Williams Phoenix / Bally Supersonic

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    PaSSion
    Participant
      @adrian

Hey guys decided to help if i can, so I’ve started working on Phoenix Williams from scratch, thanks to Did for the suggestion of using a blueprint I’ve started this table from scratch, I did get permission from DboyRecords to mod his VP9 version. I have some really good plastic graphics, but not good at doing any Photoshop or Gimp.  I’m not sure if the graphics in this post qualify for the table.  There are limited graphics resources for this table especially the PF. “Quality”  I started to watch 32Assassins YT video and followed from that.    Almost everything in the build has been done, except the graphics and coding.Phoenix plastic2

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

You should try to contact Sindbad! I know that he wanted to do the Phoenix table and was looking for help. If his Phoenix resources are half as good as his Vector and Victory stuff we will see a hell of a table! I don’t know if he wants to do another table but just try and ask.

PaSSion
        Participant
          @adrian

hey Schreibi34, just sent him a message thanks

Sindbad
          Participant
            @sindbad

Hey guys!

A “Phoenix” pinball was standing in the “Bahnhofskneipe”, a small bar at the train station in the town where I lived, when I was a teenager. I played this pinball a lot when I was young, and today I’m always dreaming of a VP version of “Phoenix”. Unfortunately, resources are very thin. I have some moderate pictures material, which will be sufficicent to re-draw the complete playfield and plastics, but the playfield is very rich in detail, and so it’s a lot of work to re-draw it. I estimate a minimum of 200 hours.

Time is for me a critical resource at the momnet. Presently, I’m doing some renovation works in my house, I hope this will be finished at the end of April. After that, I have to give my MAME cab some love, which will take another two month. During that time, I have to finish a new “Truck Stop” version (I’m working on a new playfield in 4K). I hope, I can convince Schreibi once again to help me with the Blender resources…   :yes:

Coming back to “Phoenix”… PaSSion, presently I’m not working on “Phoenix”, and I also have no good material that I can share. “Phoenix” is still on my “ToDo-list”, but I won’t start re-drawing the playfiled prior to July. Sorry for not being able to help you right now and here.

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

Great to know your still around, Heino! I’m doing my last big project right now. After that i would be happy to help you out with whatever you need for your table. I won’t be rendering a whole table again, but if you need prims, lights, gameplay stuff, just let me know!

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

most of DLrecords tables are VP8 tables that where rotated and saved in VP9.

the code on this table is so dated that you are better of starting from scratch instead of modding the VP9 version.

if you think your resources are good enough

I stripped the VP8 table and rebuilt the code,  I had to rebuild all the lights given that the VP8 table was using walls for lights.

I download the service manual and added the missing Chime Calls.  the actual sound files need to be added.  I have Bally, Gottlieb and Stern chime sound files but

I don’t have any Williams.

their is also a solenoid call for an ALt Sound;  I have no idea what its for

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3eb43f1ivgoptx0/Phoenix%20Williams.zip?dl=0

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                PaSSion
                Participant
                  @adrian

Thanks guys for your input,  I will contact my brother and get him to place these graphics on the blueprint I have. the version of Phoenix I played has all the sounds and chimes like it used to.  I will start looking at the  coding.

PaSSion
                  Participant
                    @adrian

Update…spoken to my brother, he said will take a lot of time to do the above images and input them into the Blueprint  :cry:

This is what I’ve done so far..

Wip_Phoenix

PaSSion
                    Participant
                      @adrian

Hey guys, can some one have a look at this table and tell me if its ok…there is no coding as yet.  I’m not sure if the plastics i did are up to your standards.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vvw8fyEsjKnDY6jxaAXyfF8_pmhWI3q9/view?usp=sharing

Cheers any help appreciated.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

working on obtaining a better version of this.. wish me luck.

helps if I add the picture...

Phoenix

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

Hey Borg,

how big is this image and do you have a “clean” version of this in png without the jpg artifacts? If yes, i could run this through the “letsenhance” upscale processor just to see what happens. I still have 10 image enhancements left on their site.

This one would be perfect for my, let’s call it “upscale and repair method”, but i don’t have time to do that the next 2-3 months.

PaSSion
                          Participant
                            @adrian

Hey 32a I am thinking the ALt sound is for the blaze way shot “sw21”, it’s supposed to collect the points you have made, then make a different sound to the targets.  That’s what I’ve seen on TNT Amusements videos

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

I agree that many of these smart image enhancers are good. But, there is also a free one that can give you surprisingly good results. I admit, it looks a bit sketchy at first. Japanese menus and well, not the greatest name … etc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waifu2x

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

what you see there is what I got.  I’ve been trying to get in touch with the person that posted that up on pinside, they actually re-themed it, the next picture they posted all the art was sanded off.  a lot is messed up on that stitch of their scan, but they were just using it to get hole positions and such.  if I can get the original scans that would be best, but I’ve always had mixed results with people sharing stuff  :unsure:

32assassin
                                Participant
                                  @32assassin

Hey 32a I am thinking the ALt sound is for the blaze way shot “sw21”, it’s supposed to collect the points you have made, then make a different sound to the targets. That’s what I’ve seen on TNT Amusements videos

what video did you see,  I saw this one  and he starts to talk about an ALT sound,  but this are rom sounds

you make this changes by pressing F6 while the table is running

their is also no reference to any Chime boards on the video

scroll to 00:09:50

and it will be an easy fix for us as the code is this simple

Sub SolSoundALT(Enabled)

If Enabled Then
                                  PlaySound “SoundRecording”
                                  Else
                                  StopSound “SoundRecording”
                                  End If

Only problem is that we need to find the audio recording that plays when sw21 is triggered.

End Sub

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Sanchez77
                                  Participant
                                    @sanchez77

If its any help i have the original backglass removed from the machine.  Unfortunately the playfield went to the dump before i knew what i had.

cmd
                                    Participant
                                      @cmdo

Yay Phoenix! Anxiously awaiting a VPX version of this classic from my youth!

Thanks!

JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

Stimpson J Cat reporting for duty. Classic cmd!

Also looking forward to this. Thanks for all the work being done!

PaSSion
                                        Participant
                                          @adrian

hey guys, just trying to find a better PF as posted before. might have to purchase a real PF yet.

doubleD
                                          Participant
                                            @doubled

whats the news? really looking forward to this table

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?