Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Starting a new working on site thread until i can fix the 1000 post in 50 page thread bug.

I updated 2 things today:

*Support thread code

*Main downloads plugin

i have noticed using chrome you cant browse site while downloading now i am sure its a chrome bug as it works fine with safari and edge but has anyone noticed this too? maybe the plugin update fixed it but doubt it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I believe I’ve seen something in that direction. I thought that it was a slow connection to the us that was the reason and that I’m running FF with quite a lot of tabs. What I normally do is to open links in tabs. Then download. But, since I have those tables and threads already opened I guess I haven’t really noticed that this could be the reason. Download is probably over before I’m finished reading the threads most of the time.

And. I’m a firefox users.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Yeah ive seen it on my cab(windows pc).

I am a Mac user normally but on cab if i used Edge it was fine. will retest cab tonight maybe i fixed it

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

I have noticed that, but normally by the time I browse and tell it where to save the file it is done, so it is a cow point.

gtxjoe
            Participant
              @gtxjoe

I notice the chrome issue also. I thought that was a change you made on purpose to throttle us ;)

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I would never throttle anything. it is for sure an issue with chrome only it seems. edge works fine so very strange

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

@gtxjoe i did find this for chrome…

Type in address bar “chrome://flags” without quotes and search for parallel. Change options for parallel downloading (Default / enabled / disabled)

i will try it on cab for a test myself i think you want it disabled?

for IOS and Android

gtxjoe
                  Participant
                    @gtxjoe

No change in behavior.  While downloading a file, if I click to go back to previous page, or open a new browser tab to vpinball, no page will load until the download is complete

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

@gtxjoe could you try edge and does it then work properly?

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Cannot remember who asked for it but i removed the VERY old Author counts from my first attempts at a support topic in the downloads index.

Hope this looks better for people.

Also attempted to get autoposting working for instagram again! we will see if it works on next upload

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

If by “Author counts”, you mean where it said you have 1032 questions, but zero answers, making it look like people were not answering questions, then I am the guilty one Randr. lol

Thanks my friend!!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

@xenonph yea that was old support threads but I should have that removed now. I had it in my list and didn’t forget!

for IOS and Android

gtxjoe
                            Participant
                              @gtxjoe

Multiple downloads do work fine in IE.  No Edge/Win 10.  Chrome still not working, so it does look like a Chrome issue

Oldschool4
                              Participant
                                @oldschool4

Yes ive had this issue.Chrome on laptop.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

@gtxjoe

I setup site to bypass php if file size is larger then 15mb or so… i’m thinking the latest chrome don’t like that anymore? lets hope they fix it in next chrome version or i find a work around :wacko:

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Updated a few plugins trying to work around chrome download issues.

will keep digging so you may see some site maintenance notices here and there

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

noticed a new update Google Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Stable Channel Update for Desktop
                                      Tuesday, April 23, 2019
                                      The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 74 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.

Chrome 74.0.3729.108 contains a number of fixes and improvements — a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 74.

Security Fixes and Rewards
                                      Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.

This update includes 39 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.

[$3000][913320] High CVE-2019-5805: Use after free in PDFium. Reported by Anonymous on 2018-12-10
                                      [$3000][943087] High CVE-2019-5806: Integer overflow in Angle. Reported by Wen Xu of SSLab, Georgia Tech on 2019-03-18
                                      [$3000][945644] High CVE-2019-5807: Memory corruption in V8. Reported by TimGMichaud of Leviathan Security Group. on 2019-03-26
                                      [$3000][947029] High CVE-2019-5808: Use after free in Blink. Reported by cloudfuzzer on 2019-03-28
                                      [$N/A][941008] High CVE-2019-5809: Use after free in Blink. Reported by Mark Brand of Google Project Zero on 2019-03-12
                                      [$2000+$1,337][916838] Medium CVE-2019-5810: User information disclosure in Autofill. Reported by Mark Amery on 2018-12-20
                                      [$2000][771815] Medium CVE-2019-5811: CORS bypass in Blink. Reported by Jun Kokatsu (@shhnjk) on 2017-10-04
                                      [$2000][925598] Medium CVE-2019-5812: URL spoof in Omnibox on iOS. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-01-26
                                      [$2000][942699] Medium CVE-2019-5813: Out of bounds read in V8. Reported by Aleksandar Nikolic of Cisco Talos on 2019-03-15
                                      [$1000][930057] Medium CVE-2019-5814: CORS bypass in Blink. Reported by @AaylaSecura1138 on 2019-02-08
                                      [$1000][930663] Medium CVE-2019-5815: Heap buffer overflow in Blink. Reported by Nicolas Grégoire, Agarri on 2019-02-11
                                      [$1000][940245] Medium CVE-2019-5816: Exploit persistence extension on Android. Reported by Yongke Wang of Tencent’s Xuanwu Lab (xlab.tencent.com) on 2019-03-10
                                      [$1000][943709] Medium CVE-2019-5817: Heap buffer overflow in Angle on Windows. Reported by Wen Xu of SSLab, Georgia Tech on 2019-03-19
                                      [$500][929962] Medium CVE-2019-5818: Uninitialized value in media reader. Reported by Adrian Tolbaru on 2019-02-08
                                      [$N/A][919356] Medium CVE-2019-5819: Incorrect escaping in developer tools. Reported by Svyat Mitin on 2019-01-06
                                      [$N/A][919635] Medium CVE-2019-5820: Integer overflow in PDFium. Reported by pdknsk on 2019-01-07
                                      [$N/A][919640] Medium CVE-2019-5821: Integer overflow in PDFium. Reported by pdknsk on 2019-01-07
                                      [$500][926105] Low CVE-2019-5822: CORS bypass in download manager. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-01-29
                                      [$500][930154] Low CVE-2019-5823: Forced navigation from service worker. Reported by David Erceg on 2019-02-08

We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.

As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:

[955186] Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives

Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer,UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.

Interested in switching release channels?  Find out how here. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.

will try this out on cab but seems better on virtual machine

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

As EVERYONE knows websites are under attack constantly and we had some spam get through this morning! Thalamus took care of it very quickly so thank him for that please.

So every time this happens i usually bump my software up a notch to try to combat the problem but today i upgraded to CSF firewall through WHM and should stop a lot of this before it ever effects the actual site but as usual can cause other issues so keep your eyes open for anything different or weird going on.

Thanks guys and thank you to @Thalamus for taking his moderation seriously so most of use don’t see the issues! including myself!

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Made some changes to the Vpinball map!

Added GDPR Compliance and changed look of the popup images a bit(if you added one)

ONLY 233 people pinned themselves to the map and thats embarrassing!

Lets get some new users to add their pin and that way we can test i didn’t break anything with these changes:)

Map is here or look at top nav bar to add your marker :good:

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Made some changes to the Vpinball map!

Added GDPR Compliance and changed look of the popup images a bit(if you added one)

ONLY 233 people pinned themselves to the map and thats embarrassing!

Lets get some new users to add their pin and that way we can test i didn’t break anything with these changes:)

Map is here or look at top nav bar to add your marker :good:

Would be nice to see more people use it for sure.

@TerryRed
                                            :  you have two entries and therefore are messing with the integrity of the map, fix it man, FIX IT!

@Thalamus
                                            :  without sounding like a kiss-ass, I do have to admit your vigilance is only surpassed by your dedication not only to this site but to the entire community too. Thanks for doing what you do, I did it years ago, it’s not easy and you do it better than I used to!!

@randr
                                            :  I guess I should say thanks to you too since your site is pretty awesome and your dedication to improving it is unmatched.  But … I’m really concerned any compliments will just go to your head.  So I’ll refrain for now. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?