Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

fixed “uploader” link in downloads area! That i broke with the last update adding member moderation :wacko:

you might be asking what the hell is “uploader” link?? Well if you click on the authors avatar on download index or on the actual download page it opens links to all their uploads and for last couple weeks it was showing nothing! anyways its now fixed thankfully  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

Ha, yes it works.  Thanks for the fix.

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

There is also a new download selector, how cool is that :)

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Ok guys i also added new options to downloads!

This is hard for me to explain but i will try…

As EVERYONE knows when a upload has multiple downloads you need to UNCHECK the ones you do not want and i know its a huge pain so… I have created an option any uploader can now choose if a checklist is created for your upload OR a dropdown option! i will try my best to explain this new option you will see when uploading a new upload or editing your upload…

New options you will see are

Allow single file download
            For multiple-file package you can allow user to download each file separately.

Allow selecting specific files to download
            For multiple-file package you can allow user to select only specific files to download as a ZIP package. This feature works with if option “Allow single file download” is enabled.

Both options checked will produce the check mark download list

only checking “allow single file download” will create a dropdown option!

as an example i changed @fuzzel 10.6 beta upload you must drop down and select the one you want or you will get ALL by default.

Make sense? Waste of time? Hate it? maybe i should do a pole :wacko:

Please let me know what you think look at 10.6 beta as example

for IOS and Android

5 users thanked author for this post.
            BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

dropdown works great!  thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

See @randr – people did understand your explanation  ;-) :whistle:

jbg4208
                Participant
                  @jbg4208

Ok guys i also added new options to downloads!

This is hard for me to explain but i will try…

As EVERYONE knows when a upload has multiple downloads you need to UNCHECK the ones you do not want and i know its a huge pain so… I have created an option any uploader can now choose if a checklist is created for your upload OR a dropdown option! i will try my best to explain this new option you will see when uploading a new upload or editing your upload…

New options you will see are

Allow single file download

For multiple-file package you can allow user to download each file separately.

Allow selecting specific files to download

For multiple-file package you can allow user to select only specific files to download as a ZIP package. This feature works with if option “Allow single file download” is enabled.

Both options checked will produce the check mark download list

only checking “allow single file download” will create a dropdown option!

as an example i changed @fuzzel 10.6 beta upload you must drop down and select the one you want or you will get ALL by default.

Make sense? Waste of time? Hate it? maybe i should do a pole :wacko:

Please let me know what you think look at 10.6 beta as example

I cannot Like this enough!!!!!!! :good:

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Had a few members complain about being logged out after browser close if “remember me” was not checked AND also complaining if they checked remember me then it logs them out every 14 days!

So today i added some code that should increase “auth cookie expiration” to 1 year if you check remember me. I think  :wacko:

Anyone else get logged out after 14 days? if so lets see what happens in 15 days from today :)

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

I seem to get logged out a lot.. more on the app than on the website, but frequently enough here too.  Hopefully you fixed that  :good:

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Couple small things tweaked today.

Made sure the “remember me” will set to 1 year if you have it checked when logging in….. maybe hell i can only assume it works

Also moved search icon in top navbar to right about 1″ but you would need to clear cache in your browser to see it which would also reset your login?   :wacko:

anyways thats all nothing to exciting

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks you so much randr for constantly doing improvements to this site. Funny how  it takes years to fix embedded YouTube videos else where. : :heart:

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Well for me site is a way to play and test stuff. Heck it’s all for fun I enjoy it. Just FYI it took me a frikkin week to move search icon ?

for IOS and Android

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

Whats up with all these double posts from xyzscript??

The name showed in red as a keymaster at bottom of page.

Are you testing something Randr?

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

They are the developers of the new Facebook api testing autoposting to Facebook. I could not get it working properly so called in the authors of the plugin to fix.

We had to test and fix the new Facebook autopost api last night and I called in the author of plugin (xyzscripts.com) to fix the issue. Sorry about the confusion but it is now fixed and working with new Facebook api that is needed by March 25th. I did turn off push notifications in vpinball app for new uploads but didn’t think about turning off updated uploads push. So ignore the tests from last night and it won’t happen again api now is working normally

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Made so small changes to site footer.

Added:

Top 5 thanked users

5 most popular downloads(old top 5)

Top 5 TABLE downloads.

will be doing some more backend updates tonight with security so will keep you posted on that as it happens but check out footer and let me know if it is worth while addition or not?

for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                                  Participant
                                    @lynnindenver

Couple small things tweaked today.

Made sure the “remember me” will set to 1 year if you have it checked when logging in….. maybe hell i can only assume it works

Also moved search icon in top navbar to right about 1″ but you would need to clear cache in your browser to see it which would also reset your login? :wacko:

anyways thats all nothing to exciting

Nope, still logged out after two weeks. I’ll try specifically clearing the cookie on my end and try again.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

@lynnindenver if you don’t check remember me when login in it will log you out in 14 days. Keep me posted and thanks for reply!

for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
                                      Participant
                                        @lynnindenver

@lynnindenver if you don’t check remember me when login in it will log you out in 14 days. Keep me posted and thanks for reply!

Actually, I click Remember Me every single time. And this was about 13 days.

I’ve deleted all the VP cookies, so we can check again in two weeks. Maybe it retained a setting from earlier.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                        Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                        Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

@lynnindenver if you can log out/login and then simple right click the SECURE padlock in chrome browser just left of HTTPS got to cookies and see if you show cookie for vpinball.com wordpress logged in today’s date but expires 1 year from last login and let me know

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

I verified on 4 different pc’s if you log out and log in with remember me checked it will change cookie to 1 year. So if you so happened to get logged out for no reason remember check remember me. I did adjust the cookie today a bit so you may have to logout/in to get new one

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?