Working on site

• This topic has 1,071 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by randr.
Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,072 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

I’m actually a Firefox girl, so anything about Chrome doesn’t apply to me :-) . I see the green padlock already. I went ahead and cleared my cookies for this site and relogged in.

I have looked at the PHPSESSID cookie after clearing and relogging, and it does say Mar 27 2020 for the expiration this round. wordpress_logged_in shows “Session” for expiration. wordpress_sec for wp-admin expires April 11.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Firefox girl ? :good:

Draifet
        Participant
          @draifet

I’m using Chrome and recently I have issues with the top menus, If I stretch the window they are rearranged one below the the others, fine, but then I can’t select the options, the open window menu banish when I get close with the mouse pointer.

Thanks for your work on this nice site.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I had the same problem. I came after my FF was maximized on the 4k monitor. Resolution. Clear the cache, or I should say, force full reload, once the browser was adjusted back to the 1080 backglass monitor. (F5 on FF)

Draifet
            Participant
              @draifet

Thanks for the answer Thalamus, but not working for me with the cleared cache or F5, I can acceess the bottom row menus, but not the top one.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Make sure browser is updated maybe try edge just for fun or Firefox and see if you get different result.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

So, a selfish site feature request that others might like as well.

So on the main forum page where you have down the right side Recent Forum Replies, 5 Most Recent Uploads, Recent Portfolio Updates etc… would you consider breaking out the 5 Most Recent Uploads into 2 sections, maybe taking out the little description snippet to save space.

I would love to have one be just 5 Most Recent Table Uploads, and then 5 Most Recent Other Crap Uploads.  This is mainly because I really don’t care about most of the other updates (pup packs, wheels etc) that seem to drown out the table uploads, and lets face it the table uploads are the heart of the vpinball community.

Thanks for your consideration and all you do @randr.  :rose:

Oh, and don’t try edge, it’s just bad, and probably evil too.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

@borgdog i will look and see what i can break down :good:   I sorta did that in footer already just a few days ago

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Tightened up security a bit this morning. we have had 3 spam posts\blog posts in 2 months so i hope this will help stop that. Not a huge deal to get a spam post once in a while though but hey i am trying to keep it to a minimum

for IOS and Android

Draifet
                      Participant
                        @draifet

I tried the evil Edge explorer and it works fine, but I like Chrome  :cry:

I can reach the bottom submenus and Downloads, but not the first 3 when the window is stretched, and I use a lot the Most Recent Forum posts. Probably the issue is caused by the superposition ot the submenuus on the bottom row with the lower row, cause I can access Downloads, and Wikis if I don’t move the cursor to the left touching the shopping bag.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Clear browser cache I bet it will fix what your seeing

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Draifet
                          Participant
                            @draifet

Ok, cleared the cache as u and Thalamus suggested, logged off, cleared the cache again, closed Chrome, opened Chrome, cleaned the cache again, logged in and now it works… now I can see only a row of menus or nothing at all if I stretch the window too much, but it’s fine this way. Thanks.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Made some small changes to the “landing” page.

Main slide show will now only showcase new tables uploads BUT just below that i added a very cool grid showcasing all the other GREAT uploads and in this grid you can click image to preview the image or click the “go to download” button to bring you right to the new upload.

COOL stuff and i think it showcases the great work from EVERYONE with main focus on the actual tables we all love.

let me know your thoughts and i am working on similar deal for side menu on forum index to break down new uploads a bit better by tables and all others available that people share! Really should make things easier to keep track of.

for IOS and Android

bord
                                @bord
                                MembervipContributorModerator

I was going to request something like borgdog’s request but for the app. I’m getting waaaay too many updates for wheel images and then multiple revisions of the same wheel image within a few hours. I’m glad these things are being uploaded but it would be nice to customize my preferences for notifications instead of having to delete the app to save my sanity.

Is there some way we could only subscribe to notifications about certain categories of uploads?

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

@bord I’m working on it! Not easy to do so will take some time but agreed the push on update seemed like a great idea but I guess I never thought someone could update a upload so many times ?

for IOS and Android

bord
                                    @bord
                                    MembervipContributorModerator

Maybe someone should make a tutorial called “How To Only Upload A Wheel Image Once You’re Actually Done With It.”

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Yea honestly never thought it would be a such a problem! But even can drive be crazy at times but I also get push notifications every time a bug crawls over my doorbell so I’m used to that.

I plan on adding a page you can visit to turn on/off certain notifications. But like I said it’s going to be a little bit to get that working

for IOS and Android

roccodimarco
                                      Participant
                                        @roccodimarco

Nice update.  I’m with you guys on the table updates being the showcase.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Modified side bar in forum index.

Now should keep new table releases separate from the more active wheel uploads and other uploads.

still working on styling but should “work” for now

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          CarnyPriest
                                          Participant
                                            @carnypriest

Wheels are the black licorice jelly beans of the VPinball candy bowl. I’d be ok never seeing another one. :whistle:

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,072 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?