Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    Daryl
    Participant
      @allknowing2012

So you guys arent seeing 1 minute to load any page? 1 minute for a search, 1minute for “forums”, 1 minute for recent activity.
      Using Chrome .. at work :-) so internet speed isnt an issue..

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

2-3 seconds for me. seems fine

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Daryl
        Participant
          @allknowing2012

Something about “Request” taking 60s .. I will do some googleing to see what it might be.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

what did you use to get the chart? everything loads fine here. ill run same test you did if I knew what you used.

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

I bet his trace route shows some Russian IPs :)

Punch it!

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

randr, maybe you put the “Chat Room” Link in a [target=”_blank”]

Daryl
                Participant
                  @allknowing2012

I wonder if there is something on the site that our firewalls/internet etc doesnt like.. callouts to some other service perhaps?

The Timer is from chrome store.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-load-time/fploionmjgeclbkemipmkogoaohcdbig?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Traceroute has issues getting to you .. I guess Canada/US Freetrade isnt working.. :-)

http://www.monitis.com/traceroute/index.jsp?url=www.vpinball.com&testId=951795

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I dont use chrome. anyone else what to try app?

Working on breadcrumbs for forum had none! Now i have them but not working properly yet :(

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Sorry guys been trying to work on site and just noticed last night i removed activation menu! had 10 new members waiting for activation so i manually activated them.

Wont happen again sorry about that! all should work now

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

added a better like and a DISLIKE! button OMG :good: so like stuff! ur unlike stuff! trying to get polls working still

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

hey! who disliked my post!? :-(

Anyways i have been tryin and trying to get the forums “grouped” and i am getting close! bbpress is more a blog type deal but with a lot of php editing im getting closer to a final look for the forum layout

for IOS and Android

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

OK. remember this is wordpress so doing any sort of “normal” forum is not easy! Pinside.com uses wordpress and wanted a simple format like that but more of forum look to it that everyone knows.

I think main forum area is looking much more organized now.
                            Still working on downloads section needs better thumbs and organization.
                            Still working on colors. this is tough! wanting to keep forums clean and simple.
                            I did add i small video section with a sidebar that displays some random videos. eh… i like it.
                            Chat seems to work good so use that :)
                            You will still see many changes and new features sorry about the construction.

Any ideas? post them up! i will try to add whatever people need.

for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Added pagination to top of threads and bottom. Also added drop menus for downloads on top menu bar to go right to download “pages” please try these and see if they work as expected. Still working on download area but getting closer I think

for IOS and Android

TrackMaD
                              Participant
                                @me2010

Added pagination to top of threads and bottom. Also added drop menus for downloads on top menu bar to go right to download “pages” please try these and see if they work as expected. Still working on download area but getting closer I think

Hey mate just a heads up, i think the quote button is screwed up, its adding a lot of jargon, in case you didn’t already know. Cheers

boomshakalaka

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

thanks for pointing that out! i will fix it one way or another

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Think i fixed like button for now.

More importantly i added a points system! you earn points for contributing, visiting site, replies, starting topics, viewing pages and almost everything really. Will do a reward or givaway at some level of points.

You should see your points under your avatar or in your profile/activity area(dropdown where it says “howdy(usernsme)” please test out and see if it works

for IOS and Android

Fulltilt
                                    Participant
                                      @fulltilt

Nice idea,
                                      Since I currently am looking at giving away two GTX480’s to people to help get started with there setup, was wondering if these could be included in your point system as one of the giveaways? I would be happy to do that as the winners of the cards would be active contributors to this community. Then, if others decide to “Recycle” some of their older PC parts to help others you can have several giveaways?

My original giveaway post is here

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Good idea but you already offered it for a giveaway so really free to a good home as is…. Lets see if ranking/badges even work and will go from there. this stuff is all new to me to get working properly so i bet i broke something adding points ;)

for IOS and Android

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

still working on cleaning up downloads area. aded rss feed to pinball news on sidebar

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Added newest uploads to sidebar.

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?