This topic contains 54 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Flupper 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • Author
     Flupper 
    Participant

Williams White Water / IPD No. 2768 / January, 1993 / 4 Players
    made for VPX by Flupper
    Thanks to JPSalas and PacDude's earlier versions
    Many thanks also to:
    Rock primitives & base textures, bigfoot, transparent targets by Dark
    Playfield texture and plastic images by Clark Kent
    Texture redraws by Lobotomy
    Physics tuning by wrd1972 and Clark Kent
    Reference images of darkened table by Darquayle
    Many mechanical sounds by Knorr
    Sound tuning by DjRobX

Notes (from experience during development): 
    1. If Bigfoot head gets out of sync or VPM crashes, delete NVRAM

2. Table defaults at day/night slider at 4 from left, personally I like 2 from left

3. Check the flasher sync script option, to sync the flashers to your refreshrate

Like 45+

Some users who have liked this topic:

Total of 42 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
     CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Now that there is a shiny VPX version to play, please help out development of a alternate rule set by testing this rom set modified by Aeneas from flippers.be using FreeWPC:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39771&p=401201

One of the versions is already supported in the latest VPM or SAMbuild betas (ww_bfr01 – White Water (FreeWPC/Bigfoot R0.1)). It is currently available for download at VPUniverse. You can always update the rom to the very latest compiled version in the thread and check Ignore ROM CRC Errors in the VPM game settings.

Thanks, all.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Sorry guys I was not around to see this upload! But is approved now. And wow what a table thanks flupper!

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Ben Logan2 
    Participant

Hot damn!

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Congrats Flupper, another masterpiece!  Also thanks to everyone that helped along the way.  Flupper has given so much to this community, glad to see so many giving back to him on this great table!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

Like 10+

senseless 
    Participant

What a beauty :)! Thanks Flupper for this release, the long wait really paid off and I’m super excited to be able to play this!

For the ones interested I included my pov.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     TNT2 
    Participant

Pleasure overload….pleasure overload….

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Now that there is a shiny VPX version to play, please help out development of a alternate rule set by testing this rom set modified by Aeneas from flippers.be using FreeWPC: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39771&p=401201 One of the versions is already supported in the latest VPM or SAMbuild betas (ww_bfr01 – White Water (FreeWPC/Bigfoot R0.1)). It is currently available for download at VPUniverse. You can always update the rom to the very latest compiled version in the thread and check Ignore ROM CRC Errors in the VPM game settings. Thanks, all.

I believe at least I did this correctly. But, I could not get any of the provided roms to run. Takes coins, dmd and playfield is dark. Anyone else ?

Andypc 
    Participant

I love Whitewater and own a real one. Flupper and Co have done an amazing job, but…………… OMG those sidewalls are aweful. The sidewalls are black on a real cab with much less wood grain or reflection. It kind of jumps out, when the rest of the table looks so good and realistic. The sidewall reflection option in the script is only for ramps and rails. Physics are pretty good, but the Boulders Gardens pop bumpers are off as the ball bounces around way to fast. 

TNT2 
    Participant

Plays great!

Also thanks for including the DesktopVPXDMD option for us desktop Force Fullscreen users.

Drybonz 
    Participant

Awesome… thanks, Flupper.  Everybody’s been waiting for this one with anticipation.     :good:

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Sorry if I didn’t say anything yet I was too busy playing it! Great job flupper, as for me I have no issues at all with the table, it runs great. love all the sidewall reflections you added to the table.. nice.. very nice. really like the shadow rock trick for the flashers. a big kudos goes out to you!

N3roflint 
    Participant

Very nice job Flupper. I’ve been playing for an hour now and I’m blown away by how realistic this is. It’s incredible. :good:

"In the U.S., you have to be a deviant or die of boredom." William S. Burroughs

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Now that there is a shiny VPX version to play, please help out development of a alternate rule set by testing this rom set modified by Aeneas from flippers.be using FreeWPC: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39771&p=401201 One of the versions is already supported in the latest VPM or SAMbuild betas (ww_bfr01 – White Water (FreeWPC/Bigfoot R0.1)). It is currently available for download at VPUniverse. You can always update the rom to the very latest compiled version in the thread and check Ignore ROM CRC Errors in the VPM game settings. Thanks, all.

I believe at least I did this correctly. But, I could not get any of the provided roms to run. Takes coins, dmd and playfield is dark. Anyone else ?

Could be issues with VPM. Please post your reports on the thread at VPF.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

I played quite a few games already, I am loving it.  The ramps look so real, in fact all the graphics look top notch.  Just an amazing table, with obviously so much work and detail put into building it.   :good: :heart:

Bladeof 
    Participant

Great table Flupper. Well worth the wait. Your work is very much appreciated. Thanks :good:

takut 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Wow, what a great table, looks perfect, like all your tables. Especially the ramps are awesome :good:  

Thanks for sharing.

the_greeze 
    Participant

Thank you so much! Incredible!  :yahoo:

emuoyaji 
    Participant

It’s a very nice table.
    How can I fix it?

Attachments:
     Flupper 
    Participant

I love Whitewater and own a real one. Flupper and Co have done an amazing job, but…………… OMG those sidewalls are aweful. The sidewalls are black on a real cab with much less wood grain or reflection. It kind of jumps out, when the rest of the table looks so good and realistic. The sidewall reflection option in the script is only for ramps and rails. Physics are pretty good, but the Boulders Gardens pop bumpers are off as the ball bounces around way to fast.

Thanks for your honest feedback about the sidewalls, I guess. Two questions then:

• do you have a reference image for me how the sidewalls should look like? Either in a bright room and/or darkened room?
    • what physics value are better for the pop bumpers?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account