 player “lower playfield pop bumper table” from the 70’s)

a couple Gottlieb’s wedgeheads from the early 60’s

one that only existed for a cheesy movie

oh and one EM that was also released as a SS machine from Bally. Just need to find a really good backglass image for that one. Waiting on a possible source to respond.

hmmm… guess that is 11 actually…

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Awesome – looking forward to them – and you still managed to keep the titles secret ;) B-)

Loserman76
                                      Participant
                                        @loserman76
                                        vipMemberContributor

Let’s see –

5 of them are conversions of some unique VP9x tables done by akiles50000

2 are Williams’ (pool themed from the 60’s and a 2 player “lower playfield pop bumper table” from the 70’s)

a couple Gottlieb’s wedgeheads from the early 60’s

one that only existed for a cheesy movie

oh and one EM that was also released as a SS machine from Bally. Just need to find a really good backglass image for that one. Waiting on a possible source to respond.

hmmm… guess that is 11 actually…

ok, so now that I’ve dropped 7 tables that leaves me with 4 in my current build queue.

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

At the cab finally, installing all these new releases.  Had to pause and hop on here to again thank you L-man for the work you do.  Just got done dialing in Caddie.  Dang.  Very cool.  How do you find these lost treasures??  So glad you are out there doing this work and sharing.  I thought I knew a bit about pinball before getting into vp.  Ha.  I knew nothing.  Your work has been an unexpected gold mine of fascination and learning.  Thanks so much. …and Thalamus has a dmd Caddie vid for my front-end??  And Malinas a sweet wheel??  Wow.       off to load up Wheel.

Loserman76
                                          Participant
                                            @loserman76
                                            vipMemberContributor

Really the credit for these unique tables (Barbarella, Caddie, Concorde, Tam-Tam, Wheel) goes to Akiles50000 – he did the original VP9 tables.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                            JR
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?