This topic contains 42 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  The Loafer 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
     TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Start bombing their Steam forum with feedback and suggestions if you have a certain direction you want them to take it. That screenshot looks pretty good.

I would…if they hadn’t banned me for life (without notice) from their forums for posting a video of my FX3 Aliens PuP-Pack.  :P

Drybonz 
    Participant

Start bombing their Steam forum with feedback and suggestions if you have a certain direction you want them to take it. That screenshot looks pretty good.

I would…if they hadn’t banned me for life (without notice) from their forums for posting a video of my FX3 Aliens PuP-Pack. :P

Yeah, that probably wasn’t very smart… anyway, everyone else… Start bombing their Steam forum with feedback and suggestions if you have a certain direction you want them to take it.     :wacko:

TerryRed 

Here’s what it looks like with a Night Mode look (gamma option in FX3 video settings). Much better!

The Loafer 
    Participant

gamma … option?  You CAN do a night time mode??

Drybonz 
    Participant

Looks pretty nice… does it let you size it down so that you can see more of the apron?

TerryRed 

Looks pretty nice… does it let you size it down so that you can see more of the apron?

Not in terms of letting you specify exact sizes, no. There was another view that showed more of the apron.

I personally HATE having the entire table and apron in view if it means “squishing” the image. The view #2 they setup is absolutely perfect for my own preference.

foofoorabbit 
    Participant

There’s definitely a couple views that clearly show the apron and game rules card. On my 1440×2560 desktop display, the text is crisp enough to be readable. I imagine on a 4k display, it’s  :good:

TerryRed 

There’s definitely a couple views that clearly show the apron and game rules card. On my 1440×2560 desktop display, the text is crisp enough to be readable. I imagine on a 4k display, it’s :good:

Yes, it looks great in 4K. Runs super slick too.

freelunch 
    Participant

I tried Fish Tales. It plays better than I expected. Ramp shots felt too easy, but overall it’s better than Farsight physics. I will likely buy this on the Switch when it’s done.

The Loafer 
    Participant

There’s definitely a couple views that clearly show the apron and game rules card. On my 1440×2560 desktop display, the text is crisp enough to be readable. I imagine on a 4k display, it’s :good:

Do you find you need to run the shadow detail setting on medium?  On high I get severe slow down. Funny thing is, I’m sure last night I had it on high and it was butter smooth .  Game still looks great though with the setting on medium

TerryRed 

Do you find you need to run the shadow detail setting on medium? On high I get severe slow down. Funny thing is, I’m sure last night I had it on high and it was butter smooth . Game still looks great though with the setting on medium

I’ve only tested on my gtx 1080 desktop…so that is maxed out. I’m pretty sure I knocked down the shadows to medium on my gtx 970 in 4K though.

The Loafer 
    Participant

Regular pinball FX3 is fine with shadow on high so I guess emulating the rom is causing a bit of overhead.  We have to remember it is in beta so some stuff may not be as smooth as the final version.  Even if it stays as is, I’m super happy because of your mentioning the way to enable night mode.  Works great on regular PBFX3 games too, Aliens is WAY better darker, just finished a marathon game on that one.  If they could have just removed that idiotic “too easy to repeat” top left loop, it would have been a superior effort. love the story modes.  As it is, still a very fun table

TerryRed 

Regular pinball FX3 is fine with shadow on high so I guess emulating the rom is causing a bit of overhead. We have to remember it is in beta so some stuff may not be as smooth as the final version. Even if it stays as is, I’m super happy because of your mentioning the way to enable night mode. Works great on regular PBFX3 games too, Aliens is WAY better darker, just finished a marathon game on that one. If they could have just removed that idiotic “too easy to repeat” top left loop, it would have been a superior effort. love the story modes. As it is, still a very fun table

Try it with my PuP-Pack. :) Music with that is so much better.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     TerryRed 

From DDH69:

I got around to having a play tonight.  While I’ll almost certainly download them, play a bit and tinker once they are released, I think I’ll be playing these games on VPX.  My preference, real pinball emulation via VPX and fantasy on FX3.

I had a look at the force feedback for them, really too early to give a definite DOFLinx answer.  The beta doesn’t have all games and features.  I’ll have to wait until the release and then start work.  Despite my statement above, I do intend them to all have full force feedback, MX LEDs and active back glasses    – sometimes the fun is just in getting there.

The Loafer 
    Participant

Regular pinball FX3 is fine with shadow on high so I guess emulating the rom is causing a bit of overhead. We have to remember it is in beta so some stuff may not be as smooth as the final version. Even if it stays as is, I’m super happy because of your mentioning the way to enable night mode. Works great on regular PBFX3 games too, Aliens is WAY better darker, just finished a marathon game on that one. If they could have just removed that idiotic “too easy to repeat” top left loop, it would have been a superior effort. love the story modes. As it is, still a very fun table

Try it with my PuP-Pack. :) Music with that is so much better.

Yeah I’m way behind.  I never really set up anything cab wise for Pinball FX3 and the code they gave me which I did enable somehow got deactivated.  I never even set up Freezy’s DLL, got some serious work to do here.

Cameron 
    Participant

Any opinions as to how this compares to some of the nicer VPX tables?

I won’t have an opportunity to try it out in my cabinet until next week. I enjoy the Zen originals even though some of them are way too easy….

It sounds like they have tweaked the physics to make it more realistic. I just wonder how it compares to a good 4K VPX table.

foofoorabbit 
    Participant

The playfield scan is top notch. If you use the free-view camera to zoom in and pan around (I think you get a zoomed-in view only in landscape display orientation) you’ll realize that they did an excellent job on the four of the first tables they are releasing.

In my opinion, Pinball FX3 Fish Tales and Junk Yard are visually way better than the VPX counterparts. The flipper physics, on the other hand, needs work in FX3.

But if I do an apple to oranges comparison between Fish Tales and some other top notch VPX tables like flupper’s Diner, for example, VPX wins, in my opinion.

The Pinball FX3 engine has a lot of potential though. Especially in regards to lighting, reflections, refractions, diffusion which I don’t think VPX can currently do.

I think the best VPX authors go through lengths to get some the amazing effects in their VPX tables… something that the FX3 engine would, I believe, get for free.

I do think flupper’s plastic ramps look better than the plastic ramps in the current FX3 tables.

Cameron 
    Participant

Thanks for the info.! I noticed that the chrome rails don’t look super-great on the FX3 which is weird because they do have tables in their regular lineup that have nice looking chrome rails. Maybe that is something that will be refined in the future.

This is sounding pretty cool.

foofoorabbit 
    Participant

Yeah, the rails aren’t shiny. Even TPA got this right.

It should be fairly easy for them to add the shine (leading me to believe they deliberately chose a matte metal texture)… even the screws and bolts cast off reflections when panning around the playfield.

For certain things, VPX authors have FX3 beat. But for other things, FX3 is better.

Drybonz 
    Participant

For certain things, VPX authors have FX3 beat. But for other things, FX3 is better.

The main difference is… if something isn’t right in a VPX table we can just go in and fix it.  If something isn’t right in one of these commercial games we have to beg and plead for them to fix it and, largely, get ignored.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account