White Water

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Ben Logan2
    Participant
      @benlogan2

@carnypriest

I’m excited to get WH20 up and running (maybe even this weekend). Love that there’s a whole new way to experience Flupper’s masterpiece! Is there an installation guide somewhere?

EDIT: Just saw your previous post (2nd post in thread) with link

CarnyPriest
      Participant
        @carnypriest

@carnypriest

I’m excited to get WH20 up and running (maybe even this weekend). Love that there’s a whole new way to experience Flupper’s masterpiece! Is there an installation guide somewhere?

EDIT: Just saw your previous post (2nd post in thread) with link

This project is still in production and has not been released! You can read about it though and see why it is so highly anticipated.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Micronaut
        Participant
          @micronaut

very good table, it plays very fun
          very appreciated this great job,thanks Flupper and all your support team. :good:

eMBee
          Participant
            @embee

Excellent, thank you so much for this beauty!
            If anyone can send me a nice quality picture (better than ipdb and the web provide at this moment) of the
            logo or side cabinet i can make e new wheel.

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

Even my fifteen year old son who refuses to listen to anything but vinyl records and cassette tapes (I respect him for this!) stopped and watched me play Flupper’s table for half an hour tonight. He was entranced by the realism. We have pins at home in the garage. That’s all he plays. But this VP version got his attention!

Lighthouse
                Participant
                  @lighthouse

A really excellent recreation, the ramps are amazing and the physics and everything else.

You have my admiration, of course.  ThAnKs !! :yahoo:

Scooby
                  Participant
                    @scooby

I absolutely love this table. Thank you Flupper!

I have a question regarding DOF for the bumpers. Currently, they are firing the two closest solenoids on the right side of my cab. Specifically the solenoids usually used for right slingshot and right flipper.

If I wanted to make a personal change in the DOF config for this table so that the bumpers fire my three solenoids at the top/back of the cab, what would I change in the DOF table config?

Update:

Arngrim was kind enough to guide me to the manual at IPDB.

http://www.ipdb.org/files/2768/Williams_1993_White_Water_English_Manual.pdf

page 2-41 the bumper solenoids are S12 to S14.

I simply removed the S14 call under Right Slingshot in the DOF config for this table.  Calls for S12,S13, S14 were already set for bumpers in the config.

Thanks Arngrim and thanks Flupper for an amazing table!

Nate
                    Participant
                      @nkachelmeyer

This table is amazing. Very well done. Looks real!

Question on the ball. It looks really dark. I tried to lighten up the table lighting and uploaded a brighter ball image, but it does not really help. Is there a way to brighten the ball only or is it just dark because the way the table is lit? I love the lighting, just wish the ball was brighter.

Again, great job and can’t wait to see what comes next.  :good:

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
                      force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

You can replace the ball image probably the easiest way look in image editor

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

vogliadicane
                        Participant
                          @vogliadicane

here is my collection of ball images, most are from others, some (the fancy colored ones) are from me. I would credit, but I actually only remember JP, who presented his balls in a very open minded way (and I really tried hard to avoid cheap puns B-) ).

They are only from forum posts, so I think it is ok to share them here. And for me there’s always an image, which fits perfectly, so might be good to share…

Attachments:
                          Nate
                          Participant
                            @nkachelmeyer

Thanks for the suggestion Randr and vogliadicane, but I already know about changing the ball image. With Whitewater it seems no matter what image I use the ball stays darker. I think it is because the table lighting is darker/warmer, so the ball does not get illuminated like it does on other tables.

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

Thanks for the suggestion Randr and vogliadicane, but I already know about changing the ball image. With Whitewater it seems no matter what image I use the ball stays darker. I think it is because the table lighting is darker/warmer, so the ball does not get illuminated like it does on other tables.

you hit it right on the head… and the lighting is intentionally this way…. BUT because we all use hobby-ware, we can make it look anyway you like…
                              go into the editor, find the lighting and manually adjust to your lighting (I dont mean just the slider)… this will be a trial and error process, but its really the only way to get the personalized lighting you’re looking for….

Nate
                              Participant
                                @nkachelmeyer

Thanks HauntFreaks. I guess I have to pick one or the other then. I really like the table lighting on Whitewater, so I will keep as is. I just wasn’t sure if there was a way to brighten the ball on its own without affecting the rest of the table lighting. Thanks again for confirming. By no means does it ruin such a great table.  :good:

Flupper
                                Participant
                                  @philippe

All true, but also: the ball is lit up by all the insert lights, that is best visible with a darker ball.

And as Haunt said: try tweaking it. I started table building by not being happy with a table and trying to improve. If you want a real visible ball, here is a way to start learning how vpx works: try to implement the glowball code from Diner into white water.

Or alternatively for a lighter table/ball:

change the color grading lookuptable to lut0_0 (backdrop settings)

change the 0,03 reflection of playfield to 0,2 in ball settings

change the environment emission scale from 0,4 to 1 for an overall brighter table

or tweak these values and/or choose another lut

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Bluetooth
                                  Participant
                                    @bluetooth

Thanks for the update  :good:

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

Really perfect, thanks too ! :good:

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Have to wait some weeks still to try this out, but, having hard time understanding how Whitewater 1.0 could be improved. Well, time will tell I guess. Thank you so much for the update though CK and Flupper. Since you guys thought it was needed, I’m sure I’ll be happy with the update – so, thank you very much guys !

giovanni1966
                                        Participant
                                          @giovanni1966

If you think that perfect things can not get better, you have never played White Water. I love the warm colors of the bulbs. The physics is wonderful.  :yahoo:

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Yes hard to believe this could get better but just shows you that nothing is ever really “finished” thanks for the update :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                            for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?