Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I have a dev trying the symlink again sometime today so hold on to your hats and hope for the best

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Everyone let me know if downloads are working as expected please as they are moved to a new 4tb drive and are they downloading same speed as before? Go back a ways and pick a old one too for a test and reply here

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Seems to be working fine for me, downloaded a couple old ones, an update to a new one and all where very fast.   :good:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Great! Thank you borgdog for testing

for IOS and Android

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@borgdog can you upload a test file to make sure uploads are working? Any file over 20mb for testing purposes

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

seemed to work.  is the percentage thing on upload new or have I just not paid attention?

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Not new.

remember you can also delete your upload too.

thanks again for testing! Vpinball now has 4 times the storage space(4tb)! Huuuge!

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Added members WIP’s to top nav menu under wikis, tutorials blogs and projects.

Also added link to WIP’s in sidebar of main forums index vpinball.com/forums look on right side for “members WIP’s”

for IOS and Android

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

This Pinball website is getting more popular with each day that passes!!

Look at bottom on main forums page and you will see ..

Most users ever online was 2526 on May 3, 2018, 11:49 am

That means over 2500 people were here at same time!!

I have been watching this number slowly grow each and every month!!

Just want to say what a great pinball site this is Randr, and I am very glad you made it!!

You are just as important (If not more important!!), as the person who makes tables, dB2S backglasses, or makes resources available for others to use.

You give us a place to chat with fellow pinballers, upload our own creations, get all the info we need to get everything working, and created an environment, where everyone feels welcome.

Just want to say thank you, and you have a great forums crew!!

From ScottyVH running game of week, to Nailbusters PinPopper!!!

(Even the one with a ZZ Top beard!! Looks cool by the way!!)

I will have to find a picture of me when I was a hippie, and maybe share it. Had hair down to my ass, but I couldn’t grow a full beard. (Danish is why I think.) My beard looks more like shaggy from scooby doo!! Can you see jealousy of Haunts beard? lol

Anyways thank you all.

Carry on.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Thanks! Funny my wife called haunt ZZ Top guy too! I think she approves of his beard as well.

This site is still very much a work in progress that’s for sure. Always trying stuff and changing things.

we now have 4tb of storage so sky is the limit :good:

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I have things so tight around here seems all comments on projects are being blocked. I will look at this tonight

for IOS and Android

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

So I took security down a few notches to get comments working again on blog(projects) posts and really hope I didnt open a door again to spam users or bots. One thing you guys can do is click on sitewide activity once in a while and select a new registered member and then in their profile select “profile”, they should list a favorite pinball machine but who knows if a bot could easily fill that required field in but so far all have been filled in with what seems like legit pins.

ill keep working on getting security at 100% like it has been for last couple weeks and still allow comments but need to find the reason it’s blocking them first so let’s keep our fingers crossed for the next couple days with a slightly lower security level in place.

for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Working on security so comments wont work right now in projects while i am testing

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Really fighting this balance between security on comments. will keep working on it

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

currently have disabled cache, removed several plugins but still having issues allowing comments with security at strong levels. still working on it :)

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I have a dev looking at issue. Hope he can fix it if not nobody can  :wacko:

update:

the dev found a bug in security plugin(their software!) so they are working in a fix so I hope to have everything secure AND comments working soon! Everyone better comment the heck out of the projects once this is fixed lol

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Comments fixed and security at 100 percent(so they say)

Please give it a test in projects

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw
                                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Working!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you randr for all your had work keeping us safe and almost free of spam. :good:

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Thank you randr for all your had work keeping us safe and almost free of spam. :good:

Lmao! Hey I will take that!

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?