This topic contains 117 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Scooby 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
     Batsugame 
    Participant

No rush, you’ve gone above and beyond lately, despite some unnecessary harshness out there. This is so impressive already, though!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Getting back to this wip…

got spinning disks working, more lighting conversions but maybe got 2000 lines done tonight so all this time and still not half way to 100,000 lines with a first pass through script. But getting there slowly. I can’t think of any other game that is more creepy while playing then this game. Sound effects and lighting effects are very well done

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

3 users thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I cannot think of a single PINBALL table that makes me look behind my back….BUT this game does!

I have got about halfway through the 100,000 lines and is getting fun now. I did a quick screen capture of some playing with the Demon but i lost the thing very fast and make sure you watch around 245 mark for the light show after i lost it.

This table has like 800 sound effect and let me tell you it will make the hair on the back of your neck stick up!

Anyways here is a wip video

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

I can testify that Randr isn’t lying when he says that he want to look behind his back. Or maybe I should say – well, that might be if you don’t have ssf – then you know where to sound is coming from :)

When I first fired up this puppy, the whole cabinet started shaking and was standing there wondering what happened just like I did when Terry was finished with his DOF for Jaws and the Barrel mode started for the first time. A very cool table for sure and I can tell you. You have something to look forward to guys. 100k of code lines and huge amount of samples. I don’t envy you one bit Randr. I got tired just browsing the script making myself acquainted just concentrating on those lines that have playsound calls in them.

Again. Please don’t burn yourself out on this. It is so huge that I can see it happening for anyone – even you.

Javier 
    Participant

Nice, maybe I’ll use some of what I already had working at the table a long time ago I was working and the truth is I’m not up to date with the scene but as I said maybe you can use something from my table that can be downloaded from here

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/zqam7x2973533/VPX_Projects

Cheers, Javier..

"Learning without thought is vain, thought without learning is dangerous." (Confucius)

"Aprender sin pensar es inútil, pensar sin aprender es peligroso". (Confucio)

Please, if you can help me with a small contribution to update my work team and continue to make more tables I will be eternally grateful.

https://paypal.me/javier1515?locale.x=es_XC

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@javier1515 oh wow i didnt think anyone was doing 3 angels! how far did ya get? i have it playing and mostly working

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Nice, maybe I’ll use some of what I already had working at the table a long time ago I was working and the truth is I’m not up to date with the scene but as I said maybe you can use something from my table that can be downloaded from here

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/zqam7x2973533/VPX_Projects

Cheers, Javier..

If you haven’t had a chance… check out randr’s conversion of Jaws and Masters of the Universe recently released. You’ll like what you see I think. Its good to see you peeking back in on the forums.

Javier 
    Participant

@randr in the link is the table quite advanced, playable but with errors. There is also the table Road gilrs Junkyard Cats and Dragon Ball Z original of my authorship.

I do not know how you did with the music and sound effects because the table has a lot and makes my version weigh more than 700mb.

cheers..

"Learning without thought is vain, thought without learning is dangerous." (Confucius)

Please, if you can help me with a small contribution to update my work team and continue to make more tables I will be eternally grateful.

The Loafer 
    Participant

FYI junkyard cats is one of the better originals, would love to see that in vp someday.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@javier1515 My build is also playable and is still a wip for sure but I have all sounds and music and the table is only 250mb 700mb is huge I have not looked at your table but maybe compress the wav/ogg files?

toxie 
    Participant
    VP DEVMember

WOW! :yahoo:

Javier 
    Participant

I do not remember well but when I was working at the table with vpx 10.4 if I compressed the sounds and music to .ogg the table crashed for that reason use .wav

Maybe at some time vp can accept .mp3 files

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

All the music is .mp3 just put in the vp music folder as I’m sure you know. But yeah not sure why your table would be 700mb that’s crazy huge.

Btw great to see you back! You have been missed around the company community that’s for sure!

TerryRed 

Speaking of music…is it REQUIRED to have all the music files in the music folder without a sub folder? Its getting very messy having all the music files from so many tables jammed in there. Can’t each table have those files in “Music \ 3_Angels”. Another one of those organizing details that really should be standardized now instead of later before it gets out of control when we have music files from 100’s of FP conversions in there. :)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Well it can of coarse but just has not been the normal way it’s done over the years. Just don’t look in the music folder and it’s all good :) I’ll add sub directory for 3 angels table

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Sure it can.

Sub PlayRandomTrack()
    Select Case Int(Rnd*2)+1
    Case 1 : PlayMusic "TimeFantasy/soundtrack01.mp3" : MusicLoop.Enabled=1
    Case 2 : PlayMusic "TimeFantasy/soundtrack01.mp3" : MusicLoop.Enabled=1
    End Select
    End Sub

TerryRed 

Sure it can.

Sub PlayRandomTrack()

Select Case Int(Rnd*2)+1

Case 1 : PlayMusic "TimeFantasy/soundtrack01.mp3" : MusicLoop.Enabled=1

Case 2 : PlayMusic "TimeFantasy/soundtrack01.mp3" : MusicLoop.Enabled=1

End Select

End Sub

That’s the table that made me think of this.

Having them in their own folders will help to avoid same name issues. Not likely but it can happen, but still good practice.

Oh…and did I hear Batman music in the video?

Javier 
    Participant

My idea of putting all the effects and music on the table is because many people have problems when setting up the table.

In the case of this particular table, the amount of files used is extremely enormous, truly a masterpiece.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

My idea of putting all the effects and music on the table is because many people have problems when setting up the table.

In the case of this particular table, the amount of files used is extremely enormous, truly a masterpiece.

agreed

Batsugame 
    Participant

If you haven’t had a chance… check out randr’s conversion of Jaws and Masters of the Universe recently released. You’ll like what you see I think. Its good to see you peeking back in on the forums.

Holy cow I was busy getting ready for Halloween this week and missed MOTU! O.o

randr on a roll!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2FB Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account