Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Made a VERY SIMPLE PAGE to display All Members birthdays today on right and on left displays only your Friends birthdays for today and next 7 days. Shocked at how many people have birthdays today so i broke it down on left to be easier for people.

try it and let me know if it displays correctly

https://vpinball.com/members-birthdays/

Link is also added in nav menu under your avatar

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Worked.  Looks nice!  Wow, makes you realize how many people are hanging out here.

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Made a VERY SIMPLE PAGE to display All Members birthdays today on right and on left displays only your Friends birthdays for today and next 7 days. Shocked at how many people have birthdays today so i broke it down on left to be easier for people.

try it and let me know if it displays correctly

https://vpinball.com/members-birthdays/

Link is also added in nav menu under your avatar

Admit it, you did it so we don’t forget your birthday :)

Herweh
          Participant
            @herweh
            vipMemberContributor

Very bad download performance here, too. It takes more than 35 minutes to download Bord’s ‘Lost World’. Is there something I can do?

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Same here. It’s slow I am told it’s routing and nothing I can do until it’s fixed(somewhere in kintucky) I’ve asked several people in different areas and they have 30 second downloads and that is normal but not for my location sad to say

for IOS and Android

Herweh
              Participant
                @herweh
                vipMemberContributor

Same here. It’s slow I am told it’s routing and nothing I can do until it’s fixed(somewhere in kintucky) I’ve asked several people in different areas and they have 30 second downloads and that is normal but not for my location sad to say

Thx for the info, @randr. Of course this is no offense, just to inform you. I love what you are doing for the community, for free.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Looking into slow downloads but i really need more people to let me know if its slow or not. For me its slow but from what i see its a slow hop in my tracert…but ive talked to others and they say its fine not slow at all!

I am making some changes to nginx but honestly cant see how that can cause slow downloads but i am spending some time looking into it and will be testing some different things so you may see errors when downloading(404-503) while i play around with stuff but shouldnt ever be down long. I HOPE

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

OK!

I verified downloads are bypassing nginx but can this cause slow downloads? not sure still researching it.

But i currently and for last couple weeks force passthru the “get” URL for downloads or if i dont it causes 404 error… So from what i can find i need to create a rewrite rule for that kinds of requests has higher priority than the static files’ rewrite rule that generates the 404 HTTP error response so i am trying to figure out how to do this but really dont think this would be issue? will try and then downloads wont be bypassing nginx then i will know for sure..
                    This will take time to figure out how this rule is created so for now NO changes

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Just tested with my cellular hotspot and downloaded 80mb file in 10 seconds but on local ISP same file takes 15-20min! so it is a bad hop somewhere for sure. Only suggestion i can say to try is connect your cab or desktop  to your cell hot spot i bet you will see same result.

for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

I just confirmed this as well.

My cell phone /LTE connection is super fast downloading 400mb file from vpinball site.  like 30 MB/s…

My cable internet (500 Mbs) is slow as as turtle downloading from vpinball site.   like 11 minutes remaining stuff….

This is something new like last 2 weeks or so…. very strange indeed….

naeromagus
                        Participant
                          @naeromagus

I’ve also noticed this these past couple of weeks. At first i thought it was something to do with my isp Comcast. But I have a 200mbps down connection. Tried out my cell Lte connection thru Hotspot. Much quicker. I didn’t mention anything. It very generous of you Randr to host this site. @ least now I know I’m not crazy.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

THANK YOU!

I agree its strange! i am looking into it but not everyone is seeing slow downloads so its hard to say whats causing it. Need more people to chime in

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

mine are slow. also comcast.. I see a pattern here!

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

@borgdog connect your desktop to cellular and see how fast or slow it is… using your cell data instead of broadband

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

I am going a little faster, but not speedy like site used to be, but then I don’t have great cell service at home.  probably twice as fast with cell.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Thanks for testing that. I swear it’s Comcast and or a station somewhere. On a side note I canceled my cable tv at office(2 tv boxes and a dvr) and at home 4 tv boxes and dvr. Total savings between office and home is $330 bucks a month. Still pay 100 bucks for internet at office and 130 bucks a month at home for internet but Kind of a big deal!

for IOS and Android

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

Download speeds in Cleveland seem to be unaffected…’knocks on EM side-wood.’  My basic home connection just did L-War in about 2 minutes, which would be about 30 seconds at work.  What the flip?  1/2 hour d-loads elsewhere?  Weird.  And phone data-connections are working faster?

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

super slow here. I’ll download a 20 meg file in 2 seconds at VPF, here it’s 5-10 min minimum, some files of 100 mb will take 1 hour.  Unfortunately I can’t test over cellular as my data plan is too crappy, sorry.

I don’t believe it’s your site at fault but as you pointed out before, there’s a server along the way that needs to either be changed or rebooted eheh

LynnInDenver
                                        Participant
                                          @lynnindenver

Either that, or the site’s being caught up in one of Comcast’s efforts to extort a payment from another bandwidth heavy host somewhere. :negative:

Why, yes, they have actually done THAT before (Netflix), why do you ask?

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

JR
                                          Participant
                                            @jfr1

fyi – – just d-loaded bord’s LW update in 15 seconds.  So I’m assuming…if it was something with the site that wouldn’t happen.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?