Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Like, thanks, and owe you a lifetime supply of the beverage of your choice.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Like, thanks, and owe you a lifetime supply of the beverage of your choice.

just messing with stuff and probably will end up scraping half the changes. i do like the @ mention under everyones avatar so i hope i can leave that in but styling colors if hard to do and still have a clean looking page so we will see what stays and what goes back to plain white

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

FYI you need to clear your browser cache for site or you won’t see style changes.

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

Changes look good!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Think I finally fixed login/logout menu items to only display logout if your logged in and login only if your logged out. Seems simple but has not worked right since day one. I hope it works right now and hope I didn’t do it backwards.

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you very much @randr for the latest additions and fixes. For me, the @ alias is really nice, and to learn that the editor behaving a bit different between the users also is fixes sounds very nice. I’m always a bit scared when you venture into the patch craze. Very happy to see you come out of it on the top, as this of course is my favorite site. :rose: :good:

krisser
                Participant
                  @krisser

Patch craze is a great way to say it actually LOL

I have a list of things i need to fix and finally getting some time to try and fix them but yes one fix can break many others but i hope i got a few taken care of this time without breaking something else.

The editor formatting and color options would not work for regular members and you would see all the code in their posts! So i hope this is now working but need to see what happens next time someone tries to add color or any special formatting.

The youtube fix was more of a “redo” as the way i embedded the code before was a hack. Much cleaner now and should still work

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

HA! Sorry was logged in as the wife but i will leave it as her post.

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Oh! i also tweaked chat to not show off line users and i hope that will speed up the loading of the chat window. I was listing offline users and i think it was causing the chat window to load VERY slowly.

Let me know if it loads up faster now.

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Added recaptcha(visible and invisible) to most pages BUT login so vpinball app can login so hope this will stop spam getting in for now! BUT i cannot say for sure until we test it for a few days and if one gets in then i know it dont work. Sorry but only thing i can think of to try. Apple users will need to wait until after Dec 27th to update app for push fix(fingers crossed) apple wont allow any new app submissions from Dec 23rd-27th so look for app update soon if you use apple. Android users will see another update that i hope will fix login and allow a single login for app and forums finally! hope it works!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Well I know captcha is working as several people emailed they cannot reset password or register do to failing captcha! So that’s good!! I had captcha score set very high so I lowered score a bit and will see if it allows more people to fill forms out. A few made the human score fine but some failed. This is good news!

for IOS and Android

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

Ha!  You should use the captcha test used on – http://www.humansnotinvited.com

– – my browser is listing that site as ‘not secure’ fyi… but it seems perfectly harmless and kinda funny

Thanks again as always for your vigilance randr!

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

HA! thats a good one actually

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Chat server is having issues this is something i have no control over so lets hope they get it working properly soon! I think its been acting up for a couple weeks.

Also installing nginx (server side cache) this should probably have been installed already but just getting to it today.

for IOS and Android

TinyBlackDog
                                Participant
                                  @dbknightx

Downloads are crawling today. Not sure if related?

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Might be your location and route your taking to get to server…. possible problems at some station along the way

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Working on setting up nginx again. Didnt work first time so attempting again. downloads my be down until Symbolic link for 2nd storage drive is resetup after installing nginx… hope its a easy fix….stay tuned

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

OK!

nginx is installed so hopeful that site will be much more responsive with this installed on server.

But i had to bypass nginx for downloads but this probably makes since anyways to offload all that..

This is new stuff to me so really just playing with options to see what works best so please let me know if its better or worse

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Living on the other side of the pond. I will experience from time to time slow loading of the site, not related to you work. From what I’ve seen just recently, it seems to have improved quite a lot for me to be honest. I just hope that it continues being as responsive as it has been in this last day of 2019. Happy new year to every member here. I love you guys and thank you for the year that soon has past.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Happy new year to you @thalamus I think it should be even better with nginx as long as I didn’t mess up anything else.

love you too! ?

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?