Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    jjkrause
    Participant
    @jjkrause

Simply amazing!  I’m new to all this and can’t thank the contributors enough to make this all possible.  This table is in my top 3 favorites right now, thank you so much for the unbelievable work! :heart:

Dutchman
    Participant
    @dutchguy

Looks very nice, thank you for this beautiful looking table! :good:

bietekwiet
    Participant
    @bietekwiet

I noticed a slight jump of the ball when it rolls from the inlanes onto the flippers.
    Can it be that the flippers are not perfectly aligned with the inlanes?

I just noticed this as I could not get high scores on the current Discord competition, thinking something is off with my aim. Upon looking closer to the ball behaviour I noticed that little jump each time.

Perhaps this occurs on the real table as well, I am not sure?

Ps: I am on v1.4 but to check I reverted also to v1.2 and it is there as well. So perhaps it has always been there.
    It is quite subtle and only noticed it because of playing the table hours on end.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Real pinball machines are far from perfect in this area. Maybe when the game is new, they can be. But, over time, and after flipper changes this can certainly become the “standard” for the machine. If you don’t like something like that. It is actually quite easy to fix all on your own. Just look at the editor, find the layer where the flippers are, find the layers where the inlanes are. Figure out how walls, or whatever they have been created with and start to adjust. I urge everyone to start to do more than just relying on the authors to adjust the machine to your exacts specs. No machine in the wild is playing exactly the same way, not even brand new ones. They do, now, I admit, play more near each other than when in the 80-90 not to talk about the EM’s.  One thing though. Don’t do like Bigus1 – make some small changes and come running with a mod.

Knorr
    Participant
    @knorr
    vipContributor

I noticed a slight jump of the ball when it rolls from the inlanes onto the flippers.

Can it be that the flippers are not perfectly aligned with the inlanes?

I just noticed this as I could not get high scores on the current Discord competition, thinking something is off with my aim. Upon looking closer to the ball behaviour I noticed that little jump each time.

Perhaps this occurs on the real table as well, I am not sure?

Ps: I am on v1.4 but to check I reverted also to v1.2 and it is there as well. So perhaps it has always been there.

It is quite subtle and only noticed it because of playing the table hours on end.

Usually the inlanes are higher then the edge of the flipper itself, at least on williams/bally machines. I’m on the road so I can’t tell it for sure but I lowered the inlanes to get post passes work without changing the elasticity of the flippers. More of a compromise that hole thing. The primitve inlanes are perfect aligned to the real machine which makes them a little bit off too when you compare left and right… I’m also not that satisfied but if you leave the settings there should be nothing weird accept for the usual latency and flipper bugs itself.

At the moment I test the velocity script of jp. This should also solve some problems and I hopefully can raise the strength of the flippers to get at least some better aiming.

Cheers

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bietekwiet
    Participant
    @bietekwiet

Wow, thanks for the explanation, Knorr.

You guys are truly wizards and the dedication you show to the pinball experience is phenomenal.

This table, without a doubt , rocks!

Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW