Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    Herweh
    Participant
      @herweh
      vipMemberContributor

Great download speed here, too. Was able to download without any issue or delay. Great job. :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
      richmidd
      Participant
        @richmidd

Two weeks ago downloads were crawling…  Today’s download was superfast,  I blinked and almost missed it.  Thanks!

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

Happy to report a 100Mbit/sec (and above) download here too :good:

Thanks!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Was having some issues with uploads since server move! re-installed php 7.3 and hope this will fix error “cannot move file” when author would upload a new download. Will need people to let me know if you still get error when submitting uploads but should be ok now(fingers crossed)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

ignore strange stuff you see…working on site.

for IOS and Android

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Fighting a real bugger of a glitch on uploads! if you try to upload a file in downloads area and get error “cannot move file unable to upload file” please just let me know so i can troubleshoot seems like a random issue so need to see it happen

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

So I have found the issue with uploads failing….

the root /tmp file is filling up on new server! It’s not a size limitation but a problem with it not clearing properly after script runs for uploads and it eventually fills up.

if your trying to upload anything and get unable to upload file cannot move error please just let me know and I will clear the tmp folder manually and upload should work until I can figure out what’s causing this problem this is all I can think of doing.

for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Setup a cron task to cleanup /tmp folder ever 6 hours for now until I can figure out why it’s filling up on new server. Should fix problem but is not ideal.

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

* */1 * * * find /tmp -type f -ctime +1 -delete

You can run that each hour and it will clear out files older than 24 hours.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@thalamus problem is it should not be filling up. But I did similar every 6 hours but for whatever reason files are not cleaning up themselves.

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

noticed recent other downloads side widget on forum index was missing “pup” packs but was in query so added “pinup” and now they show latest. just FYI

for IOS and Android

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Was having email issues ever since server move!!! not just vpinball either but my WORK! turns out the server hostname was generic and was causing some emails to not send! Should be fixed now. NOT GOOD for my real job let me tell you :wacko:

so if your email was xxxx@gmx.net as example of one domain failing you should be good now

for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I noticed Facebook autopost stopped working a few days ago! I fixed script and is now working again as of now. so next upload should be posted as normal on facebook. Sorry about not catching it sooner but i just been busy with real life stuff last few weeks.

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I have some time today and plan on adding a few updates to site some normal critical updates and one feature update for downloads area. we will see how they go so ignore any strange things you see for a little bit.

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Got about 10 critical updates installed so far. another 17 to go but doing them one at a time and waiting to see what happens.

BIG download feature i’ve been wanting to get working FOREVER is now working(hopefully)…

Downloads with multiple files and without the dropdown selection are now NOT ALL CHECKED by default! You now select the file or files you want first rather the unchecking what files you don’t want :) Sounds simple enough i know but trust me it was not a simple thing to do.

Please let me know if its working as expected as it is a change and who knows what i broke doing it.

for IOS and Android

6 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Rajo Joey
                                  Participant
                                    @joey2001

I have an issue on my Android tablet for a while. I can’t open an external link. Always get this error:

net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

@joey2001 using app or just normal web browser? You try clearing cache? W hat version os is the tablet

for IOS and Android

Rajo Joey
                                      Participant
                                        @joey2001

@joey2001 using app or just normal web browser? You try clearing cache? W hat version os is the tablet

Just tested a few links. Some are working, some not.
                                        Example: This doesn’t work:

http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1491-nemos-virtual-slot/&appp=3&lang=en

And the links to the app in your signature to google play and ios also were blocked.

I try it in the app and my tablet has Android 9.1.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

I am planning on updating app to ionic5 soon and that should improve a lot. Links are working for me so will look into issue over weekend but for now copy paste the link would be removed fix

for IOS and Android

Rajo Joey
                                          Participant
                                            @joey2001

Yes, no hurry. It isn’t a big problem. I only want to tell you.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?