This topic contains 145 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Vicinus 5 days, 21 hours ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 146 total)
  • Author
     markrock76 
    Participant

I’m very much enjoying this table but I feel like the spinning disks affect the ball a little too much.  How do I lessen this in the script?  I’ve poked around and tried a few things but it didn’t seem to change anything.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I’m very much enjoying this table but I feel like the spinning disks affect the ball a little too much. How do I lessen this in the script? I’ve poked around and tried a few things but it didn’t seem to change anything.

Try adjusting the following lines of code in the script.

ttMiddleSpinner.Speed = 50

ttLeftSpinner.Speed = -50

ttRightSpinner.Speed = -50

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

markrock76 
    Participant

Thank You.  Somehow missed these values.

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

if you are familar with B2SDesigner, update Digits to 16 at both Lines, there are 15 only, until walamab will update it.
    maybe with an animated “Fan” ;)

xantari 
    Participant

How do you get the sound to play? I hear flippers and what not, but in the youtube videos of this table there should be some other table audio / music playing.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

How do you get the sound to play? I hear flippers and what not, but in the youtube videos of this table there should be some other table audio / music playing.

Try this:

Start the table then press F1 to bring up Pinmame menu.  Check to see the “Use Sound” box is checked, Second box on the left side.

If that’s good make sure your sound sources in visual pinball is set to primary driver.

Then if that’s good try to play music outside of visual pinball to make sure your getting sounds, if no music then it’s a sound driver issue.  I have 2 playback devices on one of my cpu’s that like to fight to be the default source.  Select the right source/device and those sounds and music will come back.

xantari 
    Participant

Thanks, F1 seems to have fixed it. The strange thing was the “Use sound” was already checked.

What settings do you use for this table? Mine sounds very crackly on this ROM.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

The “looks like rain” voice is terrible.  The rest does not seem to bad.

Maybe your rom volume is set too high?  Never used to be able to go over 25 or 26 without getting crackling.  The 25 rule may of been fixed I can’t rememeber

TNT2 
    Participant

Love this table. Going back to what Mark brought up I haven’t played the table in real life but are the default settings for the spinning discs too high?

Dark 
    Participant
    vipMemberContributor

Love this table. Going back to what Mark brought up I haven’t played the table in real life but are the default settings for the spinning discs too high?

Yeah for sure, it shouldn’t launch the ball around so much.

3dcreation

TNT2 
    Participant

Good to know. Thanks.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

See my post above.  Find those lines in the script and reduce those numbers until you find something to your liking.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

TNT2 
    Participant

Thanks. Whatever folks recommend as the table is in real life is good enough for me. :-)

TNT2 
    Participant

Hahaha. Looks like the spinner posts were before another update to the table. I looked and I already had those values without having previously changed them.

freelunch 
    Participant

Thanks. Whatever folks recommend as the table is in real life is good enough for me. :-)

I know this feeling. I certainly wouldn’t want to make up the final number in a physics guesstimation lol. But table designers must do this. I’m afraid I’ve never played a real Whirlwind, but maybe you can figure it out with trial and error, and by watching some videos online.

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

Yeah the 50 is definitely too much.   It feels like the discs are made of rubber or something.  On a real one they visually spin very fast, but they don’t impact the ball movement so much.

Couple other very minor things I noticed – the table slope seems a little too gentle.  6.2-6.5 feels closer to what I’ve seen on real machines

The exit to the left ramp into the left inlane has a slight angle to it.  This sometimes causes the ball to bounce out of the inlane and to the outlane.  Adjusting it so the ramp edge is flat seems to take care of it.

The ball sometimes flies off the skyway ramp.

There seems to be a bit of a rough entry from the plastic ramp at the very top of the table to the wire ramp.

Overall this is a really great table!    Very nice work.

TNT2 
    Participant

What happened to walamab? He was doing good work.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

this is his profile says real life stuff be back in December…

Screen-Shot-2017-08-14-at-9.18.01-PM

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Attachments:
     HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

I dont get these guys that just disappear… LOL… I crack myself up…

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

that’s part a parcel of black box design, you could have table in front of you you are still guessing.. it’s part of the way things are made.

I have been playing this table also..

Whirlwind-Williams-1990-v1.4-Clipboard-1

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account