Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

Aside from downloads, even accessing the site can be laborious at times; It works but it can be slow even to list new messages.  But this def isn’t specific to your site, too many people have zero problems so I gather my ISP (Rogers) is following the same server hops as those with this issue.  Sometimes just browsing the site via my phone/safari seems to be handling it faster (which you alluded to Randr)

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

@theloafer …Rogers?  …thanks for giving us Neil Peart. RIP.

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

@theloafer …Rogers? …thanks for giving us Neil Peart. RIP.

He was one of a kind :(

BrandonLaw
          Participant
            @brandonlaw

I have to say today seems to be the highpoint of a slow download.  Honestly, I do pretty good here.  Other than requests being a bit latent and pages taking a while to transition, the downloads are usually not an issue.  I’m getting 40kb/s at the moment.  It’s continuing.   Of course I triple checked if it was on my end…nope…100mbps (120 burst) and I am on at 4am…so the traffic would be minimal between myself and the host.  But…you could drag it down to a crawl and I’d still hang out here :yahoo:

“and IIIII would wait five hunnnndredddd min…and IIIII would wait five hundred minutes for you”

You can’t unhear that.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@brandonlaw i may try uninstalling nginx just to see what happens but i asked a member in florida if he was having slow downloads and he said no its fine so i still think its a network issue somewhere. Did you ever try connecting to your cellular hotspot and then try downloading something? For me its totally fine on cellular.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

BrandonLaw
              Participant
                @brandonlaw

@randr So…funny you ask. I’m actually a network engineer for VZW…I’m going to change my IP from my ISP first by reassigning a MAC to my router and see if that helps. It cleared up the routes to VPF I had about a year ago. Only site to have ever timed me out completely. I blamed Paul directly. (hehe kidding. Love Paul) I noticed in the trace that somewhere in Colorado my IP was denied from that site. Let me see if that fixes this sites woes. Again…it was really only this morning. Matter of fact, let’s see how it is now…stay tuned.

Edit:  900kb-1mb down now.  Aint great, but it’s showing that it’s fluctuating.  I’ll get on my laptop for work (Cellular AWS cxn and let’s see how that goes.)

Edit2: Laptop showing 88-95kb/s  Back to slow.  Something with the static routes past our MSC here :(  You’d be surprised…probably just a translation that needs to be rebooted or a dirty fiber.  Dang Ketuckionians.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw
                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’ve not had any issues with download speeds.  I’m getting 100-200MB files in under a min.  Site it popping up quickly when I’m browsing too.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

I have noticed slowdowns on and off for a long time

Last night I went to download something and it was 96KB – half hour later it was 8 megs and just now it was 8 megs

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Messing with site. you will see some things disabled. dont worry to much yet just testing

for IOS and Android

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

No issues here.  My downloads take 1-2 mins for a table at most.  No VPN and spectrum 100 mbs

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

Just letting you know when I come to the site I get your post from January 12, 2020 at 12:35 pm (2 up as the latest post).  Then when I log in I get everything current from  that time :unsure:

This is my work CPU and was just turned on this am, so not sure where it is getting the delay from.  At home about 2-3 hours difference seems normal.  This is using firefox as a browser for both cpu’s

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

@jesperpark Yes that’s by design as non logged in users are served a cached page that only refreshes every 3-6-8 hours or so. If you want current live stuff you must login

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                            Participant
                              @jesperpark

Okay sounds good, I did not realize that was intentional.  Just reporting it was all, I logged in and noticed a significant time jump.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Removed some security plugins that hekped spam registration tonight to help speed up backuping of site so if you see a spam registration PLEASE report it ASAP! I need to speed up the copying so i hope this will help

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Files still copying to new server i cant make it go any faster(i tried) will keep you updated and warn you before i pull switch on old server and make new server live. Hopefully this weekend but cannot see progress of files. just need to wait until its done.

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  JR
                                  TinyBlackDog
                                  Participant
                                    @dbknightx

FYI files don’t seem to be downloading at all for me today.  I’m one that has had very slow downloads the past month or so.

71DBB693-6297-4E43-9DAF-476CA8F2A359

Perhaps a side effect of the server transfer, since these are both very recently added files.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Not sure what the files are cannot tell in screenshot but server move has not begun yet. Speed are very slow for me too but others in southern parts of U.S. are super fast. Sorry but as soon as I get filed moved the server will be moved. Doubt it will be this weekend so for now try cellular connection to avoid the network issue on broadband.

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

interestingly, I’m now 3 hours from my normal download spot and no longer on comcast and am getting much much faster downloads.  surprising since i am only on a 10mbps hookup that goes through at least 4 wireless tower hops before getting to fiber.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

@borgdog it is a network issue so you must be using a different route to get to server. Nothing is wrong with website that is for sure it’s route somewhere is crap

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

I’m still blaming comcast

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?