Where to Start?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    OutofBoston
    Participant
      @outofboston

I am trying to design a tangible table with my son, and ended up here because we need to test out his play field.
      A few questions:
      (1) Do we need a PC or Mac and how powerful?
      (2) Is there a simulator we can use to build it online and, if so, where is it?
      (3) Do I have to download a simulator or is it on the cloud (the cloud negates the need for buying a computer, right?)

(4) Are there any fora/threads for absolute beginners like me that you can recommend?

If you respond, please note that I have never coded a thing in my life…
      Thanks!

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

You create tables in the vpx software itself.  Unfortunately creating these tables are not for a beginner/novice unless you do the research to figure out how to do it.  It’s not impossible, I was not computer friendly when I started but it does take a good amount of research.  I would suggest taking a simple table and play around with things like moving pegs/rubbers/posts/walls and adding other items to figure out how it works.  Once you get the idea you can take a clean slate and add things to it.  If you go into vpx and on the top left menu, you can create a new table or play with an example table.
        the second part is coding and that definitely takes some learning.  Unfortunately not many people are going to jump into coding someone’s table for them, not because we are rude here, it’s just ALOT of work.
        this all may seem complicated but the reason it is complicated is because of the end product, most of these tables are amazing recreations of actual tables

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?