Williams Pinball Classics Join Pinball FX3

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    tthurman
    Participant
      @tthurman

I thought this info that Tom posted over at the GameEx forums might interest some of you here.

@randr
      – I got a forbidden error each time I tried to insert the video with the media tool so I just linked it.

Sliderpoint
      Participant
        @sliderpoint
        MemberContributor

Good for them. Will need physic overhauls from FX3 physics, but will nice to see.  Hopefully on mobile platforms as well.

-Mike

FYI: beta available now https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=8346

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

This is great news for playing on my phone! I assume cabinet support will be included?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Cabinet Support for Phone ? ;-)

tthurman
            Participant
              @tthurman

Given they are marketing their own cabs now I figure cab support is pretty much a given.

They may not be the most accurate tables, but they are decent.  I pretty much skipped PBA, so this is good news to me.

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

Cool.  I hope Pinball Arcade takes a beating.

Will be interesting to see what these look like in FX3.

*edit*  I just watched the video… those guys seem like they are actually into pinball.

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Bummer no iOS or  Google https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?28090-Williams-Pinball-FAQ.   Took a quick spin around the beta.  Definitely changed the physics, haven’t played enough to give good feedback, but they are definitely better compared to the standard FX3 games.

-Mike

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

I hope they upgrade the physics for all FX3 tables.  I want to really like their original games, but after about 5-10 minutes i find it to simple.  Shoot and back to the left flipper, and shoot and back to the left flipper and repeat

Draifet
                    Participant
                      @draifet

Williams and Bally licenses.

I liked the physics, and the “real” 3D, illumination and reflections are nice, I’m not full convinced about the clear plastics and some details, but I probably will buy all the tables if they don’t fuck it up with some silly decissions.

Be careful if u install the Beta branch, no cabinet support for now, and when u return to the normal build, u have to download 5GB again.

foofoorabbit
                      Participant
                        @foofoorabbit

When I heard the news and how there was an open beta, I’ve been itching to get back home from work to try it out.

freelunch
                        Participant
                          @freelunch

This explains why Farsight lost the licence to Bally tables. I don’t expect Zen to make realistic physics for these, either, but I’d love to be pleasantly surprised.

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

I’m pretty sure Farsight lost all those tables because they didn’t want to keep paying for the license along with the Stern tables.  I figure they thought they could do better with Stern because they were newer, flashier tables… too bad for the people that bought all those tables and are losing all future support for them.

So then Williams just took their business to FX3… hope it works out for them.

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

I’m impressed with what they’ve done. Gameplay is better than typical Pinball FX3 casual friendly so hope they don’t chicken out.  Table looks great.  I’ve run into an issue on the pinball PC though where the 4K tv resides… and everything is choppy to hell though.  Brought the resolution down to 1080p and it’s still choppy, so must be a bug

edit: even tried to set the resolution down to 1080p on the desktop itself and it’s still an issue.  I noticed though on the timed tables like The Getaway the timer is actually counting down REAL slow, like it takes 1.5 seconds for a second to count down

TerryRed
                                @terryred
                                MemberContributorModerator

Cabinet mode works fine….and the DMD works fine with freezy as well.

There’s a good chance that it will work with DOFLinx (for basic DOF feedback and lighting…but also with my FX3 SSF PuP-Packs) once DDH69 can “make it work” like he has to with the other FX3 tables…but it also means they he has to update DOFLinx everytime FX3 gets updated. (which is a lot of work for him)

Some terrible cabinet view gameplay on my desktop….just a quick test.

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

problem solved. For some reason, when I switched to portrait, it reset the monitor refresh rate to 30 hz interlaced.  WHATTT???  So I reset it to 60 hz and now it’s silky smooth, even in 4K :)

Draifet
                                  Participant
                                    @draifet

Terryred, cabinet fine? Or u mean portrait mode? Cause I can’t see the backglass and dmd on the second screen.

Do u think it will by possible to play the color dmd’s using freezy extension?

TerryRed
                                      @terryred
                                      MemberContributorModerator

Terryred, cabinet fine? Or u mean portrait mode? Cause I can’t see the backglass and dmd on the second screen.

Do u think it will by possible to play the color dmd’s using freezy extension?

I’m not running portrait mode. I’m using the Cabinet Supported Features, just like what they have for normal FX3 tables. This means you can have Still Image Backglass (without a front end), and use the DMD on any screen you want (which is what freezy requires to work with it).

As for VNI colouring with dmdext…   @DJRobX would be best to answer that one.

Let’s also not get delusional with what we call “cabinet” support. VPX itself does NOT support a Backglass on another screen(B2S Server does), nor does it support a DMD on another screen (PinMAME does). Feedback and lighting also comes from DOF. I think it’s not exactly fair to expect Zen to do all the things we want when Visual Pinball itself doesn’t do it without the use of other programs.

FX3 does:

-any cabinet screen orientation you want on the fly (with the GUI automatically changing)

-any kind of Backglass still image (with no front end) that can be positioned and sized on any screen you want, and changes with each table.

-DMD that can be positioned and sized on any screen you want.

-direct table launching from any front end

Those basic cabinet features are more than what any other pinball program offers without the need of other software.

With DOFLinx it may be possible to have:

-DOF feedback and lighting

-directb2s backglass support

With freezy:

-real DMD or virtual DMD with nice dots

I’d say Zen has done pretty good at support considering how small a user base we are compared to their other customers. That being said…I would love to see them make it possible for “us” to use table triggers so we can simply make our own support for cabinet feedback and lighting.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Start bombing their Steam forum with feedback and suggestions if you have a certain direction you want them to take it.  That screenshot looks pretty good.

DJRobX
                                          @djrobx
                                          MemberModerator

As for VNI colouring with dmdext… @DJRobX would be best to answer that one.

I’m guessing it won’t work right away as it will be seen as a 24-bit RGB source (not sure about the direct memory mapping mode).   It will probably need the addition of a command line switch to have it “downconvert” to a 2-bit (4 color) “source” so that it can go through to the colorizer.    The resulting grabs also need to be pixel-perfect to the original DMD, VNI colorizations do not do any fuzzy matching.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

:wacko: …. sounds easy enough :scratch:

Anyway. You so deserve a few :rose:   for what you do Rob !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?