Whirl-Wind (Gottlieb 1958)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    VALIS
    Participant
      @valis

This is simply amazing, a work of art. Thank you so much Bord et. al!!

kds70
      Participant
        @kds70

This is simply amazing, a work of art. Thank you so much Bord et. al!!

You took my words. It´s all i can say : thank you bord and it´s simply amazing. Thanks to my scottacus too … :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Mr_H
        Participant
          @jhopwood

Oh Bord, thanks my man(and team)! Incredible, absolutely incredible. You just keep pushing. Its a real stunner. The lighting and materials look gorgeous.

Once I finish work I’m popping a soda(or a beer), putting on some rockabilly and I’m going to have a flip!

joeplainfield
          Participant
            @joeplainfield

I love the old machines. I can almost feel the ghosts of the past that played this machine when it was new.  The lighting is amazing and for at least an evening, I’ve travelled back in time to a few years before I was born. All running on a computer and cabinet I  built last year. Gotta love VPX. Thanks Bord and Scottacus for this one.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

I almost thought this was a VPE demo…. then I realized it was a Bord table… so that explains how gorgeous it is.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

I spotted some candy cigarettes for sale not long ago and figured those had to be VERY old stock.  Re-labeled as candy sticks?  That’s creative.  And in a cross-over topic involving cigarettes and explosions, anyone remember ‘loads’?    ..holy crap, they’re still available!

This roto-spinner is absolute magic.  Whole table is.  Thanks guys.

ItchyRobot
                Participant
                  @itchyrobot

Very unique table. I love these weird, non-traditional layouts. Thanks for making and sharing it, all involved. It looks great too!

I’m definitely going to add some of those cigarette holders on my table for my left handed cigs when/if I ever make one (desktop now).

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

After some extended game play, I took a break and looked up at the back glass.  It has a wood frame and nails.  And tambourines.  Very interesting to look back @1958.  Like @joeplainfield said –  “for at least an evening, I’ve traveled back in time”.  That’s perfect.

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

After some extended game play, I took a break and looked up at the back glass. It has a wood frame and nails. And tambourines. Very interesting to look back @1958. Like @joeplainfield said – “for at least an evening, I’ve traveled back in time”. That’s perfect.

I agree. Working on it felt like a bigger step back than EM games just a few years later. Woodrails definitely have their own thing going on.

Gobble holes, man. Someone needs to bring those back.

PhotoRay
                      Participant
                        @photoray

Beautiful, thank you!

senseless
                        Participant
                          @senseless

What a great recreation of this EM. Never played one in real life but I can see this one was ahead of it’s time. The level of detail is just amazing and I love every inch of this release.

Thanks to everyone involved! Gotta love these EM’s!

Adolfo
                          Participant
                            @scorpion

Hello Scottacus, thanks for fix, now we have another little fix to do…

if I win more replays in one time the counter give me only one in backglass…this happen if I take big point in the hole or in the cannon…do not happen if I take one replay normally with points on the table… :good:

apophis
                            Participant
                              @massie

Thanks so much. A real work of art and super fun!

Adolfo
                              Participant
                                @scorpion

I am very happy to give amusement and joy to all passionate pinballers…if I can I will give you other old beautiful pinballs with the help of monsters of building it….

Have fun!  This was my first pinball played in my long career….

Goodbye

Scorpion aka Adolfo :bye:

jogrady7
                                Participant
                                  @jogrady7

This table is beautiful and so much fun to play.  I feel like I’m 12 in an arcade in 1958 when a new machine just arrived, can’t wait to tell dad!

Slydog43
                                  Participant
                                    @slydog43

OMG, this looks incredible.  I’m sure this is the best looking Whirl-Wind in the world, thanks

HiRez00
                                    Participant
                                      @hirez00

Love these old EMs.

Looks and plays great – thank you for doing this.

Whirl-Wind (Gottlieb 1958) Wheel 1Whirl-Wind (Gottlieb 1958) Wheel 2

Here are some new, clean, re-drawn wheels. One with a drop shadow and one without.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                      Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

This was a lot of fun to work on.  I did some research into how rototargets work and basically there is a solenoid that fires and free spins the targets.  Brief time later the mechanism locks the rototarget in place.  What this means is that the target free spins a random number of spots forward and then rotates back to an index position.  If you watch this roto spin (Hint hit the “s” key to spin as much as you like) the roto will spin a random amount past a number and then move back to the index of that number.

In addition to this since Bord built a full rototarget primitive, we were able to make the roto target bend backwards and then forwards with a ball hit.  All these are subtle visuals but they make the rototarget look real.

If anyone needs a rototarget please feel free to steal this one and use it in your table.  @Bord let’s do another wood rail if you find a good candidate.

vogliadicane
                                        Participant
                                          @vogliadicane

I already see myself trying to grab at the wrong Cig :wacko:

IMG_20201106_184339[1]

Now seriously, this is again such a gorgous release. But actually I didn’t expect anything else.
                                          Thanks so much @Bord, @Scottacus, @Scorpion and @islander

Just out of curiosity, because nudging is seemingly an important strategy to overcome the wicked drain lanes – and it works pretty realistic in here.
                                          Was Tilt already implemented in the real table?
                                          (In this one it is not as I experienced by going almost beyond, what my cab can stand)

hotpepper
                                          Participant
                                            @hotpepper

This is a beautiful table and it I love how it plays. Thanks for another awesome job! And the cigarette on the table looks cool (even though it is bad for you) lol.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?