Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Added a slider showcasing all user uploads in order of date to landing page (vpinball.com) Can you guys check it out and see if you prefer it to old style? this new style will show around 50 latest uploads in slider form and is all automated when user uploads it also updates

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

freelunch
      Participant
        @freelunch

Added a slider showcasing all user uploads in order of date to landing page (vpinball.com) Can you guys check it out and see if you prefer it to old style? this new style will show around 50 latest uploads in slider form and is all automated when user uploads it also updates

I think this new style is better. I think it’s a great way for people to keep track of new content, especially people who only have time to visit once or a couple times a week. It could use a mobile-finally GUI for portrait orientation.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

thanks for the feedback. as long as it don’t effect site speed i may just use slider. i like it will see what others think though

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know. Too me it feels sluggish. And if I scroll a bit fast I soon loose the picture, and after that all the next pages continue with only the text. The right thumbnails are still there though. Not a big problem for me though. I very seldom go to front page anyway :)

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Been tweaking it those issues should be fixed now.

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Like night and day … Good job !

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

So I’ve been downloading the 10.4 beta builds from here (thanks fuzzel!) and it’s cool that you can select all the old builds, but it’s getting kind of long to uncheck them all when I only want the last one (yes, me lazy).  any way to make just the most recent checked be default, or maybe an uncheck all button, or maybe none checked by default?

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Agreed. I tried to fix that but nothing has worked yet. I’ll keep looking into it

for IOS and Android

freelunch
                    Participant
                      @freelunch

+1 plz save us from unchecking hell in 10.4 beta

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Messing with site a bit today trying some things(never a good thing) :)

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

server storage upgraded to 260gb, 8gb ram and better bandwidth(6tb)

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

server storage upgraded to 260gb, 8gb ram and better bandwidth(6tb)

So if we share files and such in PMs does that count against that?  Is there a way for us to clear those out?

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Yeah I dedicated 260gb towards vpinball site total from randrcomputers.com  you would need to simply clean up your pm’s yourself. We are nowhere near 260gb so don’t worry to much about it

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Sorry about the slowness tonight but finding some things that should improve speed once I get them sorted out. Should be better then ever after these tweaks. Should have them fixed by morning

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Spent a lot of time of site last 24 hours. (14:00 central time)just now should be much better so please try to break it :) post, download or whatever give her hell :good:

I am committed to making this site fast as i can

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

if Haunfreaks is Midas, then you are Merlin. I can really feel the change – responds much better now.

Thank you Randr !

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

Usually the site is not lightning fast for me but it certainly is today!  Thanks randr!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Updated many plugins today so you may see some things broken! if so let me know

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Failed to load content css: http://vpinball.com/wp-includes/css/dashicons.min.css?ver=4.8.2

• pressed download link for HF’ latest db2s
                                          randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Looks like your browser is opening file instead of downloading the file. That’s odd

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?