Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

And I am still working on the app update but that’s a bit more complicated so will take time. Thanks loafer… I think :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Made some changes to the Vpinball map!

Added GDPR Compliance and changed look of the popup images a bit(if you added one)

ONLY 233 people pinned themselves to the map and thats embarrassing!

Lets get some new users to add their pin and that way we can test i didn’t break anything with these changes:)

Map is here or look at top nav bar to add your marker :good:

Would be nice to see more people use it for sure.

@TerryRed
        :  you have two entries and therefore are messing with the integrity of the map, fix it man, FIX IT!

@Thalamus
        :  without sounding like a kiss-ass, I do have to admit your vigilance is only surpassed by your dedication not only to this site but to the entire community too. Thanks for doing what you do, I did it years ago, it’s not easy and you do it better than I used to!!

@randr
        :  I guess I should say thanks to you too since your site is pretty awesome and your dedication to improving it is unmatched.  But … I’m really concerned any compliments will just go to your head.  So I’ll refrain for now. :)

I can’t fix it…there’s no options to. I’m military…so I don’t stay put too long.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

@terryred you could just put one somewhere in the great white north eh?

for IOS and Android

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@borgdog finally figured out the excerpt issue and now fully removed let me know what you think :good:

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

Much better, neat and clean

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I installed chrome update Version 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit) and seems the download issue is gone! can anyone confirm this?

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Doing some testing on dev site shouldnt effect live site but i think it DID… will keep you posted

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Updating plugins for site so let me know if you see anything odd…

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

OMG :wacko: Knowing how this is built …. LOL ! B-)

Oh. I’m sure you’ve tested this already :good:

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@thalamus LMAO

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I have been putting off a huge update…site has been slow traffic wise last couple weeks maybe now would be a good time to try it on live site? Been testing in dev site with no issues but zero traffic on dev site so really not a great test. Thoughts?

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Put dns ttl really short. wait until propagated. switch site and watch the confusion when old articles are gone. That would surely make the traffic increase.

Then you know – LOL :yahoo:   B-)

Damn, this is what you should have done 1. april. :whistle:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Optimized tables in database and cleaned up a few other things. Hope I didn’t break anything.

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Seems a spam user got through and spammed a few people(70 plus) about web hosting :wacko:   user was facebookcom so ignore that obviously. sorry about that but can happen from time to time

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

sounded like a good deal so I signed up, gonna start my own fakebook!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Added “posts” to landing page showcasing the tutorials just scroll down a bit to see them. I hope the added query don’t slow site down to much but will auto update with new content like the rest of the landing page items.

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Updating some stuff on site….fingers crossed. nothing major but you never know what can happen when you mess with stuff

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Added option in your profile to unsubscribe to topics or forums right from your profile.

Click on your profile, choose the forums icon below your cover photo(may have to click the plus menu icon on right to see it) then you can see your subscriptions there on unsubscribe if you want. currently this is for forums only :good:

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Been very busy with my real job lately and stuck working all this weekend too but i made a small change to my SSL config and its supposed to be a slight bit better performance?? let me know if you see anything strange please or if you see anything for the better!

Honestly it seems like it made no change in performance to me

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

I have today off from work and i’m thinking about trying a big update to site i’ve been putting off for 6 months or longer. This could have some big side effects even though i have tested this on dev site.

Site has been sorta slow lately anyways so you guys ok if i attempt the update? Worst case site will be down until i restore it fully but best case it will be updated to newest wordpress 5.2.2 which will allow me to then upgrade my PHP to 7.3 so overall i think performance should be much better but all this can go bad real quickly…..

Anyways its raining outside and have some free time so let me know

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?