Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons (Stern 2015)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Daryl
    Participant
      @allknowing2012

Line 233:  if keycode = 2 then

Could try a different one there..

if KeyCode = AddCreditKey then

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

a couple things to change here.

• comment out (put a ‘ in front) or delete line 225 if keycode = 30 then TestHs, looks like a test script that could mess someone up
        • change line 233 to  if keycode = StartGameKey then  instead of the hardcoded 2 (which is key 1)
        • change line 212 to  if keycode = AddCreditKey then ‘ Add coin to make the coin up generic instead of hard coded to key 6 (which is 5)

rest looks fine from a quick look through

PARASPEED
        Participant
          @paraspeed

Thanks a lots il will try tomorow.

Ecktown
          Participant
            @ecktown

Is there a way to play this great table as a two-player-game?

Tyson
            Participant
              @tyson171

Thanks for this!

Quick question, anyway to turn up the game sound?  The sound effects are plenty loud, but the voices and some other effects are a little lower, just curious.  Thanks again!

xenonph
              Participant
                @xenonph
                MemberContributor

You could export the sounds that seem low, out of the sound manager and use a sound editting program like Audacity to raise the volume on the sound effect, and then import them back into the sound manager.

Capture1

Attachments:
                Lighthouse
                Participant
                  @lighthouse

Thanks for this! Quick question, anyway to turn up the game sound? The sound effects are plenty loud, but the voices and some other effects are a little lower, just curious. Thanks again!

There are some lines at the beginning of the script to adjust the volume, what happens is that the number comes with a point, like this: .4
                  remove the front point and try leaving only a number between 1 and 10, you’ll see how it works perfectly (4 or 5 is fine for me)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  Mrfu
                  Participant
                    @mrfu

FANTASTIC!  :yahoo:

i love pinballs

Skitso
                    Participant
                      @skitso

I’m playing with single portrait fullscreen setup. I can’t find a way to have the DMD window visible. Could someone help me out. Thanks! :)

POOTERMAN
                      Participant
                        @pooterman

Another player also looking to find out how to view the game score/DMD on a single monitor in fullscreen portrait mode??

Draifet
                        Participant
                          @draifet

Maybe I’m lost, but I think that this table don’t have a DMD.

Skitso
                          Participant
                            @skitso

Yeah, it’s not possible.

gtxjoe
                            Participant
                              @gtxjoe

Here is a modified Whoa Nellie with the scoring reels moved to the plunger area so you can see your score on single monitor fullscreen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3afgs5uxcb7ph47/Whoa%20Nellie%21%20Big%20Juicy%20Melons%20%28Stern%202015%29%20v2.1.4%20with%20Reels.zip?dl=0

POOTERMAN
                              Participant
                                @pooterman

gtxjoe – thanks so much for making this, truly appreciate it :)

Is there any way I can edit this so that the score screen can be viewed horizontally and moved to the top middle of the screen so when in portrait mode it’salot easier to read etc?

Massive thanks again :)

gtxjoe
                                Participant
                                  @gtxjoe

All I did was enable, move and resize the EM reels from the desktop mode over to the plunger area. When you open the table in VP, you can click on Backdrop and move those reels to another location and resize if desired

To rotate the Scoring Reel 90 degrees requires more work

– create EM reel image with all 10 digits rotated 90

– replace the single 4-digit EM Reel object with 4 separate EM reel objects

– modify the script score routine to work with the 4 reels instead of 1 reel

Yoi do the first 2 steps and I can do the 3rd step

POOTERMAN
                                  Participant
                                    @pooterman

gtxjoe – once again big thanks for your help. I had a go at your instructions above but as a newbie to VP I’m kinda lost if I’m honest. I managed to export and rotate the 10 reel digits and the ‘comma’ symbol 90 degrees counter-clockwise in Photoshop and then re-import them back in. I clicked on ‘play’ to see what difference it had made but the numbers were still the same way as they were before? I also did the ‘Gottileb_Reel2’ and ‘Gottileb_Reel3’ images but they looked wrong when I imported them back in so not sure if that even needs to be done. I’m struggling with replacing the objects as I can’t get my newbie brain around how the tables are put together just yet. Thanks again for taking the time to reply anyway, truly appreciate it :)

gtxjoe
                                    Participant
                                      @gtxjoe

Post your reels and I can take a look this weekend

D-Inc.
                                      Participant
                                        @death69inc

how can you change size of table …. when i go to table mode it cuts off the sides (to wide)

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Open VPX – Load table Manually – Press F6 and adjust with the flippers. It is called camera mode. People should learn this stuff since it is the only way to get the tables to look like you want them really. And one note – DON’t change Z-scale. Tables will break if you do.

https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          D-Inc.
                                          Participant
                                            @death69inc

thanks for info …. After many years I am now going from desktop to table. So never ran into this type of issue.

Between trying to get 3 monitors working b2s and color roms and table mode keep breaking things just fixed samples that i never had issues with before for bally late 70’s tables . FUN FUN…… Brain in over load reading all the forums LOL.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?