Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Good luck is all I have to say about that ;-)

krisser
      Participant
        @krisser

@randr

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

now running PHP 7.3.5 all plugins are current so all that is left is wordpress update. Not seeing anything broken yet but just wait for it  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Good job – so far :whistle:

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Gotta do big WordPress updates at work this week. I feel your pain.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Yea I’ve been at 4.9.9 pushing back 5.0 but I need to just do it as it’s now at 5.2.2 already.

so far so good but going to grill up some nice ribeyes first!

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Going to hold off on the wordpress update and monitor server load for a couple of days just to make sure what i have changed already is working ok. I think the PHP update has improved the download issue with google chrome so if i dont see any issues for a few days i will then do the  wordpress update.

I also think the vpinball app is working a bit better with the new PHP 7.3.5 which actually makes sense as i was on 7.0!(very old)

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

So I didnt realize when you update Php version that it also resets your php settings! So for about 14 hours the site was on default php settings limiting memory, upload size etc. thanks to Herweh and his mousin around update he helped troubleshoot this and I found the problem quickly. So I will give things another day to simmer before I continue with updates. Thanks again @herweh for your patience and help today.

for IOS and Android

Shannon
                    Participant
                      @shannon1

Not sure what the heck you guys are doing, but keep up the good work!

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

vpbchat will be unavailable for about 1 hour on Thursday July 4th, 2019 starting at 01:00 EST.

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                        Participant
                          @lynnindenver

That last WordPress update broke my browser. When I try to post a new thread using Firefox, it throws a security error and won’t post. I can successfully post using Pale Moon.

Also, I haven’t had the “logged out after two weeks” issue in a while.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

@lynnindenver first thanks for the reply!

I have yet to apply the WordPress update but did apply many “plugin” updates and could give a false positive for spam if you post strange characters or if your using older outdated version of Firefox. Make sure Firefox is latest and let me know if you tried to post quote marks or something like that…

as long as you log in with “remember me” checked it should keep you logged in for a year now.

for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                            Participant
                              @lynnindenver

Firefox claims I’m on the latest version. All my text is typed into the post window, so if it’s an odd character, it’s happening within the browser itself.

It’s a 503 from WordFence I’m getting. It doesn’t seem to care what I do in terms of lowering my security settings in Firefox, it won’t let me post; this implies to me that wherever the one plugin came from, they don’t think Firefox has enough share to test against it anymore, or are just automatically assuming a newer Firefox isn’t a legitimate way to browse.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember
                                1. Good info thank you. I will look into it tonight.

for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                                Participant
                                  @lynnindenver

Testing my ability to post per RandR’s instructions. :-)

Editing to see if the code snippet comes back or not.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I assume it worked? but for code snippets you should really use the source code option under tools in editor. That script looks like it could be a XSS security issue to site thats for sure

for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                                    Participant
                                      @lynnindenver

Looks like it for now.

Edit: Yep, it was the YouTube Downloader extension it looks like.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Shout out to @nailbuster for reporting a spam forum post today.

I think every user has ability to report a post as spam so if you see anything like that PLEASE click “report” on right side above the post.

I may update to wordpress 5.2.2 tonight in hopes that it will help but dont think anything will ever stop it entirely. we will see

Thanks again nailbuster!

for IOS and Android

xenonph
                                        Participant
                                          @xenonph
                                          MemberContributor

My firefox is no longer working since the new wordpress update.

I had to use chrome to write this message.

It’s not a problem for me to use new browser, specially if it adds more security to help keep spammers out of this site.

But just thought I would report the change I personally saw with your newest update to wordpress.

Safety comes first!!

Thanks again for all the work you put into this site!!

Carry on.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Have not had time to apply update tonight so not sure why your Firefox is not working but will look into that. I did make a security change tonight that is suppose to help but I really doubt it will. Really need to get this update done but I know it will break something :)

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?