What is wrong with me?

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

One table that comes up a lot in discussions of my WIPs is Dixieland. If someone is up for doing a redraw of the playfield and the plastics, I think your best source images can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dixieland-bally-1968-a-restoration-journey

Wouldn’t that be awesome! @scottacus and I have been talking all things Ted Zale behind the scenes while working on Wiggler. Dixieland is definitely one of the greats. Wish I had the temperament for redraws. Done a few lately (Post Time, Wiggler, Gottlieb Whirl Wind) and realized how much I’m not cut out for it. Happy to set up a template based on other Zales from that era if someone wants a fairly accurate guide for a redraw.

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Holy cow.  What a cool looking restoration thread.  Glad you shared that LM!!

Loserman76
        Participant
          @loserman76
          vipMemberContributor

Thanks @bord for the new posts. They look great. Now I’ve got some more updating to do – lol.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Tom
          Loserman76
          Participant
            @loserman76
            vipMemberContributor

Queen of Hearts, Joker, San Francisco

Would also love to do Dixieland (I get lots of requests for that one), but there are absolutely no decent resources for this. So I will put this out there – you get good images of the playfield (camera perpendicular to the playfield) and scans of the plastics, and I’ll 100% do this one.

Tom
            32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

out of curiosity  but what happened to Nip-it

HF mentions that you where working on it

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32003&hl=nipit

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

Queen of Hearts, Joker, San Francisco

Would also love to do Dixieland (I get lots of requests for that one), but there are absolutely no decent resources for this. So I will put this out there – you get good images of the playfield (camera perpendicular to the playfield) and scans of the plastics, and I’ll 100% do this one.

Somewhere on my hard drive, I got images… with the glass on lol.  I swear if this covid stuff ever finishes and we get back to having some pinball get togethers and I find this pin in the wild, I will bribe to owner into giving me 5 min with the glass off the pin!

Loserman76
                Participant
                  @loserman76
                  vipMemberContributor

Nip-It will be released soon enough.

Tom
                  Loserman76
                  Participant
                    @loserman76
                    vipMemberContributor

ok, so I’ve got Joker, San Francisco, Queen of Hearts, Teacher’s Pet, Sweet Hearts and Amigo all in the “built” stage.

Still working on a couple of things with the way QOH works, and for Amigo I really need a better upper left plastic (the long narrow one) – the one I have works, but it is less than ideal

Joker I still need to confirm one item with the scoring and it should be otherwise ready to go

San Francisco is a fun game that is very challenging when you factor in the gobble hole

Amigo wasn’t on my radar until I stumbled upon a usable playfield image that is way better than the VP9 table’s. It’s a fun game and tough as well.

Still looking through PBecker’s tables to decide which to do next. I’m probably not going to do any of his Gottlieb’s because it just plain sucks that I have to buy schematics everytime I want to build one of those. Wish Gottlieb would be more like Williams and Bally and allow most of their schematics to be freely available. (on that note, I may be having a fire sale on schematics soon since I do have quite an extensive set of them).

4 users thanked author for this post.
                    JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Joker is a Zale?!  With pseudo pointy people?   Should I stay up late tonight for this one??  Ha, looks like another of his death-lanes on the left.  Looking forward to this and all the others Lman!

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

Wow, man. Joker! I’m with @jfr1. That is a really exciting one. Can’t have enough Zales.

San Francisco has a lot of similarities to Moulin Rouge, which is a personal favorite Williams from the mid-60s.

Great stuff coming up!

Loserman76
                        Participant
                          @loserman76
                          vipMemberContributor

Joker is actually the Gottlieb woodrail from 1950. Sorry for the confusion, forgot there is another Joker out there that also would be pretty cool to build if the resources became available…

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Woodrails!!

LTA
                            Participant
                              @luvthatapex

Not to muddy up your thread but I think I’ll take a stab at DIXIELAND. I will start a new thread in the WIP.

Loserman76
                              Participant
                                @loserman76
                                vipMemberContributor

With that, I’ve now cleared out my build queue for the moment.

Still deciding which of PBecker’s non-Gottlieb tables to do next. Might drop the rest of my catalog updates before I start anything new. Who knows, I’ll probably do both.

I do know that this probably won’t be the last time I go and actually buy plastics so I can have nice images for a table. BTW, anyone looking for Hang Glider plastics? lol

I’ve got a full set from Marco’s that I only removed the front protective plastic on (so I could scan them).

-LM

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                Tom, JR
                              Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?