Where do ports and toys go into generates config?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    scampa123
    Participant
      @scampa123

I’m new to DOF and recently used the DOF Config Tool to generate the configs for addressable LEDs, which worked out well.

i started to look into the files which were generated in the downloaded config bundle and it’s not clear to me where my ports and combined toys were defined in the generated configs.

I assume it goes into the ini file since the table mappings are just full name to short name for tables.  There is a png file for sprite images.  A file for setting up shapes and their sizes…  again I couldn’t seem to find the port info.

is there a good description of this anywhere? The videos and posts I’ve seen mainly focus on getting things configured and not much explanation on the content of the generated files.

thank you!!

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

@scampa123
        The files from the web site go in the Config Folder  — DirectOutput\Config
        On the DOF config Tool Web site you put in that type of hardware you have
        The ports are define on the DOF config Tool Web site

scampa123
        Participant
          @scampa123

Thx @outthere I knew where the files went.

im asking more about where the info I put in the website goes into the files it generates.  I’m trying to understand the relationship between what is put inside the website tool and the generated files.

for instance, when I watch Major Frenchy’s vids on adding toys he always adds thrm as port 1 for the examples…I did this for the addressable LEDS.  But what if I add a shaker motor?  Do I add that at port 10?  Or clear out the led ports and set the shaker to port 1?  Then when I generate the configs again they will overwrite the configs for the addressable LEDs….

so you see I’m trying to put it all together as to what the website generates based on the info I provide….

thanks again!!

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

What type of hardware are you using

scampa123
            Participant
              @scampa123

I’m currently using a Teensy controller with addressable LEDs.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?