Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

@xenonph : Try you’re firefox again. But, this time – turn on incognito mode. It it works, then you have a cookie related problem not a direct FF issue. I use FF right now, on Linux, no issues.

xenonph
      Participant
        @xenonph
        MemberContributor

I am using an older version of Firefox Thalamus.

It is definately a problem on my side and not this site.

I use this older version, because it is the only one that will load this poker site I go to.

It is Firefox version 43.0.1.

I have tried newer versions and all sorts of different browsers to get that poker to load, but only that particular version loads it.

Just figured I would report what I saw to Randr, (In case the feedback helps him in some way), as that version was working for this site up until recently.(Today.)

The last big update to site, had me upgrading from Vista to Win7, before I could post or download anything.

(Best thing that ever happened to me, as I love Win7 and was finally able to get Ultra-DMD to install!! It never would on my Vista!!)

(I was thinking …ut ohhh, here comes Win8 upgrade!! lol but was relieved when switching to Chrome, my posts went through!!)

Not even sure how to get to “incognito mode”.

Thanks again for the help my friends!!

I will just stick with the new Chrome. Not a problem at all!!

Carry on.

Thalamus
          @thalamus

@xenonph : Running a old browser like that isn’t advisable. You should not be running Firefox as your default browser if you decide not to update it. And here is a reason why : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2019-18/ – ok, if you only go to pinball sites and your poker site, then I guess it is relatively safe. But, I would really keep my browsing computer up to date.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Blocked Australia today from website until people can help stop a guy there from selling commercial cabinets and including Nailbusters front end and our tables  illegally! I am very sorry if this includes you but im sure you can VPN around it anyways. I also blocked China as most spam seems to come from China :wacko: . I will monitor the logs and hope to pinpoint IP’s and then will have a better idea of who this person is.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Didn’t I suggest blocking China a long time ago ? Those fuckers have state employed hackers and trouble makers.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

The region block on Australia has just been removed the Retro guy(David) will be posting apology on site soon and i am truly sorry for all this DRAMA! BUT i will not allow our hard work to be redistributed commercially.

for IOS and Android

Martymoose
                Participant
                  @martymoose

I am from australia

and say Damm fine work should be more of it

got everybody talking

need to get him to take down the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QkVWLP5fpY1111111111111111111

remove 1,s from end of link

xenonph
                  Participant
                    @xenonph
                    MemberContributor

Just thought I would report that my old Firefox is working for site again!!

Downloads and posting in forums is working!!

I didn’t notice until I just downloaded Bord and crews, excellent Time Warp table, and posted a thank you message in their support topic!!

Thanks again Randr!!

I would guess you do alot of work on this website, that many probably never even notice.

So a huge thanks for all the work you put into this site, and all the unseen work you do also!!

It really is appreciated my friend!!

Carry on.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

He do a huge amount of work ! I’m just crossing my fingers for the wp upgrade he has planned. I know he fears it too. :rose:

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I added a great new option to downloads section today! its a OPTION

You will see when creating/editing your upload a new option “Download Type*” by default its set to “File” preferred option but if you would rather have your files hosted on other sites or Dropbox  as example then choose “URL” you can then insert link to your release on whatever site it is! Uploads still need to be approved but this way more people can get notified about the great releases everywhere!

“External links” sub category in downloads that now every uploader has option to LINK to a download…Let me explain.

I user might have a HUGE pup pack and stores it on dropbox or mega then instead of uploading this huge pup pack they CAN if they want link to file and user will click “VPB Download” the same way as normal but will open URL instead and you can download direct from mega or dropbox or whatever. It will still be the same great look as all other downloads BUT download button opens whatever sites url is entered could even be VPU backglass release thread or VPF JpSalas table release link!

If people want to host files on other sites this is a GREAT way to have a nice looking presentation and notify many users on this site, Vpinball app, facebook and instagram BUT still file is HOSTED on whatever site and OPENS the URL that uploader directs it to.

Nobody has to use this option at all BUT IS AN OPTION and i think i nice way to present the hard work of community and open link to whatever site they choose to have their work hosted on!

This will need a test where someone submits a new upload, adds screenshot, chooses URL of link to thread/download page/dropbox so maybe someone will test it?

I will try a test maybe linking a widman backglass from VPU as example hell it might not even work so will test idea in a minute…

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

So this seems to work. So if you want to share something and want to host the file yourself or on another site this is a great option!

Its just a link uploader would prefer to use wherever it may be. I really can’t think of a better way to say community then that!

remember the Wildman Rocky backglass is just a test! Real author would upload link themselves.

for IOS and Android

bartzenegger
                          Participant
                            @bnelson4kc-rr-com

Awesome stuff! Thanks for the hard work!

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I accidentally updated a plugin just now by mistake! I will leave it as is and if i see any problems i will downgrade it back. OOPS!

FYI we are still at 4.9.9 version of wordpress not 5.2.2 so that upgrade has not been done yet :)

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Attempting to add a new “my Download History” option to site where you can check and see if you downloaded a file or not… buckle up it might get bumpy

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Ok i added this to the menu under your avatar icon just below “My Uploads” you should see “My Download History” or visiting this page

https://vpinball.com/my-download-history/ should show YOUR download history. I will work on sorting options but thinking this may be easy to use in future to see what you DONT have or what you missed. Obviously its just a project i thought about making some things easier and with proper sorting options could be a great list.

Please try link and report back if it works

for IOS and Android

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Ok i added this to the menu under your avatar icon just below “My Uploads” you should see “My Download History” or visiting this page

https://vpinball.com/my-download-history/ should show YOUR download history. I will work on sorting options but thinking this may be easy to use in future to see what you DONT have or what you missed. Obviously its just a project i thought about making some things easier and with proper sorting options could be a great list.

Please try link and report back if it works

Just tried it and it works on my end :good:

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Updated a few plugins and i have a few more to update still so if you see anything wrong let me know.

Still have not applied the big 5.2.2 update yet. Not sure when i will do that

for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      krisser
                                      Participant
                                        @krisser

Updated a few plugins and main “Theme” one thing to look for is the new “Tracking” on top of every topic/forum page should show how many are currently in the topic or forum page at the time. Should look something like this:

Currently, there are 10 user and 15 guests visiting this topic.
                                        Viewing 17 posts – 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

just keep eyes open for anything that is broken after these latest updates please. I may do the big 5.2.3 update as site traffic has been lower then normal so if it crashes wont be a huge deal for people while its down

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Site has Finally been upgraded to wordpress 5.2.4!

The strange chrome bug effecting downloads should be fixed please test by downloading a file and then clicking back and if the previous page loads while download is still going then it is finally fixed so reply here to report your results. But you should now be-able to download more then one file at a time again on chrome. YAY!

I have many new ideas for the site and Vpinball app so maybe this winter will get some time to test a few of them.

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Upgraded Mysql from 5.6 to 5.7 in hopes it helps with Google Chrome bug….

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?