Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I’m trying! But dang if it maybe non stop attacks and site blocking them causing loads to spike. At this point it’s a wait and see thing

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

xantari
      Participant
        @xantari

Site is much faster right now. I noticed the chat feature is gone (which i’m OK with as I never used it). That chat widget caused some long page load times i bet.

If you ever want to bring back chat, I’d recommend just setting up a link to a discord channel instead of the “flyzoo??” stuff. 

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator
          If you click on an image in the post it no longer enlarges
          If you edit a post it now puts everything in one big paragraph And you have to adjust the whole post so it looks correct
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@outhere

Lots of things still turned off. Still monitoring loads and slowly turning things back on one at a time

for IOS and Android

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@outhere i re-enabled image lightbox.

I also turned off new registration while testing and wont be back on until everything else checks out….day or 2 at most

for IOS and Android

3 users thanked author for this post.
              xenonph
              Participant
                @xenonph
                MemberContributor

Not sure where to post this. (Asked in private chat but got no response.)

I have lost the ability to “Like” any posts. I am still able to “Thanks” the posts.

Seems to have happened a few days ago when you were trying to speed up page loads.

Weird that I can see others “Liking posts” since then, but my “Likes” do not work.

Which is the only reason I am writing this message.

I have recently downloaded a years worth of downloads, and I think I have “liked” just about every one of them.

Have I used all my “Likes” up?

Did I “Like” too many downloads?

It’s not important if it speeds up the page loads for everyone else. I would gladly give up my “Likes” to help others.

But I just thought I would let you know the Likes are not working for me.

No need to stress, or change anything if not needed.

Thanks for all you do randr and crew!!

Carry on.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

@xenonph I’m sure it’s your browser cache. Clear it and will probably be able to like again

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

“Have I used all my “Likes” up?”     ..that’s funny stuff right there

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

:rose: @ Charles.

TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

So far… the site seems much faster!

Great stuff!

xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

Thanks for keeping this site up and running for all of us pinball addicts!!.

Your work is appreciated!!

I have a small request…

Would adding an edit button to private messages be something easy to do?

When you forget to add something to your message, or mispell a bunch of words, after it is already sent, you have to add it to another message, and sometimes the person only sees the second message, unless they scroll up.

I am guessing I am not the only one this has happened to. So I am sure others would appreciate it too, if an edit button could be added to a message already sent.

I can live without it, but figured I would ask, as long as it isnt too hard to implement, and as long it doesn’t slow down your site.

Thanks again Randr!!

And thanks to ALL the people that keep this site going, including the great moderators!!!!

Thank you for your time.

Carry on.

PS..

I have restored my computer to factory twice,(I am sure this clears my browser cache), and I am still unable to click the LIKE button and have it register.

I can live without it, as I can still hit THANKS.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

@xenonph can you like from the Vpinball app?
                            As for the editing of pm’s it’s not possible as it sends to the recipient but there is option to save as draft maybe do that first it’s a nice option and you can edit it before sending

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

Isn’t that app for cellphones and I-phones?

I have never used the VPinball app, as I have never had a cellphone or I-pad or I-phone.

(I guess I am Low-Tech as I only have a computer to use to browse the internet.)

Thanks for the info on editing pm’s.

It’s not so much about the spelling for me, it’s more about missing possible messages, because I, or someone else doesn’t scroll up. If when checking the messages from people, if it could show you last UNREAD message instead of showing the last message sent, that might help so nobody misses message.

For example… If I send someone 4 messages during the day, and they go to check messages that night, it takes you to last message, not the last message unread. So If they dont scroll up, they will never see the previous 3 messages, or even know that they were sent.

Anyways its not really big deal, as I now scroll up everytime I get a message, to make sure I didn’t miss one.

Have a great day!!

Carry on.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Site emails user on ever pm you receive and App sends a push notification on almost everything including pm’s.(but for app yes you need android device or Apple device) You certainly should be getting emails if someone sends you a pm if not let me know and I will see what’s up with that. As for your suggestion I will keep that in mind for a future project in 2021/2022. As for the like  button…. somehow your blocking the Java code that lets  you like! Try someone else’s pc/device and let me know.

for IOS and Android

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

I am sure the email notifications are working properly.

I am just not one who checks their email very often.

I check my email maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Usually only if I lose a password to a website, or some other type of confirmation process.

” As for the like button…. somehow your blocking the Java code that lets you like! ”

Strange, as I have never changed any settings on anything.

I just figured since this seemed to happen while you were in the middle of upgrading the site to load quicker pages, that it was something on your end, and not mine.

So I just tried with Google Chrome browser and the Likes are working now!!

I guess whatever you did to speed up the site, made my older version Firefox to stop being able to click Like.

My Google Chrome browser is up to date, but I use this older version Firefox, because I don’t like being blocked from sites they deem dangerous. Alot of emulation sites are blocked automatically by Google Chrome. (I think their daily updates are just new ways to block you from stuff!!)

So I will just use the Google Chrome Browser for this site, and my older version Firefox for the rest of the sites.

“Like” problem solved!!

Thanks again for everything!!

Sorry to have pestered you over such a small matter, when you probably have alot of Higher Priority things you are working on right now.

I apologize sir.

Carry on.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

@xenonph you are putting yourself at high risk running outdated browser! Highly suggest keeping whatever browser you use up to date/current??
                                    but glad you figured out your problem.

for IOS and Android

xenonph
                                    Participant
                                      @xenonph
                                      MemberContributor

I agree!! I think I will just use the Google Chrome for all sites!! I will only use the older version Firefox if Google Chrome blocks a site.

Also I have to say your page loads on Google Chrome are fantastic!!

100% faster!!!

WOW!!! Great upgrade kind sir!!

Thanks again

JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

No cell phone @xenonph ?

xenonph
                                        Participant
                                          @xenonph
                                          MemberContributor

Never have owned one.

I really don’t talk to too many people on the phone, so I never felt the need to ever purchase one.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

@randr : It might be an issue with using *.jpg as screenshots for site uploads/screenshots. Seen a few support tickets lately related to attaching screenshots and converting one from jpg to png solved it right away. Trying to upload it as jpg, I got a broken icon in the preview window. Exact picture I tried to upload is this one :

vpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/223028/zushitdwbqvlijsu3yqnqaev1ubnn6ep.jpg

… ref https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/who-dunnit-bally-animated-topper-videos-color-and-bw/#post-222891

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Thalamus.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?