Whoa-Nellie (wizbang 2011)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    TrackMaD
    Participant
      @me2010

Fantastic game mate, this old school type em is great fun. Glad stern released it. Thanks for sharing all your work on recreating it.

But, ive lost the backglass on your latest upload DOF v2.0, it was working for me right up to Whoa-Nellie (wizbang 2011) v1.8a , checked out the script couldn’t see anything to activate it, but ive noticed its changed since v1.8a. Any ideas how to get it back , cause all the sounds youve added are awesome or is it just my cab again lol.

boomshakalaka

Rappelbox
      Participant
        @rappel

I dont have a BG too… but apart from that, cool theme :D

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

If i hit the Kicker 1, then i get an Error:
          “Bumper2.PlayHit()…”

Edit: all ok with never VP10.exe and vsb Files,
          Got it, thanks Rappel.

Rappelbox
          Participant
            @rappel

you can fix that by installing the newest vp10 beta, at least it worked for me :good:

Daryl
            Participant
              @allknowing2012

Sorry forgot to mention that in the table posting.
              You *must* have the latest vp10 beta to get the playhit() ability.

The backglass is now controlled with the new standard <vp>/User/LMEMDOFTables.txt file.
              Simply edit the file,
              0 for no backglass
              1 for backglass + no DOF
              2 for backglass + DOF

TrackMaD
              Participant
                @me2010

Awesome Mate, your a legend, thank you. YeeHaaa…….. LMEMDOFTables.txt file well blow my socks away, what cotton picking farm did they pull that file from to hit us with lol

boomshakalaka

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

Sorry forgot to mention that in the table posting.
                  You *must* have the latest vp10 beta to get the playhit() ability.

The backglass is now controlled with the new standard <vp>/User/LMEMDOFTables.txt file.
                  Simply edit the file,
                  0 for no backglass
                  1 for backglass + no DOF
                  2 for backglass + DOF

Dude…. I tried not wordying about pinball… while on vaca… but had to load this up… man… it’s just more awesome then I thought possible

TrackMaD
                  Participant
                    @me2010

A new update for Whoa Nellie – Big Juicy Melons!

Over 380 ROM sounds, speech clips and song tracks are now included. Also more rules corrected based on internet videos to better match the pinball.

Also includes DOF config thanks to Angrim

Perhaps the last version – unless you find bugs :-(

Hey Daryl , could you please add the ‘bump’ sound for the upper lanes and anywhere else you might think it would work, like in this video at 0:12 please : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AStT1CM9mls , i think freneticamnesic did Fastdraw table and all of Pinuck’s EM tables have it aswell ( Borrow from them, the sound, with permission of-course ), everytime i plunge the ball at the upper lanes im waiting for that “thump that never comes” lol, adds that final touch to what is already another great kickass EM tournament table for me anyway. BTW that highscore sticky note looks super sexy on my cab.
                    If you don’t want to, thats OK , no worries, but can an author here gimme a couple of pointers on how i go about doing this myself. Cheers

boomshakalaka

Daryl
                    Participant
                      @allknowing2012

The table has sounds for rubbers, posts, gates and rolling sounds. It is firing and playing them. Perhaps I need to re-add the sound effects at a louder volume to get over the backtrack volume. Stay tuned.

Daryl
                      Participant
                        @allknowing2012

I have posted the problem over on vpf .. I really suspect the code that I and others are using is the problem.

Function Vol(ball) ‘ Calculates the Volume of the sound based on the ball speed
                        Vol = Csng(BallVel(ball) ^2 / 2000)
                        End Function

It sets the volume way too low to be heard.

I suggest changing it to:
                        Vol = Csng((BallVel(ball)*0.2 + 4)/10)

I will verify tonight on my cab.

Daryl
                        Participant
                          @allknowing2012

Need to bump this up a bit.. likely want this in all your vp10 games. Get the rolling sounds and bumps back :-)

Replace the existing function with this:

Vol = Csng((BallVel(ball)*0.3 + 4)/10)
                          End Sub

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

thanks! will get time to actually try this table tonight for first time

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

i had to rem out calls to bumper4 hit play like 3-4 different lines or kicker would throw a error for me. strange! but works great! thank you!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

Daryl
                              Participant
                                @allknowing2012

i had to rem out calls to bumper4 hit play like 3-4 different lines or kicker would throw a error for me. strange! but works great! thank you!

You need the latest vp10 beta.

TrackMaD
                                Participant
                                  @me2010

Need to bump this up a bit.. likely want this in all your vp10 games. Get the rolling sounds and bumps back :-)

Replace the existing function with this:

End Sub

Yep :good: that did the trick, Perfect. Thank you for taking the time to check that out & provide that solution, that level is perfect for me, sorry for assuming you didn’t add all the sounds for rubbers, posts, gates and rolling sounds, my bad. I thought maybe it might just have been my cab as i use the unorthodox 5.1 surround in it which works exactly the way i like it, but not all tables work well with it.

Cheers Mate :yahoo:

boomshakalaka

Pinball999
                                  Participant
                                    @pinball999

Super excited to try this table, but I have no music and no GI.
                                    I’m playing with V.2.
                                    Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
                                    BTW, I had to remove some invisible walls in front of the outlanes, got surprised to keep the ball so long :)

Daryl
                                    Participant
                                      @allknowing2012

I just checked and the walls are there but they are not marked as collidable so it shouldnt affect your play.
                                      You did get this version right?
                                      http://vpinball.com/wpfb-file/whoa-nellie-2011-dof-v2-0-rar/

No music or GI ? hmm .. did you set the user/LMEMCONFIG.txt value appropriately? likely a 1 or 2.
                                      The only update to the above was noted a few posts earlier.

Replace the original Function with this:
                                      End Sub

Hauntfreaks has an update that will be posted shortly.

Pinball999
                                      Participant
                                        @pinball999

Aaah! Many thanks Daryl. The version I got was indeed the wrong one. I’ve used the first link I found for this table, and it had no sound/GI and 3 walls marked as collidable.

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012

Hauntfreaks made a few more tweaks to improve game play. This also includes the previous noted change to get the sound effects.
                                          Call this 2.0a :-)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw634VKBDeRLSm5wVXJPZ0N2M0E/view?usp=sharing

Paulo Carvalho
                                          Participant
                                            @paulohotline

RESOLVED. I reran the DOF config and it was in there. DOF is working great. Thanks for the table!

Hey guys thanks for the updated table. I cannot DOF to work. I have set LMEMDOFTables.txt to “2”.
                                            DOF was working with previous release, so I am stumped at the moment.
                                            Thanks!

Simply edit the file,
                                            0 for no backglass
                                            1 for backglass + no DOF
                                            2 for backglass + DOF

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                            http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                            "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?