White Water

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Mark70
    Participant
      @mark70

Thanks a lot for the update! You really found something to update?

Sliderpoint
      Participant
        @sliderpoint
        MemberContributor

Appreciate the effort on the update but after playing them both, I’ll stick with 1.0.  Better lighting and physics.

-Mike

Draifet
        Participant
          @draifet

Probably on purpose but now the apron warm illumination is missing, and the playfield looks brighter with a lower value on the day/night setting.

At least on my opinion the other visual changes are clearly a nice addition.

About the physics, I loved the wild difficulty of 1.0 and exported them to some other tables. Now probably is more easy to send the ball to the desired place, I need to play it more to tell wich one is my fav.

Thanks for the update.

KiwiBri
          Participant
            @kiwibri

Thanks for the update.. My personal notes: I found 1.0 more like the real table..   1.1 seemed a bit more bouncy??

Flupper
            Participant
              @philippe

I guess you win some, you lose some:

on the physics I will quote Clarke:” Main goal was to receive very gentle ball movements on the flippers, more precise aiming and shots. Even tip passes are possible”

I did reduce the brightness on the apron because of the new brighter ball and scratches images. If you just like these then it is easy to export them from 1.1 and use them in 1.0. On 1.0 someone had issues with a too dark ball.

On the overall brightness: the environment lighting setting is twice as high, to enable overall higher brightness with the day night slider. Again an issue someone had. Easy enough to fix: if you used day night slider on let’s say 4, now use half that, so 2.

I replaced the grained sidewall with a more subtle one, again since someone with a real WW argued that the grained sidewalls looked off. These new subtle walls show off more of the flashers to my opinion as well. I also fixed the left top flasher images not showing when using the grained/new subtle sidewalls.

anyway: I appreciate you liking 1.0 and I appreciate you liking 1.1… ?

3 users thanked author for this post.
              tnjhead
              Participant
                @tnjhead

awesome job! bitchen table! keep them coming please!

Bladeof
                Participant
                  @bladeof

Thanks for the update Flupper. I like both 1.0 and 1.1 versions, can’t go wrong with either one, Excellent as usual. :good:

Blindpeser
                  Participant
                    @blindpeser

Great table, thank you very much!

Galahad
                    Participant
                      @galahad

Thanks for this great table, plays wonderful. ;)
                      Did some tweaking for personal use as I’m a desktop player with my own DMD overlay.

WhiteWater

Greetz.

ph349397
                      Participant
                        @ph349397

I’m having a problem with the sound, as in no music or sound coming from the ROM.  I had that problem with TOTAN as well but I figured out that I had to open the coin door and use the 8 or 9 key to pump up the volume.  That didn’t work with this White Water table.  I’m using the ww_lh6 rom.  Anyone have any advice?

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Advice – first and foremost – rename/delete nvram and see if that helps. Then vpm registry for the table. Of course, all this after validating that all the files for the game is actually found by VPM.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          ph349397
                          Participant
                            @ph349397

OK I tried these things:

1. I deleted the NVRAM and the VPM registry key for White Water but didn’t work:
                              1. NVRAM: “C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\nvram\ww_lh6.nv”
                              2. VPM reg key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\ww_lh6
                            2. Next I followed THIS advice (there’s a link at the bottom of that, suggests that installing something called EQAPO) but wasn’t able to get EQAPO to have an effect
                            3.  Next I uninstalled EQAPO and all audio drivers, assuming that the default Windows driver might play nicer with whatever it is in VPM/VPX/whatever that plays the music.  That didn’t work.
                            4. Finally I thought I’d go back to checkout out the rom.  I deleted the only ROM file I had which was at:”C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\roms\ww_lh6\ww_lh6.rom”

And I restarted the table in order to get VPM to display that missing rom message and I noticed that I don’t have all the files it lists:

whitewater_01
                              whitewater_02

So now I’m thinking I need those extra sound files, but Googling their filenames isn’t getting me any good results.

Cadelle32
                            Participant
                              @cadelle21

Go to VPF and download the rom “ww_lh6” that should have all the files

ph349397
                              Participant
                                @ph349397

Wow!  I went to VPF and got the rom from there and it did indeed have all the files.

Previuosly I think I had downloaded it from vpuniverse and maybe even a second copy from somewhere else but…. those didn’t have the sound files.

Thanks!

Last thing, I’m using this view (see pic) and I’d like to get the DMD moved over to the left.  So far I’ve been unsuccessful in finding out how to do that.  Is there a setting in VPX for that?

I’ll continue Googling/searching forums but I thought I’d ask in case it was a quick answer.  Thanks!

whitewater_03

Cadelle32
                                Participant
                                  @cadelle21

I don’t use DT, and that is a more general question, I would recommend a new thread, as someone who knows about DT and DMD positioning might click on it.  But someone who doesn’t play Whitewater would never see your question

ph349397
                                  Participant
                                    @ph349397

No probem.  I’m REALLY liking this table.  I’ve owned White Water for Pinball Arcade and I have the latest Pinball FX3 version of it and I must say this VPX one is really, really good.  I like the “feel” of it, it’s hard to put my finger on.  Good work!

makmak
                                    Participant
                                      @makmak

Any idea why my flippers dont work on this table and only on this (besides v1.0)? What a shame, it looks so fantastic…

TNT2
                                      Participant
                                        @tnt2

That is weird. I noticed Flupper used some new coding in the script. What are lines 104-120 set to?

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

Just loaded 1.1 and flippers are working.

makmak
                                          Participant
                                            @makmak

Super strange, started again this morning and everything worked absolutely fine-what a table! Too bad I had no time to play. Maybe my cab needed a break yesterday? Corona overload?;-) thx 4 ur help!

(btw I did not change anything in the script, always all as default)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?