Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

All good here in both modes using Opera.  Cool!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I think i fixed it…but anyone seeing issue needs to clear cache for site before changes will be seen

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

2 users thanked author for this post.
        bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Fixed here. Thanks!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@bord sorry about that only changes i made were last Friday night and was one line in style.css so not sure how it messed up EVERYTHING but it did for some people.

for IOS and Android

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

The white background is back

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Doing some tweaks to site this weekend.

One thing you will notice is more info on top of each thread page showing more topic stats.

I plan on doing the big forums update this weekend too but just trying to get a few things sorted out first.

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

going to apply the big update now.

I am sure things will be broken after but just really want to try it out! Sorry site will be down a while until i finish converting database.

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

That DID NOT GO WELL! reverted back will try again another time.

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Found the “bug” stopping me from applying the big forums update! So i think i will attempt again tonight to apply what i hope is an improvement. this could break a lot of things including some push notifications and other things but wont know for sure until i try it. I will give a warning via mobile push(for app users) before i attempt the update…. probably 8 hours from now

for IOS and Android

vogliadicane
                      Participant
                        @vogliadicane

I have one suggestion for “sometimes”:

A page selector also at the beginning of a forum page. I find myself repeatedly having to scroll down, when searching for a certain date or post I only remember in contest of others

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Yeah strange it’s gone since last update failed…app still has pagenation at top and bottom so not sure why it disappeared but is on my list to fix for sure as it’s always been top/bottom until last couple weeks.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

I have one suggestion for “sometimes”:

A page selector also at the beginning of a forum page. I find myself repeatedly having to scroll down, when searching for a certain date or post I only remember in contest of others

I noticed that the other day and I just never got around to asking the question glad you did

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Working on pagination so you will see some strange stuff until i can get the loop right.

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Applied a big update to forums database so a few things:

1: Topics with more then 1000 replies will now index properly and NOT go to first post from link to 1000+ post

2: Fixed likes styling so last 20 likers are now shown horizontally not vertically. still have style changes for this in works

3: Make sure your topic subscriptions are still subscribed by checking here 

4: Working on tweaking pagination after update as a lot of things changed and effected my older style sheets so if you see anything let me know here and will add to the            list.

5: Pay attention to “freshness” of all posts and let me know if don’t see it reporting correct time/date of post please

6: vpinball app has not been fully tested but let me know if you see broken pages/notifications in app

Overall the update should improve queries so should improve performance….i don’t notice much change do you?

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

So far i have a few bugs due to update:

1: Freshness on forums index does not update but only on index page its a problem

2: Favorite link seems to be missing and i can fix that but then loose pagination! so looking into that

3: Possible quote issue for some members not being able to quote a post? I ran a repair so someone needs to test now

for IOS and Android

JR
                                  Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

So far i have a few bugs due to update:

1: Freshness on forums index does not update but only on index page its a problem

2: Favorite link seems to be missing and i can fix that but then loose pagination! so looking into that

3: Possible quote issue for some members not being able to quote a post? I ran a repair so someone needs to test now

This is a quote of your post rand

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

thanks thalamus

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Trying to fix the freshness bug and voices bug but thinking its a BUG in new update so i may have to wait for fix from devs.

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Looks like the freshness bug fix(hack) is working for now.

New bug found if you quote someone with links or image or even randomly the reply will go into Pending approval! I have applied a temp fix so please let me know if your seeing random replies not showing up or topics disappearing now.

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

messing with some style stuff so if you see weird stuff thats why.

added animated submit/submitting button and i think @ Mentions under each users post so far

for IOS and Android

JR
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?